73 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
A gentleman doesn't put his hand in anger against his lady - ever.

Rebecca,

I respectfully disagree. If a woman comes at me with a machete, you're damn right I'll hit her before I die. Doesn't matter how small she is or how cute she looks when she smiles.

Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline

I'm sorry, this is terrible. I hope you find someone truly special to share your life with.

As for the greencard, it seems to me like there is no way she can get it. You've only been married a few months, you haven't filed an affidavit of support, and you certainly won't go to an interview. I second the letters to USCIS telling them about possible fraud, but otherwise, what can you do?

6/27/06 NOA dates for I-130, I-131, I-765, I-485

7/17/06 received biometrics appt notice

7/27/06 biometrics completed

9/7/06 AP approved

9/13/06 EAD approved

11/6/06 received appointment notice for Dec 19th

12/19/06 Interviewed, approved, received stamp in passport

12/27/06 card production ordered

01/03/07 received green card (envelope postmarked 12/30/06)

09/20/08 Mailed I-751 to remove conditions

09/26/08 NOA date

10/16/08 Received biometrics notice

10/31/08 Biometrics

03/10/09 Transferred from VSC to CSC

05/15/09 I-751 approval noticed received in mail

12/01/09 Mailed N-400 for naturalization

12/07/09 NOA date

12/15/09 Received biometrics notice

01/04/10 Biometrics

02/17/10 Interview, approval, and oath

Filed: Other Timeline

A gentleman doesn't put his hand in anger against his lady - ever.

Rebecca,

I respectfully disagree. If a woman comes at me with a machete, you're damn right I'll hit her before I die. Doesn't matter how small she is or how cute she looks when she smiles.

Self defense is different than just purely being pissed off. I concur with your point.

Edited by rebeccajo

Filed: Timeline
As for the greencard, it seems to me like there is no way she can get it.

Even if there was, the OP's got bigger things to worry about. Like protecting his assets. Yodrak's already mentioned this, but it bears repeating. Don't let the b!tch take your sh!t too. Lawyer up.

Self defense is different than just purely being pissed off. I concur with your point.

So all the OP has to do is claim there was a Henckel knife on the table and he was afraid he'd fall on it... and suddenly him pushing his wife becomes self defense. haha.

Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.

Even if there was, the OP's got bigger things to worry about. Like protecting his assets. Yodrak's already mentioned this, but it bears repeating. Don't let the b!tch take your sh!t too. Lawyer up.

You know what? It amazes me that what probably REALLY happened here is being overlooked.

Sure. Wifey possibly had intent to immigrate and dump the Hubby. But he was the perfect patsy. If you read above he states that he has previous experience with immigration and CRIMINAL lawyers.

Methinks she found a man with a temper and a past criminal history and was willing to bet her future on the fact that if she pissed him off enough, he would take a swing at her. Thus providing her with the perfect golden egg for allowing her to possibly stay in the country. Abuse.

So all the OP has to do is claim there was a Henckel knife on the table and he was afraid he'd fall on it... and suddenly him pushing his wife becomes self defense. haha.

Are you just trying to tease me AJ? Go ahead, I'll play.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline
You know what? It amazes me that what probably REALLY happened here is being overlooked.

Sure. Wifey possibly had intent to immigrate and dump the Hubby. But he was the perfect patsy. If you read above he states that he has previous experience with immigration and CRIMINAL lawyers.

Methinks she found a man with a temper and a past criminal history and was willing to bet her future on the fact that if she pissed him off enough, he would take a swing at her. Thus providing her with the perfect golden egg for allowing her to possibly stay in the country. Abuse.

Rebecca,

According to the OP, she pushed him first, and after falling down and breaking the table, he pushed her back. That doesn't seem atypical. As for size, how is it you feel he is so much bigger than her? If she pushed him to the floor, he can't be that big! I know my wife wouldn't be able to push me down!

Lastly, I believe he is referring to the lawyer(s) he has working on THIS case. He doesn't indicate he used them in the past, or keeps a personal criminal lawyer on retainer. It is almost like you are reading more into this.

Just my 2 cents.

Robert

K-1 Timeline

11-29-05: Mailed I-129F Petition to CSC

12-06-05: NOA1

03-02-06: NOA2

03-23-06: Interview Date May 16

05-17-06: K-1 Visa Issued

05-20-06: Arrived at POE, Honolulu

07-17-06: Married

AOS Timeline

08-14-06: Mailed I-485 to Chicago

08-24-06: NOA for I-485

09-08-06: Biometrics Appointment

09-25-06: I-485 transferred to CSC

09-28-06: I-485 received at CSC

10-18-06: AOS Approved

10-21-06: Approval notice mailed

10-23-06: Received "Welcome Letter"

