kballtex

NVC September - 2009 Edition

2,912 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
for everyone who got a sign in failure- do you guys have any idea how often they update their system? Did you check first thing in the morning? last at night? multiple times during the day? thanks!

Took a week for the AVR to reflect our RFE. I've stopped bugging them. It's pointless, gets me all depressed, and wastes a long-distance phone call.

I've made up my mind to sit here & just wait. We'll see how long I can go without calling... :blink:

It's scheduling week. :dance::dance: If anybody gets an interview date, please check in & give the rest of us some hope. :star:

How does the scheduling work? I'm curious... If I just got case complete does that mean scheduling might be happening for us already, or will it get put in the pile with everything else...

Last I heard the backup in Montreal is pretty huge. Would love a shot at a 2009 interview if at all possible.

I haven't seen any evidence that Electronic Filing has helped anyone get a faster interview date recently except for one person.

We would all love to have a shot at a December interview, the fact is, its probably not going to happen. I wouldn't be surprised if they already scheduled December interviews and January dates will be coming out this month. As Christeen said, expect a Spring interview and if it happens to get scheduled sooner, then that's a bonus!

I had case complete today as well, so I am in the same boat you are.

Welcome aboard the Montreal interview waiting line. Don't bother buckling in, its gonna be a slow, long wait. :wacko:

Hey there!

Did you call NVC to check your completed case? I haven't talked to the OP just only AVR?

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
for everyone who got a sign in failure- do you guys have any idea how often they update their system? Did you check first thing in the morning? last at night? multiple times during the day? thanks!

Took a week for the AVR to reflect our RFE. I've stopped bugging them. It's pointless, gets me all depressed, and wastes a long-distance phone call.

I've made up my mind to sit here & just wait. We'll see how long I can go without calling... :blink:

It's scheduling week. :dance::dance: If anybody gets an interview date, please check in & give the rest of us some hope. :star:

How does the scheduling work? I'm curious... If I just got case complete does that mean scheduling might be happening for us already, or will it get put in the pile with everything else...

Last I heard the backup in Montreal is pretty huge. Would love a shot at a 2009 interview if at all possible.

I haven't seen any evidence that Electronic Filing has helped anyone get a faster interview date recently except for one person.

We would all love to have a shot at a December interview, the fact is, its probably not going to happen. I wouldn't be surprised if they already scheduled December interviews and January dates will be coming out this month. As Christeen said, expect a Spring interview and if it happens to get scheduled sooner, then that's a bonus!

Welcome aboard the Montreal interview waiting line. Don't bother buckling in, its gonna be a slow, long wait. :wacko:

Hey there!

Did you call NVC to check your completed case? I haven't talked to the OP just only AVR?

I got an email that my case was completed and to wait for an interview date. The AVR hasn't changed yet.

hey guys what website r ya getting signin fails on? is it the immigrantsvisa.state.gov

Yes, that is it. Log in like you were going to pay a bill, and if you get a message saying Log in fail, then that's what you have!

6/27/2009 Married after being together almost 2 years

USCIS Journey

I-130 package sent - 8/5/2009

I-130 package received - 8/9/2009

Check cleared my bank - 8/17/2009

NOA1 - 8/12/2009

NOA2 - 9/11/2009

NOA2 hard copy received - 9/18/2009

NVC Journey

NVC Received : 9/28/2009

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 10/2/2009

Pay I-864 Bill : 10/5/2009

Receive I-864 Package : 10/7/2009

Return Completed I-864 : 10/9/2009

Return Completed DS-3032 : 10/6/2009

Receive IV Bill : 10/20/2009

Pay IV Bill : 10/22/2009

Return Completed DS-230 Package : 10/26/2009

Log-In Fail: 11/6/2009

Case Completed at NVC : 11/9/2009

Received Interview date: 1/22/2010

Medical Exam: 2/23/2010 at 1:30 p.m. - yep he went for the latest possible appointment......

Interview date: 3/1/2010 APPROVED!!!!!

POE: 3/8/2010 - Thousand Islands

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hey there!

Hi, I have been calling and checking the AVR also- but I still do not have a sign in failure so I figured that would be the first indication anyway. They got everything since Oct 26th- this week has to be it or else I guess I am looking at next year.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Hey there!

