rlt

RECALLED PETITION - UPDATE

1,102 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hi.

Sorry to start a new topic for the recalled petitions, but the other one is getting too long and confused as well.

I check my status online all the time, and they just updated it.

It no longer says "This case has been approved...'

It now says:

"On June 22, 2006, we received this case back from the Department of State for further review. We will mail you a notice when our review is complete or when we take other action."

My case was recalled on May 17th due to IMBRA, and I didn´t get any update since then.

I´m surprised they don´t mention anything about RFE.

What should I think? Does it sound bad like a new security check thing or they will finally mail me the RFE?

Also, on May 24th I got an email from NVC saying they sent my case back to Vermont, which I confirmed this week with their officers.

Strange they got it back from DoS.

Why do you think that is????

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

To me it sounds like they´re finally working on how to get the cases back in the system and out of storage (the parts that they keep at USCIS and don´t foward to the Embassy). I think you´ll have another update about the RFE really soon, beggining of next week.

I can imagine how hard must of been for them to take a file out of archive to reprocess (it´s a rare procedure, I´d think).

(Puerto Rico) Luis & Laura (Brazil) K1 JOURNEY
04/11/2006 - Filed I-129F.
09/29/2006 - Visa in hand!

10/15/2006 - POE San Juan
11/15/2006 - MARRIAGE

AOS JOURNEY
01/05/2007 - AOS sent to Chicago.
03/26/2007 - Green Card in hand!

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS JOURNEY
01/26/2009 - Filed I-751.
06/22/2009 - Green Card in hand!

NATURALIZATION JOURNEY
06/26/2014 - N-400 sent to Nebraska
07/02/2014 - NOA
07/24/2014 - Biometrics
10/24/2014 - Interview (approved)

01/16/2015 - Oath Ceremony

*View Complete Timeline

Timeline
To me it sounds like they´re finally working on how to get the cases back in the system and out of storage (the parts that they keep at USCIS and don´t foward to the Embassy). I think you´ll have another update about the RFE really soon, beggining of next week.

I can imagine how hard must of been for them to take a file out of archive to reprocess (it´s a rare procedure, I´d think).

I was thinking about that, actually.

I thought my application was sent to the Embassy. What do they keep with them in the storage and what do they fwd?

Anyways, the DoS part got me a bit worried...

Edited by rlt

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

I think they said DoS in general it being NVC, no? Dunno about those denominations.

I am thinking that they probably don´t send the entire package to the NVC to send to the Embassy, they must just send the forms and most important documents, keeping all other evidence we send, like pictures, letters, etc.

(Puerto Rico) Luis & Laura (Brazil) K1 JOURNEY
04/11/2006 - Filed I-129F.
09/29/2006 - Visa in hand!

10/15/2006 - POE San Juan
11/15/2006 - MARRIAGE

AOS JOURNEY
01/05/2007 - AOS sent to Chicago.
03/26/2007 - Green Card in hand!

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS JOURNEY
01/26/2009 - Filed I-751.
06/22/2009 - Green Card in hand!

NATURALIZATION JOURNEY
06/26/2014 - N-400 sent to Nebraska
07/02/2014 - NOA
07/24/2014 - Biometrics
10/24/2014 - Interview (approved)

01/16/2015 - Oath Ceremony

*View Complete Timeline

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
Hi.

Sorry to start a new topic for the recalled petitions, but the other one is getting too long and confused as well.

It now says:

"On June 22, 2006, we received this case back from the Department of State for further review. We will mail you a notice when our review is complete or when we take other action."

My case was recalled on May 17th due to IMBRA, and I didn´t get any update since then.

What should I think? Does it sound bad like a new security check thing or they will finally mail me the RFE?

Also, on May 24th I got an email from NVC saying they sent my case back to Vermont, which I confirmed this week with their officers.

I think it is the beginning of the good news for us all! Thanks for starting the new thread, that other one got out of control!

Timeline

Hi.

It now says:

I think it is the beginning of the good news for us all! Thanks for starting the new thread, that other one got out of control!

Did you get any update on your case, Lewis?

I´m still just wondering the DoS role at this whole thing.

Well... if VSC issue with the recalled cases was their computer system, they sure have that fixed now.

Let´s hope for more updates this week.

:)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

No updates yet, I'm sure it will be soon. You guys are probably right about our files, they have to be mated with our petitions in order for our cases to be checked. DOS? who knows at this point, it's just good you know they have your case now. They obviously had to do some fixing of their case update system.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
No updates yet, I'm sure it will be soon. You guys are probably right about our files, they have to be mated with our petitions in order for our cases to be checked. DOS? who knows at this point, it's just good you know they have your case now. They obviously had to do some fixing of their case update system.

