73 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Just do as the Immigration officer at the infopass appointment told you to do and write to Chicago, keeping all copies of letters you write. You said you spoke to a divorce lawyer and a criminal lawyer, did you not have the sense to ask them what to do about the situation??

Janice

Edited by arwensun1965

3dflagsdotcom_us_wa_2fawm.gif3dflagsdotcom_ukeng_2fawm.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

what makes me wonder is..

is your wife (or ex wife now?) went out everynight? with her girlfirends?

I dont know.. i'm sorry to hear that you and her had a bad time together.. but for me my husband would be happy if i even have a girlfriend to go out with... may be not everynight but he wouldnt mine me go out with my girlfriends until 5am sometimes (my friend likes to go out to eat after the club close.. and i'd be falling asleep at the table :lol: ) Have you talked to her about this behavior before you tell her to pack her thing? Did she have a habit of going out like this while she was in Brazil?.. I'm sorry if this seems a bit personal.. dont have to asnwer.. just ignore me

oh.. i had a Brazilian friends before (they were int he US) and they would be out partying all night or just doing somthing after the bar close.. i couldnt keep up with them!! but they are fun :)

Edited by anya-D

K-1 = 4 months

AOS = 5 months

I-751 = almost one year

I Love My Life With You

"A society is judged by how it treats its animals and elderly"

lal_brandow,

Actually it's not - I suggested the immigration lawyer first because Luiz posted an immigration question and immigration advice is what he wants to hear at the moment. I threw in the divorce attorney afterwards because that's probably the more important issue for him to be concerned about and I didn't want him to overlook it. (At this point immigration has become his wife's problem, not his.)

But, he seems to be on the ball in that regard.

Yodrak

I have a lawyer on my divorce (it isn't exactly a divorce, but an annulment), because our marriage is only three months, the marriage can be canceled and she has no rights to my assets.

About a lawyer for the immigration, I already expended tons of money on criminal layer and the divorce lawyer, and I am trying to avoid another lawyer.

you did have an Affidavit of Support though, right? This is why Yodrak is suggesting speaking with an Immigration Attny THEN a divorce lawyer.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Im sorry to hear that. hope your problems get solved.

-Petition for Both Parents-

Aug. 26, 2009- Sent package...

Aug. 28, 2009- Packet recieved

Sept. 02,2009- Notice Date

Sept. 03,2009- Checks cashed

Sept. 17, 2009- Got approval letters

Sept. 30, 2009- NVC recieved and assigned case number

Oct. 02, 2009 - DS-3032 and AOS Bill sent

Oct. 06,2009 - Recieved DS-3032 and AOS bill (email)

Oct. 07,2009- AOS Bill Paid and sent DS-3032 (email)

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oct. 08,2009 -Parents wants to visit Aunt in Australia...delaying process.

Oct. 19, 2009-Parents decided to cancel Visit and come here in the US

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Oct. 19,2009- AOS package sent

Oct. 21, 2009-NVC recieved AOS package per USPS, sent DS-3032 (hardcopy) by mail(USPS)

Oct. 26,2009-NVC recieved AOS package per AVR

Oct. 27,2009-IV Bill generated

Oct. 28,2009-Paid IV Bill online

Oct. 29,2009-check cashed & status change to "PAID", DS-3032 accepted

Nov. 02,2009-Sent DS-230 package

Nov. 04,2009- AVR status says I'm missing docs (DS-230)

Nov. 04,2009-NVC recieved DS-230 package

Nov. 09,2009-AVR status: "NVC recieved checklist response on 11-09-2009

Nov. 19,2009- CASE COMPLETED(10 days!!!)

Jan. 05,2010 - INTERVIEW

Jan. 20,2010 - US Entry!!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Sounds to me like you probably should have kept your hands to yourself when your wife, who probably is at least 50 pounds lighter, several inches shorter and a whole lot less stronger than you, decided to push your helpless, pathetic self against the coffee table.

