*Maureen*

Wednesday

37 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Congrats B&S!! :dance:

Honestly everyone will go thru background and security check with or without AP! I think AP is for those who might have made a hit on the security checks and so they take longer clearing that person!

lyrics.jpg

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats B&S!! :dance:

Honestly everyone will go thru background and security check with or without AP! I think AP is for those who might have made a hit on the security checks and so they take longer clearing that person!

Yes, and it's important to note that *everyone* regardless of country of origin has a background check done on them. AP/AR has been done when someone received a hit on their name. Name hits happen to non MENA as well (and thus AR/AP). It's extraordinary what has happened out of Cairo this week, however.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline

Happy Hump Day! Sliding in on the tail end of it. B)

Congrats B&S- wonderful news!

I am questioning something I came across at work today- when a company is looking to hire someone, can they legally just call in just men to interview if they are looking to get more men with the company? Something doesn't seems right about that. Resumes should be looked at blindly-without regard to race or gender. Hmm.. Thoughts? :huh:

(and this isn't a private Islamic school...) ;)

ah. the longing....

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I'm tired and going home now. My laptop has crapped out and so I have to use the computer lab computers for now till I can get it fixed. It's only a year old and I don't have a warrenty on it so I hope I can find someone reasonable to fix it. Have a good rest of the day everyone.

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Thank you all for the congrats. I am not sure whats going on either and I am sure not gettin my hopes up. I asked her straight up I said is he going to be in AP, she said No, she said some word I cant remember but meaning it was going to be made in 2 weeks then sent out. When we was sitting there waiting for the interview I heard one of the men giving the interview and he said to this egyptian guy we are puttin you in AP. So, I have no idea if our interview person was just wantin us out of the way or was confused. I do wonder if it is random, or it depends on your interview officer. I guess we will see in 2 or 3 weeks too.

Im wondering to whats going on...I heard and interview going on and I heard the counslar asking and what does your father in law do is he a cardiologist and it was going back and forth...I was thinking to myself oh great what in the world are they going to ask my hubs..When we went for our interview the lady barely acknowledged Ayman, we gave her the dhl paper and she gave us our originals back. She looked at the computer then asked me, when are you going back? I said as soon we get the visa. The only thing she stressed on was is this both your first marriage..We both said yes and the last at the same exact time! she laughed!! She said hang on while the computer processes...I said take your time...Then she asked me if I gotten Emma's passport..I said yes and showed it to her..She said oh I was just making sure so you dont get to the airport and be sent back..Then she looked at the computer and said well it looks like my colleague covered everything we needed and your good to go and you will get your visa in two weeks..Im wondering if my presence made a difference..I was training Ayman on every question probable and the he is still making fun out of me for bring photo albums and pictures in their frames!!

I did almost freak at the begining when the lady couldn't find our file..I was so freaked!! I also asked about AP and she said no he is cleared for his visa..

Betsy Im sorry you have to go through it...I dont get it myself..

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.