10-27-06: Received 2 yr Green Card

I-751 Timeline

07-21-08: Mailed I-751 to VSC

07-25-08: NOA for I-751

08-27-08: Biometrics Appointment

02-25-09: I-751 transferred to CSC

04-17-09: I-751 Approved

06-22-09: Received 10 yr Green Card

N-400 Timeline

07-20-09: Mailed N-400 to Lewisville, TX

07-23-09: NOA for N-400

08-14-09: Biometrics Appointment

09-08-09: Interview Date Oct 07

10-30-09: Oath Ceremony

11-20-09: Received Passport!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

I'm so sorry about what you've been going through. I got sad specially because it is someone from my Country that acted like that. Yes, people in Brazil do go out and stay till early morning out.... that is because our parties or clubs start at 11pm, before that there is nobody there! But I understand you're asking about the immigration issue and that I can't help, just wanted to say I'm sorry and I don't want people to have a bad impression of my Country!

Good Luck! :thumbs:

OUR JOURNEY

5/6 - I-129F Package sent to Texas Service Center

6/7 - 1st NOA received

6/27 - 2nd NOA received

8/8 - Our process was completed and forwarded to the US Embassy in Rio de Janeiro

9/14 - Received packet 3 (instruction packet)

9/23 - Sent the Packet 3 back to the US Embassy

10/3 - Got my interview date!!!

11/7 - Interview date. I wasn't approved, needed a co-sponsor

11/24 - Sent co-sponsor's I-134 to the US Consulate

11/25 - Visa Approved

12/13- Arrived in the US. POE: Atlanta

2/11- Our wedding!

AOS

04/24- I-485/EAD sent to Chicago

05/05- both NOA1

05/30- Biometrics in SC

06/01- AOS/EAD "touched"

06/03- RFE sent to me

06/09- Received RFE letter - Mailed back overnight

07/03- EAD "touched"

07/07- EAD approved/mailed

07/10- EAD card received

09/13- Interview

09/29- Rec'd Green Card

I-751

06/23 - Packet sent to VSC

06/30 - NOA

07/24 - Bio. appoint. letter recv'd

07/28 - Request for reescheduling sent

08/22 - New Bio appoint. letter recv'd

08/25 - Bio done in SC

08/26 - Touched

Robert, that's true I don't know any of the details you mention. I could be way off base.

You see, some of us who have been on the receiving end of violence, while we bear the scars of it, do have the ability to to look back over the history of our stories and try to get some smarts about it. I firmly believe there are women AND men out there who cry 'abuse' because it's a great hot button these days.

But I also believe that a temper so hot, be it male or female, that flares so out of control to unleash itself at the hand of it's poor human vessel, is a double-edged sword of destruction. When all is said and done, the power gained from any aggression is just as poisonous to the one admistering it as the one receiving it.

The scenario I rolled out is just me looking between the lines. I could be completely wrong.

If so, I apologize.

If not, well then I think it's a pretty typical example of how 'abuse' can come back to haunt the abuser.

Filed: Country: India
Timeline

After that, my wife changed completely, started going out with other girl friends hers, until on May 20 (Saturday) she stayed all night out (come back home 5:00 am). That was it for me, at that same morning I asked her to pack her stuff and live my house, and that our marriage was over and I would put a stop to the green card process. She became very upset and started to push me, pushing me against the coffee table, where I felled over and I broke the table. I got up and pushed her back telling her to stop that.

Sorry you have gone thru this.. but seriously.. I really dont think this came on suddenly. ...

Concerning your comment on sending her packing because she stayed out all night...?? WOW.. .. wheres the communication?

Sounds to me that there is more to this sutuation that you are letting out.

Actually sounds like the whole situation is more than just a few shoves here and there.. could be instigated by her but also brought on by yourself... ..

Just be glad she doesnt have teh GC yet.. good luck

Love isn't love unless it is expressed;

caring isn't caring unless the other person knows;

sharing isn't sharing unless the other person is included

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

what makes me wonder is..

is your wife (or ex wife now?) went out everynight? with her girlfirends?

I dont know.. i'm sorry to hear that you and her had a bad time together.. but for me my husband would be happy if i even have a girlfriend to go out with... may be not everynight but he wouldnt mine me go out with my girlfriends until 5am sometimes (my friend likes to go out to eat after the club close.. and i'd be falling asleep at the table :lol: ) Have you talked to her about this behavior before you tell her to pack her thing? Did she have a habit of going out like this while she was in Brazil?.. I'm sorry if this seems a bit personal.. dont have to asnwer.. just ignore me

oh.. i had a Brazilian friends before (they were int he US) and they would be out partying all night or just doing somthing after the bar close.. i couldnt keep up with them!! but they are fun :)

The problem it isn't staying all night out, but lying about who she was with. I didn't want to make a book to explain the entire situation.

you dont have to share you whole life story.. bt if she lies, she lies.. you didnt mention that that's why i was wondering why partying was such a big deal. but if she lied then it's different.

You said your case was dismiss you I guess youe (ex) wife wouldnt be able to recieve the GC. I'm sorry this happen to you. Wish you good luck in the future.