Sounds like she knew you were a hot-head and it wouldn't be hard to make a domestic violence charge stick.

I've been 'pushed' before. Wah. Sorry you don't get any sympathy from me.

I was cleared from the domestic violence case, because wasn't no violence. Her charges has been dismissed by the judge. My question here is for the immigration part of the problem. But I appreciate your input any way.

I-129F Sent: 09/21/05

I-129F Approved: 09/30/05

NVC received: 10/04/05

NVC Left: 10/05/05

Consulate Received: 10/13/05

Packet 3 Received: 10/26/05

Packet 3 Sent: 10/21/05 (we sent the paper to the consulate even before we got the packet #3)

Packet 4 Received: 11/9/05

Interview date: 12/14/05

We finally got the visa approved

She received the passport with the visas: 12/16/05

She will be here February 6th/06

She applied for the SS# on 2/9/06

Married on 2/22/06

Applied for Status change and Advance Parole: 05/02/06

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Sounds to me like you probably should have kept your hands to yourself when your wife, who probably is at least 50 pounds lighter, several inches shorter and a whole lot less stronger than you, decided to push your helpless, pathetic self against the coffee table.

Sounds like she knew you were a hot-head and it wouldn't be hard to make a domestic violence charge stick.

I was cleared from the domestic violence case, because wasn't no violence. Her charges has been dismissed by the judge. My question here is for the immigration part of the problem. But I appreciate your input any way.

I was cleared from the domestic violence case, because wasn't no violence. Her charges have been dismissed by the judge. My question here is for the immigration part of the problem. But I appreciate your input any way.

Just do as the Immigration officer at the infopass appointment told you to do and write to Chicago, keeping all copies of letters you write. You said you spoke to a divorce lawyer and a criminal lawyer, did you not have the sense to ask them what to do about the situation??

Janice

Those lawyer don't know about immigration laws

what makes me wonder is..

is your wife (or ex wife now?) went out everynight? with her girlfirends?

I dont know.. i'm sorry to hear that you and her had a bad time together.. but for me my husband would be happy if i even have a girlfriend to go out with... may be not everynight but he wouldnt mine me go out with my girlfriends until 5am sometimes (my friend likes to go out to eat after the club close.. and i'd be falling asleep at the table :lol: ) Have you talked to her about this behavior before you tell her to pack her thing? Did she have a habit of going out like this while she was in Brazil?.. I'm sorry if this seems a bit personal.. dont have to asnwer.. just ignore me

oh.. i had a Brazilian friends before (they were int he US) and they would be out partying all night or just doing somthing after the bar close.. i couldnt keep up with them!! but they are fun :)

The problem it isn't staying all night out, but lying about who she was with. I didn't want to make a book to explain the entire situation.

I-129F Sent: 09/21/05

I-129F Approved: 09/30/05

NVC received: 10/04/05

NVC Left: 10/05/05

Consulate Received: 10/13/05

Packet 3 Received: 10/26/05

Packet 3 Sent: 10/21/05 (we sent the paper to the consulate even before we got the packet #3)

Packet 4 Received: 11/9/05

Interview date: 12/14/05

We finally got the visa approved

She received the passport with the visas: 12/16/05

She will be here February 6th/06

She applied for the SS# on 2/9/06

Married on 2/22/06

Applied for Status change and Advance Parole: 05/02/06

Filed: Country: Spain
Timeline

If you have spent all this money on criminal and immigration attorneys, made INFOPASS appointment, etc., .....why are you posting here asking questions??? They didnt explain things to you??

I finally got rid of the never ending money drain. I called the plumber, and got the problem fixed. I wish her the best.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

DF, maybe he's just venting and want's a little support. I think for the most part he has received that support.

Luiz, sorry to hear about your situation. It does seem like you were used and taken advantage of. I hope you can sort everything out and move on with your life.

