Perry/Elena

UK Police Report from the Ukraine for US

26 posts in this topic

Does Elena remember the name of the officer that wanted to grant her visa on the spot? When she gets the clearance, she should call and ask for a short appointment with him specifically. I'm sure she will be able to charm him into issuing everything she needs and won't have to deal with the other embassy bi#$h that caused the problem.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

if she stayed for less than 6 months in the UK - why did the US embassy asked for hte Police report at the first place?

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Moscow, Russia

I-129F Sent : 2009-06-22

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-06-25

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-09-24

NVC received: 2009-10-02

Yellow Envelope received: 2009-10-26

Interview - Dec 18, 2009 :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
if she stayed for less than 6 months in the UK - why did the US embassy asked for hte Police report at the first place?

In total she stayed well over six months because of 5 trips, but never over 6 months on any one trip... I am trying to find how the law actually reads. Can someone help me with this?

I can not tell if they had a right to do this or not.

It sure is heartbreaking though... went on a bike ride yesterday with friends... and so wanted her to be with me... things are so beautiful in the lakes area of Minnesota right now... in a few weeks it will be too cold for warm bike rides and everything will be harvested...

04/16/2009 - I-129F Mailed to CSC

04/17/2009 - Recieved at 10:53 AM

04/30/2009 - NOA1

05/04/2009 - Check shows up at local bank

05/05/2009 - Last updated

06/01/2009 - Updated address online... really hated to do this but moved to a new house

06/04/2009 - Date on address change letter

06/05/2009 - Last updated

07/23/2009 - NOA2

07/28/2009 - NOA2 in mail

08/10/2009 - Left NVC for Kyiv (Never got anything in the mail - told via phone call)

08/25/2009 - Called call center and scheduled interview for September 3rd.

08/29/2009 - Find letter from NVC was sent to the address on the application not the new one.

09/03/2009 - Interview day results - she needs a UK police report - never stayed there for 6 months but with combined trips was over 10 months.

09/16/2009 - turned in UK Police Certificate

09/18/2009 - Picked up visa and sealed env. from Fedex office after 1800.

09/19.2009 - We are together in Minnesota - 5 months and a couple days later

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

In total she stayed well over six months because of 5 trips, but never over 6 months on any one trip... I am trying to find how the law actually reads. Can someone help me with this?

I can not tell if they had a right to do this or not.

It sure is heartbreaking though... went on a bike ride yesterday with friends... and so wanted her to be with me... things are so beautiful in the lakes area of Minnesota right now... in a few weeks it will be too cold for warm bike rides and everything will be harvested...

Kiev has in the past aggregated multiple visits ... don't know if it is correct, but it is not the first time a VJ member has been caught in this situation

YMMV

Timeline

Wrote a letter that I'm sending to her via email as a cover letter when she turns this in... Thought I would share it..

Please find the Police Certificate for the UK you had requested during Olena's interview on September 3, 2009. I do not believe this was necessary given she never resided in the UK or was anything other than a visitor. Securing this document was very difficult.

It is my understanding she has already paid to have her visa delivered to her, but has not received the required packet that she will need for customs upon entering the US. Please give her this today as she drops off this letter and police certificate, or give her specific details for her to get this the next business day.

I trust immediate approval action will be taken on her case, as our Fall plans have been greatly delayed by this unnecessary request. If her visa will not be issued immediately I request that I be phone immediately at 218.***.***** day or night, with a detailed explanation of any further delays. I believe we are owed this courtesy and I am within my rights.

I did not travel to the Ukraine for her interview as I believed she would be treated fairly and with respect. I do not believe that has been the case, which is very unfortunate.

Again, we have had great excitement to finally be together, and this delay has caused us both great hardships. Please do all you can to expedite our being together.

Respectfully;

Perry....

04/30/2009 - NOA1

06/01/2009 - Updated address online... really hated to do this but moved to a new house

07/23/2009 - NOA2

08/10/2009 - Left NVC for Kyiv (Never got anything in the mail - told via phone call)

08/29/2009 - Find letter from NVC was sent to the address on the application not the new one.

09/03/2009 - Interview day results - she needs a UK police report - never stayed there for 6 months but with combined trips was over 10 months.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Wrote a letter that I'm sending to her via email as a cover letter when she turns this in... Thought I would share it..

Please find the Police Certificate for the UK you had requested during Olena's interview on September 3, 2009. I do not believe this was necessary given she never resided in the UK or was anything other than a visitor. Securing this document was very difficult.

It is my understanding she has already paid to have her visa delivered to her, but has not received the required packet that she will need for customs upon entering the US. Please give her this today as she drops off this letter and police certificate, or give her specific details for her to get this the next business day.

I trust immediate approval action will be taken on her case, as our Fall plans have been greatly delayed by this unnecessary request. If her visa will not be issued immediately I request that I be phone immediately at 218.***.***** day or night, with a detailed explanation of any further delays. I believe we are owed this courtesy and I am within my rights.

I did not travel to the Ukraine for her interview as I believed she would be treated fairly and with respect. I do not believe that has been the case, which is very unfortunate.

Again, we have had great excitement to finally be together, and this delay has caused us both great hardships. Please do all you can to expedite our being together.

Respectfully;

Perry....

She can bring it in, but since they deemed a PC from the UK a required document, she has not "officially" had the visa approved (sounds like it was approved pending receipt of the PC)... therefore to have expected the visa/brown envelope at any time during the period from the interview to the day she handed in the required document simply was not going to happen. Also, needless to say the chances of the giving it to her today will probably not happen... If I am not mistaken, the consulate "prints" visas only one or two days each week....

I also do not see where she was not treated with "respect" unless there is more to the story.....

YMMV

Timeline
She can bring it in, but since they deemed a PC from the UK a required document, she has not "officially" had the visa approved (sounds like it was approved pending receipt of the PC)... therefore to have expected the visa/brown envelope at any time during the period from the interview to the day she handed in the required document simply was not going to happen. Also, needless to say the chances of the giving it to her today will probably not happen... If I am not mistaken, the consulate "prints" visas only one or two days each week....

I also do not see where she was not treated with "respect" unless there is more to the story.....

UPDATE got the PC... deal with the embassy tomorrow.

There is more to the story... The woman who collected the documents did everything short of calling her a liar over and over again. The next Ukrainian guy who came to drill Elena... treatened her many times with "if any part of this is not true you will never get a visa to the US." When he was drilling her about specific dates, that they had her visas and passport and had the ability to reference and expected Elena to have all these dates in her head. The consulate was respectful but the staff to me went way over their "powers".

04/30/2009 - NOA1

07/23/2009 - NOA2

Timeline

Today's update... dropping off the police report...

Well Elena returned to the security gate this morning around 11:00 am to avoid the morning rush...

She told them she had some questions and they had her use the security phone.

A man answered and Elena told him that I wanted to know the names of the woman who had collected the documents and the consulate she had spoken to.

He said one moment and put her on hold then the woman who had acted as an interpreter to the consolutate came on the phone.

They had a lengthy conversation, in which Elena was told if I had any issues with the way they had been handling this, I needed to send an email and that would STOP her visa until my concerns were addressed. (Nice) Needless to say... we didn't turn in my email at this time.

Also said... "Why does your fiance want their names... I heard your interview and everything went really well. I can't give you her name because it is 'secret'" Knowing full well, that if I logged a formal complaint it would be easier to direct my complaint to a specific individual. Or if I have my contacts in the political circles calling them.

Elena explained I wanted the name of the woman who had called her a liar and she had brought additional documents (college diploma, records, etc.) to show to this woman that what she had said was the truth. Elena was told... "Nobody called you a lair! And no we do not want additional documents. You can't come in." (Yet this woman was not present when Elena was speaking to the document woman)

BUT, if I was there I could have gone in.

Basicly they went round and round... "If the counsulate is 'busy' it could take up to 8 to 10 days to get the visa... but usually it takes two to three days or maybe even today..."

Elena left only her passport and the police certificate and was told her sealed envelope would be sent via Fedex as well.

Basicly even though 2 weeks have passed everyone still remembered Elena...

In summary... We will see if they use their power for good or evil now... Don't beleive people who say Kyiv is easy and you don't need to go...

the woman collecting the documents is a pointy headed power hungry B. Who at least when the consulate is not in the building can act very unprofessional and condescending to the point of making people cry.

I am not gonna give all the specifics, on a public forum... Just I really regret not being there for Elena as I had originally promised her.

Will post one last time to wrap this up on how quickly the visa comes, which will have a big bearing on desire to start running this up the flagpole.

04/30/2009 - NOA1

07/23/2009 - NOA2

I certainly understand your frustrations. Generally the staff at the Kyiv embassy has been very accomodating to the K-1 applicants, but it is somewhat understandable that a woman staff member would give your Elena a hard time. It is very clear that American women don't want to compete with women thoughout the world, especially the lovely and intelligent women of Ukraine.

Hang in there a little longer. :thumbs:

Timeline

OK... final update to this thread for anyone who would end up reading it via a search in the future.

Called Fedex Friday morning no via yet... but the woman who answers between 11:00 and 1800 said she could come after 1800 and that is when the embassy brings the documents and if it comes she could get it.

So Elena went at 1800... several other people did as well.

her VISA AND TWO SEALED ENV. arrived when the car from the embassy got there.

Bought tickets for Saturday morning... Saturday night we were together after missing flights because of a hour late departure from Paris.

CRAZY weekend. :)

04/30/2009 - NOA1

07/23/2009 - NOA2

Great news, Perry!

Good luck on the rest of your VJ!

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.