That's what I was told; that USCIS keeps a file on every petition they receive, and that they have to be recalled from storage and matched with the returned petition before any action can be taken. I doubt they've had so many returned cases at once before.

I'm glad to see some forward movement is taking place!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Israel
Timeline

rlt, my heart leaped up upon reading your post. This is excellent news I think they have finally gotten around to us!!!! Keep us posted, I've been checking, and nothing for me yet.

The journey begins...got the package together sent FedEx OV 2/22/06

Packet received in VT Center 10:53 AM Signed by G.Merrihew 2/23/06

Packet returned, check made out for the wrong amount, I feel stupid :( 3/4/06

New check made out, given to Fedex today but will go out Monday morning 3/6/06

Packet received SECOND time signed by same person at 11:00 am, please God let this be it! 3/7/06

NOA 1-------------------------3/8/06

Check cashed----------------3/9/06

Touched----------------------3/21/06

NO2 approved electronically!!!!!!!!!------3/22/06

Touched, I guess they mailed the petition out today-------3/23/06

NVC sent out approved petition!!! YAYYYYYYYY-------------3/27/06

Packet 3 received by my fiance----------------------------4/9/06

Medical appnt.------------------------------------------4/10/06

Packet 3 sent back-----------4/14/06

Interview Date Given for MAY 15------------------4/24/06 Interview cancelled 5/11/06

Case reopened by VSC---7/13/06

Touched-------------------7/14/06

Touched------------------7/15/06

RFE Update!!!!----------7/17/06

RFE Sent back---------7/22/06

RFE Update Online----7/26/06

Touched---------------7/27/06

Touched--------------7/28/06

Touched-------------7/29/06

Touched------------8/09/06

Re-APPROVED-----8/09/06

NVC sent out to the embassy---8/14/06

Interview re-scheduled for----- 9/26/06!!!!!!!

APPROVED_RECEIVED VISA IN HAND 10/03/06!!!!

Timeline

Mine got recalled on the same date RLT's was but I haven't had any change on the status of the case. I'm happy though. I think it has to do with the RFE. Let's wait and see. :)

Edited by Mew

I only offer advice - not even legal. Just the plain and simple kind.

Timeline (incompleta)

Timeline

So it´s only two people with sn updated status so far.

Me and Americanwooman.

Let´s remember we are probably no more than 20 people from 1100 here in VJ.

I think this will be our week.

Getting to our cases and hopefuly sending our RFEs.

I´ll keep checking and if something change I´ll let you know.

I truly hope this is good news...

Do you think I could be in one of those 6 month-long security checks? Do they do that in Vermont? Or it would be somewhere else?

Just being paranoid..

Yes well I spoke with VSC in the beginning of the week, and they said they got my file back. Yesterday NVC finally responded to my email saying they hadn't gotten my petition back from the Embassy. I feel like a mongrel scrounging for scraps of bad meat.

Anyway I'm glad something is happening.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Israel
Timeline
Mine got recalled on the same date RLT's was but I haven't had any change on the status of the case. I'm happy though. I think it has to do with the RFE. Let's wait and see. :)

Mine got recalled a bit earlier, but all is great I hope for good news :thumbs: I think it is in fact IMBRA related

The journey begins...got the package together sent FedEx OV 2/22/06

Packet received in VT Center 10:53 AM Signed by G.Merrihew 2/23/06

Packet returned, check made out for the wrong amount, I feel stupid :( 3/4/06

New check made out, given to Fedex today but will go out Monday morning 3/6/06

Packet received SECOND time signed by same person at 11:00 am, please God let this be it! 3/7/06

NOA 1-------------------------3/8/06

Check cashed----------------3/9/06

Touched----------------------3/21/06

NO2 approved electronically!!!!!!!!!------3/22/06

Touched, I guess they mailed the petition out today-------3/23/06

NVC sent out approved petition!!! YAYYYYYYYY-------------3/27/06

Packet 3 received by my fiance----------------------------4/9/06

Medical appnt.------------------------------------------4/10/06

Packet 3 sent back-----------4/14/06

Interview Date Given for MAY 15------------------4/24/06 Interview cancelled 5/11/06

Case reopened by VSC---7/13/06

Touched-------------------7/14/06

Touched------------------7/15/06

RFE Update!!!!----------7/17/06

RFE Sent back---------7/22/06

RFE Update Online----7/26/06

Touched---------------7/27/06

Touched--------------7/28/06

Touched-------------7/29/06

Touched------------8/09/06

Re-APPROVED-----8/09/06

NVC sent out to the embassy---8/14/06

Interview re-scheduled for----- 9/26/06!!!!!!!

APPROVED_RECEIVED VISA IN HAND 10/03/06!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.