thisislove

marriage and divorce decrees

4 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

hello..

my hubby and i are filling out the paperwork to adjust status from his B2 visa..

i have been reading and some info seems conflicting to the guides, would like clarification pls..

altho the guide says to have a certified copy of the marriage license..i see several ppl approved by sending a photocopy w/ the I130 or I30 can't remember sorry.. the original petition.. is this corriect?

also the divorce decree does read certified OFFICIAL copy so i would imagine that is the REAL certified copy and not photocopy..

thanks for the clarification.. don't want to get anything extra if its not necessary as the records office is not close..

thanks again!

[07/15/07 Met RG on vacation in Jamaica

07/27/09 He proposes on one of his visits here

08/07/09 We are married!!!!!

AOS from B2 visa

09/03/09 Completed medical.. all clear!!

09/21/09 Sent off I130, I485, I131, I765.. YAYYYYYY[/color]

09/23/09 package received

09/28/2009 all 4 NOA's printed (received on OCT 1ST)

09/30/09 checks cashed!

10/05/09 receive biometrics appt for 10/28/2009

10/13/09 walk in biometrics.. !

10/26/2009 receive interview letter for NOV 30th 11:30!!!! PRAISE GOD!

11/06/2009 receive advance parole papers.. no email, no updates beforehand..

11/16/2009 After 2 WEEKS of checking the mail thinking the EAD and AP come about the same time, we get the "card production ordered" email for the EAD.. better late than never.. thank you LORD!!!

11/19/2009 receive another email stating "card production ordered"

11/23/2009 receive EAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11/30/2009 bittersweet interview, but WE ARE APPROVED

12/02/09 social security card in mail

12/04/09 receive "welcome" letter in mail

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

The USCIS does NOT routinely require the original but a regular photocopy of the original or certified copy will suffice.

YMMV

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
hello..

my hubby and i are filling out the paperwork to adjust status from his B2 visa..

i have been reading and some info seems conflicting to the guides, would like clarification pls..

altho the guide says to have a certified copy of the marriage license..i see several ppl approved by sending a photocopy w/ the I130 or I30 can't remember sorry.. the original petition.. is this corriect?

also the divorce decree does read certified OFFICIAL copy so i would imagine that is the REAL certified copy and not photocopy..

thanks for the clarification.. don't want to get anything extra if its not necessary as the records office is not close..

thanks again!

Copies. I am adjusting from B-2 as well. I attached copies of Marriage certificate and attached copies of Divorce Decrees. We were fine and yes my I-130 was approved by just sending the copy of our marriage certificate.

IR5 For Parent

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Just make sure you have your originals at the interview, our IO wanted to see all originals even though I had included original certified copies in the packages.

Amy & Ryan

Met April 22, 2007 on Serenade of the Seas during Panama Canal cruise

Married May 09, 2009 in Fabulous Las Vegas

06/29/09 Mailed AOS Package to Chicago Lockbox

07/02/09 USCIS Signed for package

07/08/09 First NOA's for I-130, I-485, I-765 & I-131

07/10/09 USCIS Cashed checks

07/13/09 Biometrics letter generated

07/19/09 Biometrics letter received, appointment set for 07-28-09

07/23/09 Early Biometrics appointment (walk-in) at USCIS Goleta, CA office

07/29/09 Received Notice of Interview Date, set for September 01, 2009 in Los Angeles

08/31/09 Received AP (two of them)

09/01/09 Interview in Los Angeles - APPROVED! Yay! Card production ordered

09/05/09 EAD received

09/12/09 Green card received in the mail!

Start to Finish only 76 days!

06/06/11 Mailed I-751 Package to California USCIS

06/09/11 First NOA for I-751

08/05/11 Biometrics appointment at USCIS Oxnard, CA office

10/19/11 Received email and text that card production was ordered

10/20/11 Received email and text that application had been approved

10/25/11 Received NOA in mail regarding approval and card production ordered

10/26/11 Received Green Card in the mail!

Start to Finish 142 days!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.