K-1 = 4 months

AOS = 5 months

I-751 = almost one year

I Love My Life With You

"A society is judged by how it treats its animals and elderly"

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Well it would seem then the proper reaction should have been anger at the wifes abuse and instigation of violence towards her husband. I suppose if the woman was 250 pounds and had a black belt then he might be forgiven for being human and letting his emotions get the best of him. We all know these stories have two sides, but if this is the truth then I hope the anullment goes through and it ends gracefully. The law on domestic abuse includes nothing about gender, weight, size or height of the perpetrator as far as I have heard. I would do everything in my power to stay away from this person in any private situation, never come near her without some type of supervision, protect yourself from all allegations until this is over. Have you applied for AOS? Submitted an I864?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Sounds to me like you probably should have kept your hands to yourself when your wife, who probably is at least 50 pounds lighter, several inches shorter and a whole lot less stronger than you, decided to push your helpless, pathetic self against the coffee table.

Sounds like she knew you were a hot-head and it wouldn't be hard to make a domestic violence charge stick.

I've been 'pushed' before. Wah. Sorry you don't get any sympathy from me.

Sounds like someone is letting their own past experiences colour their reply to this one. Perpetual Victim Syndrome, and all that. He sounds very sincere. The judge agreed with him, which rarely happens in my experience. Yet you assume that HE was the aggressor. All men are aggressors. I keep forgetting that.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR YOUR UNDERSTANDING

I-129F Sent: 09/21/05

I-129F Approved: 09/30/05

NVC received: 10/04/05

NVC Left: 10/05/05

Consulate Received: 10/13/05

Packet 3 Received: 10/26/05

Packet 3 Sent: 10/21/05 (we sent the paper to the consulate even before we got the packet #3)

Packet 4 Received: 11/9/05

Interview date: 12/14/05

We finally got the visa approved

She received the passport with the visas: 12/16/05

She will be here February 6th/06

She applied for the SS# on 2/9/06

Married on 2/22/06

Applied for Status change and Advance Parole: 05/02/06

Timeline

Are you just trying to tease me AJ? Go ahead, I'll play.

I am sorry lady, but on order to give your opinion on something, you should read BETTER the subject you are giving your opinion.

I don't have PAST CRIMINAL HISTORY; my cost with "divorce and criminal lawyers" has been for this case with my wife. I have seen you throw your "poison" on my name, other folks trying to defend my (and I appreciate that), but like I told you at the beginning, read my statement "she pushed my against the coffee table after I told her that she will lose her green card (she was angry), the table was behind me, and I fall on top of the table, THEN after I got up I PUSHED her away from me.

Thank you very much for your attention

I'm so sorry about what you've been going through. I got sad specially because it is someone from my Country that acted like that. Yes, people in Brazil do go out and stay till early morning out.... that is because our parties or clubs start at 11pm, before that there is nobody there! But I understand you're asking about the immigration issue and that I can't help, just wanted to say I'm sorry and I don't want people to have a bad impression of my Country!

Good Luck! :thumbs:

Don't worry about that, I am brazilian/american to.

And I know how the parties are IN BRAZIL, but we live in USA now. And she told me she was it her girl friends, and I know for fact that she wasn’t with her girlfriends...

Packet 3 Sent: 10/21/05 (we sent the paper to the consulate even before we got the packet #3)

Married on 2/22/06

Like I said Luiz, if I'm not getting it right here I apologize.

It's true my past experiences color my opinion. Sorry if that makes me look like I have some sort of 'syndrome'.

Nobody should be 'pushing' anybody. First of all that's not the way civilized people behave. And second of all, see where it got you?

It's better to walk off and cool down than cool down in court.

Edited by rebeccajo

Timeline
After that, my wife changed completely, started going out with other girl friends hers, until on May 20 (Saturday) she stayed all night out (come back home 5:00 am). That was it for me, at that same morning I asked her to pack her stuff and live my house, and that our marriage was over and I would put a stop to the green card process. She became very upset and started to push me, pushing me against the coffee table, where I felled over and I broke the table. I got up and pushed her back telling her to stop that.

Sorry you have gone thru this.. but seriously.. I really dont think this came on suddenly. ...

Concerning your comment on sending her packing because she stayed out all night...?? WOW.. .. wheres the communication?

Sounds to me that there is more to this sutuation that you are letting out.

Actually sounds like the whole situation is more than just a few shoves here and there.. could be instigated by her but also brought on by yourself... ..

Just be glad she doesnt have teh GC yet.. good luck

You are right, that Saturday was just the last drop. What happen is that she had a full control of me, and she just stretched her luck counting on her control over me. I complete lost at that day, but not at the violence point. That’s why I didn't want to see her face, that way I wanted her out. I know I have my fault on this screw up relationship, I was to much involved to react before on a smaller scale problem.

Married on 2/22/06

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.