I got an email that my case was completed and to wait for an interview date. The AVR hasn't changed yet.

hey guys what website r ya getting signin fails on? is it the immigrantsvisa.state.gov

Yes, that is it. Log in like you were going to pay a bill, and if you get a message saying Log in fail, then that's what you have!

I just hung up from the OP, she gave me a good news, my case was completed today. I have to wait for the interview schedule..and she said something more about the interview thing..which..I dont hear what she said..all I know just have to wait for that...my poor English!..now I'm happy a lil' bit..yeah yeah..thanks for everyone here again.. :dance::dance::dance:

Dance 'til I drop! now it's time for me to go back to bed

Cheers!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Yeah, that's it - are you failing? Would be totally kewl if we're both on board the December Dublin Express. :lol:

Cheers!

Congrats, Natt!!!

Married 2008

-------------------------------------------------------------------

5/21/09 - filed I-130

12/7/09 - Interview (denied for 28 yr old CIMT); filed waiver same day

6/18/10 - I-601 Waiver Denied, added misrep for checking wrong box on landing card (lifetime ban)

7/16/10 - AAO Appeal filed.

8/31/12 - AAO appeal sustained (THANK YOU, GOD FOR YOUR MERCY)

10/8/12 - USCIS sent file to Consulate

11/28/12 - Visa in hand

12/10/12 - HERE AT LAST! (ALL GLORY TO GOD!)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
congrats Natt! :thumbs:

Still saving you a spot in line, Miss K. :thumbs: Follow the popcorn trail... :pop:

Married 2008

-------------------------------------------------------------------

5/21/09 - filed I-130

12/7/09 - Interview (denied for 28 yr old CIMT); filed waiver same day

6/18/10 - I-601 Waiver Denied, added misrep for checking wrong box on landing card (lifetime ban)

7/16/10 - AAO Appeal filed.

8/31/12 - AAO appeal sustained (THANK YOU, GOD FOR YOUR MERCY)

10/8/12 - USCIS sent file to Consulate

11/28/12 - Visa in hand

12/10/12 - HERE AT LAST! (ALL GLORY TO GOD!)

Filed: Country: Ireland
Timeline

Yeah, that's it - are you failing? Would be totally kewl if we're both on board the December Dublin Express. :lol:

Cheers!

Congrats, Natt!!!

nope not yet dang it the one thing i want to fail in lol !!!!!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Geez... We have a baby coming in March - going to be praying we can get in before he comes along!

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Montreal, Canada

Marriage : 2009-05-09

I-130 Sent : 2009-05-26

I-130 NOA1 : 2009-06-03

I-130 Approved : 2009-08-21

NVC Received : 2009-09-01

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2009-09-09

Pay I-864 Bill 2009-09-09

Return Completed I-864 : 2009-09-15

Return Completed DS-3032 : 2009-09-13

Receive IV Bill : 2009-09-24

Pay IV Bill : 2009-09-25

Case Completed at NVC : 2009-11-06

Consulate Received : 2009-11-14

Packet 3 Sent : 2009-10-16

Packet 4 Received : 2010-01-22

Interview Date : 2010-03-11

Interview Result : Approved

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Woo hoo. What was your RFE for, spec?

03/27/2009: Engaged in Ithaca, New York.
08/17/2009: Wedding in Calcutta, India.
09/29/2009: I-130 NOA1
01/25/2010: I-130 NOA2
03/23/2010: Case completed.
05/12/2010: CR-1 interview at Mumbai, India.
05/20/2010: US Entry, Chicago.
03/01/2012: ROC NOA1.
03/26/2012: Biometrics completed.
12/07/2012: 10 year card production ordered.

09/25/2013: N-400 NOA1

10/16/2013: Biometrics completed

12/03/2013: Interview

12/20/2013: Oath ceremony

event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

congrats spec.

julie, i am getting weary. i they haven't even updated their avr that they received our rfe that was signed for on november 4th. so i am unsure if we will get complete case before they close the books. they have a holiday on wednesday (thank you veterans) so that put us behind a day. :lol: i think since they have a day off and i don't then they should extend the scheduling through next week so they can have a "full" week :thumbs:

Give Generously, Live Fully, Laugh Often, Love Completely...AND PRAY ALWAYS!!!

He is home!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.