kballtex

NVC September - 2009 Edition

2,912 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

that i have been wondering about that too. i do not financially support my husband, but still i was wondering if we could file jointly.

Give Generously, Live Fully, Laugh Often, Love Completely...AND PRAY ALWAYS!!!

He is home!!!

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Ireland
Timeline

Wonder if H&R Block is open yet for the yr i think i will give em a call and see

that i have been wondering about that too. i do not financially support my husband, but still i was wondering if we could file jointly.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

You need to get him an ITIN if you want to file jointly, and the return goes to a different place. If your husband is not on your bank accounts, though, just remember that any refund will be made payable to both of you. My husband and I had a problem with this, and it took 10 months for us to be able to actually cash the refund.

Married 2008

-------------------------------------------------------------------

5/21/09 - filed I-130

12/7/09 - Interview (denied for 28 yr old CIMT); filed waiver same day

6/18/10 - I-601 Waiver Denied, added misrep for checking wrong box on landing card (lifetime ban)

7/16/10 - AAO Appeal filed.

8/31/12 - AAO appeal sustained (THANK YOU, GOD FOR YOUR MERCY)

10/8/12 - USCIS sent file to Consulate

11/28/12 - Visa in hand

12/10/12 - HERE AT LAST! (ALL GLORY TO GOD!)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

so i am wondering if i should get the itin for him. he is not on my bank account, per se, but one of my savings, he is listed as the beneficiary. i usually don't file until march or april, so maybe he will be here by then? hmmmm....

Give Generously, Live Fully, Laugh Often, Love Completely...AND PRAY ALWAYS!!!

He is home!!!

Timeline
maybe he will be here by then? hmmmm....

I pray he is, Miss K. :thumbs:

If anybody needs more information on the ITIN, it's here:

http://www.irs.gov/individuals/article/0,,id=96287,00.html

Edited by JustJ

Married 2008

5/21/09 - filed I-130

6/18/10 - I-601 Waiver Denied, added misrep for checking wrong box on landing card (lifetime ban)

11/28/12 - Visa in hand

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline
maybe he will be here by then? hmmmm....

I pray he is, Miss K. :thumbs:

If anybody needs more information on the ITIN, it's here:

http://www.irs.gov/individuals/article/0,,id=96287,00.html

omg julie i just saw your signature honey ,, sorry about this , did they accept the waiver??? : : :unsure: !!

06/09/09. - I-130 sent to csc

06/18/09 . - Noa1 ( touched )

08/27/09 .- I-130 approved ( got so excited )

08/14/09. - Nvc assigned case #( after 12 long days)

08/17/09 - Ds 3032 emailed to hubby , ( Aos fee bill generated and paid )

08/18/09 - hubby emailed back ds3032

08/22/09 - Aos showed" paid "

08/22/09- IV bill generated ( and paid)

08/23/09- Ds 3032 accepted

08/24/09 -IV bill showed "paid"

08/25/09- Aos overnight

08/28/09- 864 got to nvc

10/01/09- hubby sent ds230

10/06/09- Rfe(grrrrr)

10/08/09 - resend -864

10/09/09- 230 got accepted

10/19/09 - LOG IN FAIL, FAIL,FAIL,FAIL,FAIL ( i did not even know what was going on !!!!!) MY BODY JUST FROZE IN FRONT OF THEPC !!!!

10/20/09- It is "official " per op "case complete" OMG !!!!

11/02/09- INTERVIEW date assigned , email received from nvc (Thankyou ! thankyou ! thankyou ! god!!!!!!! thankyou every one

in vj) (total of 35 working days in nvc)

11/04/09- package left nvc

11/16/09- Medical done and waiting for result

12/10/09- VISA APPROVED (slip given appointment for tuesday to pick up passport )

12/15/09- VISA ON HAND ( praise god )

02/01/10 - POE

03/02/10- Green card arrived

event.png

Timeline
omg julie i just saw your signature honey ,, sorry about this , did they accept the waiver??? : : :unsure: !!

They accepted the waiver packet, but not the cash. Apparently, you have to pay by bank draft. I had asked our attorney weeks ago about this, and he said it would be best if we had cash. So now I'm trying to figure out how the check gets paid. The USCIS site says "Dept of Homeland Security," but the embassy told my husband it gets made payable to "US Embassy, Dublin." I guess I'll go with what the embassy says and overnight it to them so they can forward us on over to London.

I have not had a chance to talk with him yet, as he's on a bus back to his home, but he did say that everyone was really nice.

I'm really struggling through my work day here. I told myself to be prepared for the denial, but it still hurts. Some part of me was really praying for a miracle. And now I'm scared to death. This is it for us. If the waiver is denied, what the heck am I going to do?

Married 2008

5/21/09 - filed I-130

11/28/12 - Visa in hand

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

They accepted the waiver packet, but not the cash. Apparently, you have to pay by bank draft. I had asked our attorney weeks ago about this, and he said it would be best if we had cash. So now I'm trying to figure out how the check gets paid. The USCIS site says "Dept of Homeland Security," but the embassy told my husband it gets made payable to "US Embassy, Dublin." I guess I'll go with what the embassy says and overnight it to them so they can forward us on over to London.

I have not had a chance to talk with him yet, as he's on a bus back to his home, but he did say that everyone was really nice.

