mRx

Is Healthcare a Right?

51 members have voted

1. 1. Should Healthcare be a Right?

• Yes, the Constitution clearly empowers the US Government to provide for the General Welfare of the American people.
    • No, healthcare requires someone's labor to be produced, and you cannot have a right to other's labor; that's slavery.
    • I don't care, either way.
    • Other.

34 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Please Note: Promote the General Welfare

Not ENSURE the General Welfare

K-1 Visa

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Manila, Philippines

I-129F Sent : 2009-08-14

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-08-18

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-10-23

NVC Received : 2009-10-27

NVC Left : 2009-11-06

Consulate Received : 2009-11-12

Packet 3 Received : 2009-11-27

Interview Date : 2009-12-16

Interview Result : APPROVED

Second Interview

(If Required):

Second Interview Result:

Visa Received :

US Entry :

Marriage :

Comments :

Processing

Estimates/Stats : Your I-129f was approved in 66 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 120 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

I'm not arguing that health care is an implicit constitutional right, but I believe it is logical to conclude it as a basic human right which the spirit of the constitution upholds. We don't allow people to just die on streets if they need medical attention...although there are countries that do.

Filed: Timeline

So instead of guaranteeing health access, they should flood the market with doctors and nurses and bring prices down. That would 'promote' but not 'ensure'.

Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.

The question becomes, which one of the express powers does this further? Remember, the Preamble is a statement of purpose, not the body of the Document, and therefore, not statute.

Yet the Preamble is used as the reason why the Feds can tax its citizens for military expenditures. There just needs to be consistency in logic - if the Preamble defines the need for a national defense (which I believe it does), then it also defines the need for the Feds to promote the General Welfare.

The Constitution expressly gives the Congress the power to raise armies.

So instead of guaranteeing health access, they should flood the market with doctors and nurses and bring prices down. That would 'promote' but not 'ensure'.

I woder what would happen if they just outlaw health insurance. Perhaps apply the "table stakes" rule to healhcare providers. You can get what's in the patients pockets, nothing more. How would that drive down healthcare costs? It worked through the 19th century, and a good chunk of the 20th. Can't say the current system is improving healthcare, if we have the same life expectancy here as Belize and Costa Rica. The actuaries think that life expectancy will actually decline as baby boomers get ready to retire. Our parents are certainly much healthier than their boomer children.

Filed: Other Timeline

Some people just can't reason that out, AJ.

If you're going to quote it, quote the entire thing (so none of the 'juicy' parts are left out).

We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

If you're going to quote it, quote the entire thing (so none of the 'juicy' parts are left out).

We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

Oo darn you're right.. You got me. I seem to have left out the part where we become communist.

K-1 Visa

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Manila, Philippines

I-129F Sent : 2009-08-14

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-08-18

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-10-23

NVC Received : 2009-10-27

NVC Left : 2009-11-06

Consulate Received : 2009-11-12

Packet 3 Received : 2009-11-27

Interview Date : 2009-12-16

Interview Result : APPROVED

Second Interview

(If Required):

Second Interview Result:

Visa Received :

US Entry :

Marriage :

Comments :

Processing

Estimates/Stats : Your I-129f was approved in 66 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 120 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

Oo darn you're right.. You got me. I seem to have left out the part where we become communist.

Hey, don't blame the Communists for what the Illinois corruption machine can't seem to get right. :angry:

Am sorry you feel that way about your country buddy...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Evidence of surgery has been found on Neanderthal remains before. What do you think he paid with, a shell necklace? If primitive tribal peoples and even the neanderthals took care of their own then why can't we?

maybe the neanderthal traded sex for surgery?

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
I woder what would happen if they just outlaw health insurance. Perhaps apply the "table stakes" rule to healhcare providers. You can get what's in the patients pockets, nothing more. How would that drive down healthcare costs? It worked through the 19th century, and a good chunk of the 20th. Can't say the current system is improving healthcare, if we have the same life expectancy here as Belize and Costa Rica. The actuaries think that life expectancy will actually decline as baby boomers get ready to retire. Our parents are certainly much healthier than their boomer children.

Frankly, i think our healthcare system would be better off if it were run by the Mob. At least then you could get the price upfront, negotiate if you had to, and then pay in cash...

love0038.gif

For Immigration Timeline, click here.

big wheel keep on turnin * proud mary keep on burnin * and we're rollin * rollin

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Evidence of surgery has been found on Neanderthal remains before. What do you think he paid with, a shell necklace? If primitive tribal peoples and even the neanderthals took care of their own then why can't we?

You don't want to know how he paid for it.

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Frankly, i think our healthcare system would be better off if it were run by the Mob. At least then you could get the price upfront, negotiate if you had to, and then pay in cash...

And free burial services if you can't pay...

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg