rebeccajo

Another idiot with a gun

412 posts in this topic

Guns. Abortion. Politics. Religion. These topics, when they invariably decompensate into an "I'm right, and you're wrong" fest do nothing but stir up dissension, leave bruises and never end well. Can't someone bring in some cuddly cats or talk about Timbits with coffee to help lighten things up? :lol:

Sign-on-a-church-af.jpgLogic-af.jpgwwiao.gif

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
Guns. Abortion. Politics. Religion. These topics, when they invariably decompensate into an "I'm right, and you're wrong" fest do nothing but stir up dissension, leave bruises and never end well. Can't someone bring in some cuddly cats or talk about Timbits with coffee to help lighten things up? :lol:

Timbits can kill people just like guns.

Wishing you ten-fold that which you wish upon all others.

Filed: Country: Brazil
Timeline

coffee can also kill ... and beware of the burro carrying the beans too

Edited by Natty Bumppo

you mean you can overdose on Timbits? Well go ahead anyways and Eat this box of them in 30 minutes and beat Man vs. Food! The prize is a trip to the cardiologist to unseal your arteries. :lol:

timbits1.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

:ranting::protest:

Edited by charles!

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Another idiot with a gun, Man shoots 4 family members, then himself

Well heres your topic

And then Plat says "I wanted to suggest that the problem isn't with guns; it's with idiots. Allow me/us to remove the idiots from society, and there won't be a problem with guns any longer. Responsible gun owners can continue to hunt and protect themselves from those who will inevitably escape the initial wave of detection and termination."

And you say "Good idea.

Except that makes you no better than the idiots."

So what exactly is this thread SUPPOSED to be about?

Keep readin! You'll get there!

So back to the original You don't really know what the heck you were posting it for except to say ANOTHER idiot with a GUN... I C

So I will stick with my original response :rofl:

All that staring at your monitor has made it impossible to have thoughts outside of a single dimension?

No I have no problem thinking about all the aspects of a given situation. If you wanted to point out something else in the post that you may have been trying to draw attention to you would have titled the topic differently. I'm sorry I see through the hidden meanings.

Like, if you wanted to talk about the plight of the 4 family members that were murdered you would have made the topic something like "Family of 4 dies because of unstable relative" or "4 people murdered by family member" or maybe if you wanted to draw attention to the unstable mind of the individual that did the killing. You could have titled it something like "Poor crazy guy seeking help kills 4" or "I wonder if anyone tried to help this poor soul" but NOOOOOO....

You titled it ANOTHER IDIOT WITH A GUN....... it's not hard to see where your heading with a comment like that.

;)

That's right. All I had to do was set the bait and you all come running.

Now that we've got that sorted out ............ let's see if you can take it to the next level. Or if your selective outrage will keep you from it.

Outrage, you got me wrong :rofl: there is no outrage here I enjoy pointing out the inept thinking of others.

Mailed n-400 : 4-3-14

USCIS Received : 4-4-14

NOA1 Sent : 4-8-14

Biometrics Appt Letter Sent : 4-14-14

Biometrics Appt : 5-5-14

usaflag.gifphilippinesflag.gif

Poverty Guidelines : http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-864p.pdf
VisaJourney Guides : http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...amp;page=guides
K1 Flowchart : http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...amp;page=k1flow
K1/K3 AOS Guide : http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...mp;page=k1k3aos
ROC Guide : http://www.visajourney.com/content/751guide

DSC04023-1.jpg0906091800.jpg93dc3e19-1345-4995-9126-121c2d709290.jpg

Filed: Timeline
I don't think there is a distinction for driving a car as either driving somewhere innocently or guilty. Guns have a single purpose: to penetrate flesh and either maim or kill. If that isn't obvious then there really isn't a purpose of discussing morality and legality.

Guns are used as a deterrent too, my point being is deal with the gunman not the gun. A madman has a lot of options and its pointless to think if we take the gun out of the equation its all good.

I gotta go

Well as I've said before... we're not talking about an across the board 'taking guns out of the equation' deal here. For every extreme case and crazy out there we can find a weapon down to a carpet fiber if you want. The very clear difference is obvious, like I said- and its in the design of the weapon. I'm sure if you were to do an actual statistical analysis to show frequency of use and result in depriving humans of their lives in a non-bellicose fashion that the intentional use of cars, tractors, RVs, knives, chalk, fingernails, rope, arsenic, flowers, ghecko tails, beer bottles, farts, frying pans, pizza cutters, street signs, cement blocks, pirañas, sharks, etc all added up have NOT been utilized to kill as many people as firearms.

And in those details is where we should be rationalizing our thinking... not in equating things on slippery slopes as if they were all equal.

You forgot bicycles.

Maybe we could compare the number of bicyclists (and pedestrians) killed by inattentive morons driving cars to the number of people killed intentionally by guns per year.

I believe that comparison would make the concept of keeping morons out of cars seem much more important than keeping guns away from people.

Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. ####### coated bastards with ####### filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive bobble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

you mean you can overdose on Timbits? Well go ahead anyways and Eat this box of them in 30 minutes and beat Man vs. Food! The prize is a trip to the cardiologist to unseal your arteries. :lol:

timbits1.jpg

Can't say... but the logic being implied in parts allover (knives vs guns) is that they carry equal potential to kill. So... if this were true, then one timbit... strategically launched at someone's open mouth...

Got a permit for that timbit ey!

Outrage, you got me wrong :rofl: there is no outrage here I enjoy pointing out the inept thinking of others.

I suggest you Google the term Slippery Slope.

You forgot bicycles.

Maybe we could compare the number of bicyclists (and pedestrians) killed by inattentive morons driving cars to the number of people killed intentionally by guns per year.

I believe that comparison would make the concept of keeping morons out of cars seem much more important than keeping guns away from people.

Well everyone knows that inattentive morons = intentional idiots. ;)

Wishing you ten-fold that which you wish upon all others.

timbits1.jpg

Can't say... but the logic being implied in parts allover (knives vs guns) is that they carry equal potential to kill. So... if this were true, then one timbit... strategically launched at someone's open mouth...

Got a permit for that timbit ey!

I suggest you Google the term Slippery Slope.

You forgot bicycles.

Well everyone knows that inattentive morons = intentional idiots. ;)

Just think...Back in the olden days, doctors actually assigned MORON to certain people as an official medical diagnosis. Maybe the shrinks could bring that diagnosis back. I wonder what the cure was for being a moron?

moron-index-lge311.jpg

Edited by itzallgood

Timeline
I don't think there is a distinction for driving a car as either driving somewhere innocently or guilty. Guns have a single purpose: to penetrate flesh and either maim or kill. If that isn't obvious then there really isn't a purpose of discussing morality and legality.

Guns are used as a deterrent too, my point being is deal with the gunman not the gun. A madman has a lot of options and its pointless to think if we take the gun out of the equation its all good.

I gotta go

Well as I've said before... we're not talking about an across the board 'taking guns out of the equation' deal here. For every extreme case and crazy out there we can find a weapon down to a carpet fiber if you want. The very clear difference is obvious, like I said- and its in the design of the weapon. I'm sure if you were to do an actual statistical analysis to show frequency of use and result in depriving humans of their lives in a non-bellicose fashion that the intentional use of cars, tractors, RVs, knives, chalk, fingernails, rope, arsenic, flowers, ghecko tails, beer bottles, farts, frying pans, pizza cutters, street signs, cement blocks, pirañas, sharks, etc all added up have NOT been utilized to kill as many people as firearms.

And in those details is where we should be rationalizing our thinking... not in equating things on slippery slopes as if they were all equal.

You forgot bicycles.

don't even get me started on this one ... freaking stupid drivers !!! :ranting:

and of course the poor driver always blames the cyclist for simply existing ... and how dare the cyclist be on the same road as the inattentive driver ...

Sorry Natty, no matter how obvious it is that guns make it easy to snap and cause damage in an instant, the fact that many gun owners never do somehow makes suggesting guns can be dangerous is wrong... It's a conundrum!

Good grief. What if its a mad man behind the wheel of a car, a lot more serious ####### could go down with better chances of someone dying. Do we make cars illegal. Sorry but your argument doesn't hold water. You don't punish the law abiding citizens because of the mad few.

Cars sole purpose = transport an individual.

Guns sole purpose = incapacitate or kill a living organism.

Edited by Booyah!

According to the Internal Revenue Service, the 400 richest American households earned a total of $US138 billion, up from $US105 billion a year earlier. That's an average of $US345 million each, on which they paid a tax rate of just 16.6 per cent.

As I stated to my good good friend natty, lets see if gun control does work or not.

Australia

• You can be imprisoned for as little as 3 years for murder. (Punishment is weak)
  • Farmers can keep a riffle or shot gun
  • Hand guns are restricted for use at gun clubs].
  • High power weapons of any sort are banned period. Heck, even air riffles are not permitted anymore.

US

We all know the drill here. Anything short of a ballistic missile is covered by the second amendment.

People murder by means of a firearm

Australia

1 every ~ 10,080 minutes.

United States

1 every 56 minutes

Hmm let me see, which approach is working. This one is going to be tough.

Edited by Booyah!

According to the Internal Revenue Service, the 400 richest American households earned a total of $US138 billion, up from $US105 billion a year earlier. That's an average of $US345 million each, on which they paid a tax rate of just 16.6 per cent.

Timeline
Sorry Natty, no matter how obvious it is that guns make it easy to snap and cause damage in an instant, the fact that many gun owners never do somehow makes suggesting guns can be dangerous is wrong... It's a conundrum!

Good grief. What if its a mad man behind the wheel of a car, a lot more serious ####### could go down with better chances of someone dying. Do we make cars illegal. Sorry but your argument doesn't hold water. You don't punish the law abiding citizens because of the mad few.

Cars sole purpose = transport an individual.

Guns sole purpose = incapacitate or kill a living organism.

don't you know it!! car windscreens just aren't as effective at killing bugs as a 9mm pistol