I'm really struggling through my work day here. I told myself to be prepared for the denial, but it still hurts. Some part of me was really praying for a miracle. And now I'm scared to death. This is it for us. If the waiver is denied, what the heck am I going to do?

:crying:

06/09/09. - I-130 sent to csc

06/18/09 . - Noa1 ( touched )

08/27/09 .- I-130 approved ( got so excited )

08/14/09. - Nvc assigned case #( after 12 long days)

08/17/09 - Ds 3032 emailed to hubby , ( Aos fee bill generated and paid )

08/18/09 - hubby emailed back ds3032

08/22/09 - Aos showed" paid "

08/22/09- IV bill generated ( and paid)

08/23/09- Ds 3032 accepted

08/24/09 -IV bill showed "paid"

08/25/09- Aos overnight

08/28/09- 864 got to nvc

10/01/09- hubby sent ds230

10/06/09- Rfe(grrrrr)

10/08/09 - resend -864

10/09/09- 230 got accepted

10/19/09 - LOG IN FAIL, FAIL,FAIL,FAIL,FAIL ( i did not even know what was going on !!!!!) MY BODY JUST FROZE IN FRONT OF THEPC !!!!

10/20/09- It is "official " per op "case complete" OMG !!!!

11/02/09- INTERVIEW date assigned , email received from nvc (Thankyou ! thankyou ! thankyou ! god!!!!!!! thankyou every one

in vj) (total of 35 working days in nvc)

11/04/09- package left nvc

11/16/09- Medical done and waiting for result

12/10/09- VISA APPROVED (slip given appointment for tuesday to pick up passport )

12/15/09- VISA ON HAND ( praise god )

02/01/10 - POE

03/02/10- Green card arrived

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline

Just keep in mind... this is yet another step closer... The interview over and done, now to the waiver approval... Keep movin forward... I know we all hopin for a miracle, but when that doesent happen... just deal with reality!!! If they were really nice it must mean that other then the waiver situation (which you knew would most likely be the case) everything else must have looked OK... So you get that waiver to them and hopefully it will process sooner than you think!!! Sorry it did not happen for you today, but you moved closer to seeing it happen today... And that is something...

10/14/2000 - Met Aboard a Cruise ship

06/14/2003 - Married Savona Italy

I-130

03/21/2009 - I-130 Mailed to Chicago lockbox

11-30-09: GOT GREEN CARD in mail!!!!!!

Citizenship Process;

1/11/2013: Mailed N400 to Dallas Texas

3/11/2013: interview.. Approved

4/4/2013. : Oath! Now a U.S. citizen!

Timeline
Sorry it did not happen for you today, but you moved closer to seeing it happen today... And that is something...

Thanks, Christeen. You're right - it is a step closer. And maybe this is the final wait.

Married 2008

5/21/09 - filed I-130

11/28/12 - Visa in hand

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
Sorry it did not happen for you today, but you moved closer to seeing it happen today... And that is something...

Thanks, Christeen. You're right - it is a step closer. And maybe this is the final wait.

Keep your chin up and wish you luck!! but I am wondering did they give you 221G?..not sure..what it calls.

Cheers!!

Timeline

We weren't given anything. My husband was just told he was inadmissible due to the CIMT 28 years ago, and was told he'd need to file a waiver, so he handed it over - same window.

Married 2008

5/21/09 - filed I-130

11/28/12 - Visa in hand

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

I'm sorry Julie. How long does a waiver approval usually take?

03/27/2009: Engaged in Ithaca, New York.
08/17/2009: Wedding in Calcutta, India.
09/29/2009: I-130 NOA1
01/25/2010: I-130 NOA2
03/23/2010: Case completed.
05/12/2010: CR-1 interview at Mumbai, India.
05/20/2010: US Entry, Chicago.
03/01/2012: ROC NOA1.
03/26/2012: Biometrics completed.
12/07/2012: 10 year card production ordered.

09/25/2013: N-400 NOA1

10/16/2013: Biometrics completed

12/03/2013: Interview

12/20/2013: Oath ceremony

event.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Hi everyone...

I have a unique situation of sorts.... Has anyone been able to submit the DS230 package without the PCC from the Passport Office? My wife is in UK visiting her parents and we can't get the Passport office PCC (in India) now because they need the passport to give out the PCC (I've already submitted the PCC from the district police station to NVC). Our plan was to obtain the Passport office PCC once she's back in India after the interview date has been set and submit it @ interview time. Our case will be forwarded to the US embassy in Chennai (formerly Madras). Has anyone gone through a similar situation? Has NVC given anyone a pass on this and allowed them to submit it at interview time?

Thanks a lot!!

Go to profile & see "Our Story" section for entire Immigration history

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hey everyone, hope all is going well. My hubby's medical is tomorrow so I hope all goes well. Interview is next Wednesday so totally feeling nervous and anxious but excited. Just working on gathering evidence. So far I have a joint bank statement, a couple of phone records for two months, 75 pictures with captions, I already submitted 2 affidavits, a couple of e-mails and I printed my facebook wall regarding comments about our anniversary. I do not have any bills or a lease under our names. Not too many e-mails either because we used prepaid phones to talk and you can not track them. I have no kids so I do not have that as proof also. The pictures cover the 3 year span of us being together.

Do you guys think that will be enough evidence? Thanks!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.