tibortt

Foreign income

14 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Hungary
Timeline

Hello everybody, I am an USC, have been living with my family and working in Ireland for the past 3 years, in the process of filing DCF for my Hungarian national wife. My question is that if my income exceeds the 125% set in the Poverty Guidelines, do I still need to show assets, or the income on the 1040 would be sufficient? - I'd appreciate your input, thank you-.

Edited by tibortt

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

If your income will continue when you return to the US then that will be ok. If this job will not continue then you will need to qualify using assets (3X the income amount) or have a co-sponsor.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Timeline
If your income will continue when you return to the US then that will be ok. If this job will not continue then you will need to qualify using assets (3X the income amount) or have a co-sponsor.

Thanks for your prompt reply. This job will end here in Ireland, however I have a concrete job set up, making even more and have the letter notarized from the employer in California.

Edited by tibortt

Timeline

Job offers are not the same as actual employment. Here on VJ I can't recall reading about anyone being successful presenting an offer letter to validate current income.

It may be worth making an inquiry at the embassy prior to interview. Especially if your current and future incomes are significant. And also to line up a co-sponsor as a back up if you cannot meet the asset requirements.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Timeline
Job offers are not the same as actual employment. Here on VJ I can't recall reading about anyone being successful presenting an offer letter to validate current income.

It may be worth making an inquiry at the embassy prior to interview. Especially if your current and future incomes are significant. And also to line up a co-sponsor as a back up if you cannot meet the asset requirements.

- Thanks very much for your help. Keep you guys posted.

Timeline

- Thanks very much for your help. Keep you guys posted.

Actually embassies will consider notarized, guaranteed job offers in lieu of current income. But you are right, it's worth to ask the CO, and see what they say.

Timeline

Keep us posted on what you learn. That would be great info to share here on VJ.

Timeline
Keep us posted on what you learn. That would be great info to share here on VJ.

I sure will let you know what develops. She is approx. 10 days away from her interview. Based on Embassy ratings, Dublin is really helpful, nice staff.

By the way, I used to live in Lynn, on Western, worked in Reading for Fraen Corp. Went a lot to Earl's roast beef place on Western Ave and shopped in Salem at Stop 'n Shop. Mass is a great place, miss it!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

I'd have the proof of assets ready just in case, but you may be ok with the definite job offer, Dublin is a very easy consulate (I did DCF there last year).

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Timeline
I'd have the proof of assets ready just in case, but you may be ok with the definite job offer, Dublin is a very easy consulate (I did DCF there last year).

Thanks very much for your input Penguin. Yes, I am familiar with your time line and posts a little bit. Actually I have been reading consulate ratings, and Dublin rates as one of the "easier" (kind, patient and friendly staff) embassies. The only thing is that I have to start between now and Dec. 31st, or the offer is off. By the way, I used to work for the company before, back in '03. I have the offer letter, signed, sealed, notarized and FedExe'd, just got it a few days ago.

Anyways, how are you guys doin' in AK? I used to go a lot to LR., since I have lived in Memphis. AK is a cool state, houses are cheap, people are nice. How are the twins? You guys take care and please, keep in touch. - Regards, Tibor

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

We are doing good, and I am expecting our third child :) The houses here are much cheaper- we bought a 4 bedroom home with yard for 1/3 the price of our one bedroom flat in Dublin- which is one of the reasons we moved.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: Other Country: Denmark
Timeline

Actually, there is in instance where offer of employment was satisfactory :)

I used a letter of employment offer. They didn't even ask to see it! They asked for no proof of income, they only went with what I listed on my I-864. I simply listed what my income of the new job would be on the I-864 (that is how they told me to do it), and I made sure to have a letter stating my start date and salary, but they didn't even ask to see it.

Timeline
Actually, there is in instance where offer of employment was satisfactory :)

I used a letter of employment offer. They didn't even ask to see it! They asked for no proof of income, they only went with what I listed on my I-864. I simply listed what my income of the new job would be on the I-864 (that is how they told me to do it), and I made sure to have a letter stating my start date and salary, but they didn't even ask to see it.

Thank you for your reply and encouragement. We'll keep you posted.

Timeline
We are doing good, and I am expecting our third child :) The houses here are much cheaper- we bought a 4 bedroom home with yard for 1/3 the price of our one bedroom flat in Dublin- which is one of the reasons we moved.

Congrats, you guys really busy there in AK. :yes: Well, we just going back to sunny CA and watch the sunset sitting on the beach :luv: Wish you all the pride and joy with the new baby!! We have an interview date set up in Dub on the 29th. Please cross fingers for us. - Thank you.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.