VetsWife328

Co Sponsor questions

3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

OK since we don't yet know whether we can meet the Income requirment in 2006 I have some questions about a co sponsor.

A friend of ours has offered to co sponsor us if necassary.

Their household size is 4 people and their anual Income is at about 50 000$ right now.Now my man and I might come up well let's just take the number 4000$ short for the Income requirment of a household of 3.Could our friends co sponsor us with their Income? Or would it be enough if they just co sponsored me? How does this work? Not talking about assets here ,only the Income.

Can someone please explain that to me as I really can't figure it out?!

Thanks in advance!!!

Nat

PS:We DO meet the Income requirement in 2005,it's only 2006 we MAY have problems with .

Met on May 17,2005

Got engaged on Sep 15th,2006

Came to the US for good on Jan 27th,2009

and we got married on March 28th,2009

GOD , grant me the serenity

to accept the things I can not change

the courage to change the things I can

and the wisdom to know the difference!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I believe that if your co sponsors household size is 4, then they add your fiance so that becomes 5... so if they meet the income requirement for 5 people then you're good with them. Also I believe it is most important to meet the income requirement for the current year... not the previous ones. For me my co sponsor met the income requirements for 2004, 2005, but not 2003... I don't know if that helps but good luck

Sarah

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Croatia
Timeline

Co sponsor also has to meet 125% of poevrty level.You and co-sponsor should include everything that they own real estate cars etc not just income - because believe it or not that will be one of the most important things to USCIS - they need to know that you wont be a burden to society if they let you stay.

OK since we don't yet know whether we can meet the Income requirment in 2006 I have some questions about a co sponsor.

A friend of ours has offered to co sponsor us if necassary.

Their household size is 4 people and their anual Income is at about 50 000$ right now.Now my man and I might come up well let's just take the number 4000$ short for the Income requirment of a household of 3.Could our friends co sponsor us with their Income? Or would it be enough if they just co sponsored me? How does this work? Not talking about assets here ,only the Income.

Can someone please explain that to me as I really can't figure it out?!

Thanks in advance!!!

Nat

PS:We DO meet the Income requirement in 2005,it's only 2006 we MAY have problems with .

05/04/2009 - 10 year Green Card arrived!

11/4/2011 - N 400 Sent to Dallas Office

11/20/2011 - NOA Arrived

11/26/2012 - Biometrics Appointment

12/12/2011 - Interview Letter

01/12/2012 - Interview Completed

--/--/---- - Oath Letter

02/27/2012 - Oath Ceremony

" I have had dreams, and I've had nightmares. I overcame the nightmares because of my dreams"

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.