K-1 Timeline

11-29-05: Mailed I-129F Petition to CSC

12-06-05: NOA1

03-02-06: NOA2

03-23-06: Interview Date May 16

05-17-06: K-1 Visa Issued

05-20-06: Arrived at POE, Honolulu

07-17-06: Married

AOS Timeline

08-14-06: Mailed I-485 to Chicago

08-24-06: NOA for I-485

09-08-06: Biometrics Appointment

09-25-06: I-485 transferred to CSC

09-28-06: I-485 received at CSC

10-18-06: AOS Approved

10-21-06: Approval notice mailed

10-23-06: Received "Welcome Letter"

10-27-06: Received 2 yr Green Card

I-751 Timeline

07-21-08: Mailed I-751 to VSC

07-25-08: NOA for I-751

08-27-08: Biometrics Appointment

02-25-09: I-751 transferred to CSC

04-17-09: I-751 Approved

06-22-09: Received 10 yr Green Card

N-400 Timeline

07-20-09: Mailed N-400 to Lewisville, TX

07-23-09: NOA for N-400

08-14-09: Biometrics Appointment

09-08-09: Interview Date Oct 07

10-30-09: Oath Ceremony

11-20-09: Received Passport!!!

Sounds like someone is letting their own past experiences colour their reply to this one. Perpetual Victim Syndrome, and all that. He sounds very sincere. The judge agreed with him, which rarely happens in my experience. Yet you assume that HE was the aggressor. All men are aggressors. I keep forgetting that.

Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. ####### coated bastards with ####### filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive bobble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine.

Filed: Other Timeline

Sounds like someone is letting their own past experiences colour their reply to this one. Perpetual Victim Syndrome, and all that. He sounds very sincere. The judge agreed with him, which rarely happens in my experience. Yet you assume that HE was the aggressor. All men are aggressors. I keep forgetting that.

Perpetual Victim? Gee, that sounds politically correct. Where is your past experience that allows you to come off with such a summation? My past experience tells me you either have plenty or you have none....

No all men are not aggressors. But most of them outweigh and easily have more strength than their female partner. And THAT'S where I'm coming from.

You don't know me Cian and you don't know what I've been through. You run your mouth all the time on here......I'd suggest you don't start your venom with me.

Perpetual Victim? Gee, that sounds politically correct. Where is your past experience that allows you to come off with such a summation? My past experience tells me you either have plenty or you have none....

No all men are not aggressors. But most of them outweigh and easily have more strength than their female partner. And THAT'S where I'm coming from.

You don't know me Cian and you don't know what I've been through. You run your mouth all the time on here......I'd suggest you don't start your venom with me.

Then perhaps you shouldn't start your venom with the OP. You don't know what HE'S been through, other than what he's posted.

Run my mouth all the time? I post my opinion. Sometimes it's helpful, sometimes it isn't. I'm not the one who tried to make the OP feel like a little wussy for being abused by a woman, which is most likely the reason American males hardly ever press charges against abusive wives.

My past experience is none of your business. Let's just say that on the various boards that I own or have moderated, there are always a few perpetual victims....the ones who always assume the male is the aggressor, even if evidence indicates otherwise.

Size has nothing to do with it. Most men won't retaliate or even defend themselves against a woman, so how does their larger size or greater strength apply in any way? Pain is still pain, abuse is still abuse.

Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. ####### coated bastards with ####### filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive bobble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine.

Filed: Other Timeline
Size has nothing to do with it. Most men won't retaliate or even defend themselves against a woman, so how does their larger size or greater strength apply in any way? Pain is still pain, abuse is still abuse.

The OP did retaliate.

And physical size has everything to do with it. If you have ever been roughed up by someone a foot taller and 70 pounds your weight, especially when that person is pumped full of anger-based adrenalin, you would know that.

Yes it happened to me. Does that make me a victim? Perhaps.

Sorry, Cian, I call them as I see them. A gentleman doesn't put his hand in anger against his lady - ever.

Edited by rebeccajo

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.