kballtex

NVC September - 2009 Edition

2,912 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello!

I have a quick question about I864 form. I have the form filled out but before sending it to my husband I wanted to double check Question #21. We entered "1" for 21.a and "1" for 21.b and "0" for everything else to have the total household size as "2". But on reading this form again, I see that 21.c needs to be "1" if you are currently married.

Does this 21.c refer to an earlier marriage or the current marriage? If we add "1" here, the household size becomes "3" which is incorrect.

Sorry, I am confused about this...hopefully someone can help.

Thanks

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Montreal, Canada

I-130 Journey

I-130 Sent : 2009-06-09

I-130 NOA1 : 2009-06-12

I-130 Approved : 2009-08-26

NOA2 Hardcopy : 2009-08-31

NVC Journey

NVC Received : 2009-09-08

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2009-09-14

Pay I-864 Bill 2009-09-14

Return Completed DS-3032 : 2009-09-15

Return Completed I-864 : 2009-09-17

Return Completed DS-230 : 2009-10-21

Login Failed : 2009-11-02

Case Complete: 2009-11-03

Medical: 2010-02-10

Interview: 2010-02-24!!!! Yay!!!! APPROVED

Port of Entry: Blue Water Bridge, Michigan: 2010-03-14

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello!

I have a quick question about I864 form. I have the form filled out but before sending it to my husband I wanted to double check Question #21. We entered "1" for 21.a and "1" for 21.b and "0" for everything else to have the total household size as "2". But on reading this form again, I see that 21.c needs to be "1" if you are currently married.

Does this 21.c refer to an earlier marriage or the current marriage? If we add "1" here, the household size becomes "3" which is incorrect.

Thanks

Only concerns Current marriage! If your household is just YOU and your sponsoring your Husband, then its just 2 you and him.

Truly happy!!!

New life, new adventures, and a new attitude.

Timeline
Hello!

Thanks

Only concerns Current marriage! If your household is just YOU and your sponsoring your Husband, then its just 2 you and him.

Thank You!!! I have 1 more question....On Line 23, I have to enter his income. Since he is in Sales, its salary + commision. His salary is $60 K. Should I write $60 K + Bonus or just $60 K? I would just write $60 K but on 2008 his income was $62 K (which was salary + bonus) so i am not sure if the salary dropping from previous year to current will cause an issue?

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Montreal, Canada

I-130 Journey

I-130 Sent : 2009-06-09

I-130 NOA1 : 2009-06-12

I-130 Approved : 2009-08-26

NOA2 Hardcopy : 2009-08-31

NVC Journey

NVC Received : 2009-09-08

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2009-09-14

Pay I-864 Bill 2009-09-14

Return Completed DS-3032 : 2009-09-15

Return Completed I-864 : 2009-09-17

Return Completed DS-230 : 2009-10-21

Login Failed : 2009-11-02

Case Complete: 2009-11-03

Medical: 2010-02-10

Interview: 2010-02-24!!!! Yay!!!! APPROVED

Port of Entry: Blue Water Bridge, Michigan: 2010-03-14

Hello!

Thanks

Thank You!!! I have 1 more question....On Line 23, I have to enter his income. Since he is in Sales, its salary + commision. His salary is $60 K. Should I write $60 K + Bonus or just $60 K? I would just write $60 K but on 2008 his income was $62 K (which was salary + bonus) so i am not sure if the salary dropping from previous year to current will cause an issue?

Just enter his salary. You will be fine. No decrease will not effect it, he is above poverty levels if as I presumme is just you and him.

Truly happy!!!

New life, new adventures, and a new attitude.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
Hello!

Thanks

I just wrote my total income for the last year. Also, it looks like you can use I-864EZ form, it's much simpler than full I-864.

hello friends!

i am excited koz today i got my police check back in time for NVC stuff!! woo hoo.

tomorrow i will try calling NVC again, but considering its a public holiday in the USA on monday i guess i better wait one more day for my case number to maaaaybe come.

anyway, how is everyone?

i am super excited today. been a busy bee, got the forms COMPLETELY filled out for the rest of the process, with copies, evidence, etc etc.. and i am super excited koz i booked my panel medical exam for next friday the 18th!

yaay!

well, anyway, hope all is well... bring on CASE COMPLETE! hehe

Timeline
hello friends!

i am excited koz today i got my police check back in time for NVC stuff!! woo hoo.

tomorrow i will try calling NVC again, but considering its a public holiday in the USA on monday i guess i better wait one more day for my case number to maaaaybe come.

anyway, how is everyone?

i am super excited today. been a busy bee, got the forms COMPLETELY filled out for the rest of the process, with copies, evidence, etc etc.. and i am super excited koz i booked my panel medical exam for next friday the 18th!

yaay!

well, anyway, hope all is well... bring on CASE COMPLETE! hehe

Whoa nuts. In Canada, you need an interview letter before you can book a medical...o_o! Unless it's changed, but I doubt it. Australia isn't backlogged or anything is it? And I'm so glad to see you moving along dear. :)

dev356pr___.png

Removal of Conditions - January 6, 2012

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

Hey all, quick question about the I-864 and I-864A--for the parts I'm skipping (use of assets in calculating income), is it better to leave it blank or put N/A in all the fields? I'm not sure which they prefer.

Thanks!

Timeline
You can't leave anything blank, Spec. So None or N/A.

Wow, really? Is it ok if I write in black-ink "None" or "N/A" on a form I already had my father sign?

I wish they were more explicit about this in the instructions--they say "YOU DO NOT NEED TO COMPLETE THIS PART" but apparently that means "YOU MUST INDICATE YOU DO NOT PLAN TO COMPLETE THIS PART BY COMPLETING SAID PART"

Edited by spectheintro

Timeline

Yes, it's okay to write those in. My grandmother didn't fill in a couple things - I went ahead and filled them in for her.

For the assets part, I just put 0's down the entire way.

Montreal: BEAT!!! Approved!!!!!

event.png

Timeline
Yes, it's okay to write those in. My grandmother didn't fill in a couple things - I went ahead and filled them in for her.

Mal, maybe you can answer this for me too: do I leave the Alien and SSN fields blank, or do I write something in there to designate that she doesn't have either yet?

Edited by spectheintro

Timeline

Mal, maybe you can answer this for me too: do I leave the Alien and SSN fields blank, or do I write something in there to designate that she doesn't have either yet?

Both would be none. :)

event.png

Timeline

You're a rock star. :) Thanks! I'll fill these in now.

I gotta say, getting everything ready beforehand makes me feel a lot better, but it also gives me the jitters. It's like the day of the competition: you've prepped and prepped, now you just want the gun to go off so you can get it over with!

Timeline

Haha, I know the feeling. :) We're playing the "Case Complete" waiting game right now. I check the payment system 2-3 times a day and check the AVR about as much.

I also keep looking at our place and going, "God, I really want to pack!" But it's kinda silly when you don't have a clue when you'll be moving.

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.