Vriley87

New to site a hope stuff works out for me

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I am new to the site and I live in NY my fiance lives in Jamaica I have heard stories that it will take longer for him to get up on a fiance visa because of the country he lives in. Let me tell you a little about our relationship we met in July 2007 he was my house mate when i was working in Easthampton for the summer we instantly connected. He was up on a work visa his 2nd year. He left to go back to Jamaica so he could be with his son. And because of the economy the government is not approving alot of work visas so we are trying for the fiance visa. the 2 year period has passed because i was having financail issues so i couldnt afford the trip out there. just looking for anyone who is going through the process in Jamaica or has gone through the process recently in Jamaica for some advice and comforting words

welcome to VJ and wish u good luck , u will find people soon. abby n sheryl

Our time line for CR1 visa took only 5 months and 1 week or 156 days; from the filing the I-130 on the 03-12-2009 to Approval of NOA2 on the 05/13/2009, then Interview on the 08/18/2009 at Manila, Philippines. We had a daughter on the 11-12-2010 named AISHA JOY means HAPPY LIFE.a1_opt-1.jpga2_opt-1.jpga3_opt-1.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

in my humble, amateur opinion, you will get through more quickly on the K1 (fiance visa) as opposed to other family visa options (CR1/IR1)

the most important thing is to be able to prove the authenticity of your relationship

there are ALOT of ppl who applied for the fiance visa for their jamaican fiances and got through just fine

you can get alot more help in the yardie thread: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=211526

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=213148

I864 delivered November 2nd.....nvc logged it on November 5th

DS230 delivered November 6th.....nvc logged it on November 12th

Welcome to US Letter May 19th

Card production ordered May 25th

739444001253587733-final.gif

upherebl.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Syria
Timeline

hi, and welcome, and good luck.

you can try searching for jamaican members and messaging them for advice/help:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...sort_order=desc

Timeline:

Sent in I-130 form: 01/29/09

Interview Date: 11/08/09 (APPROVED!)

Visa in Hand: 11/12/09

POE: 01/30/10 (!!!!) at JFK Airport in NYC... can't wait!

Got the green card maybe 8 weeks after 01/30/10...

TBC....

======================================================================

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Welcome Aboard!

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Welcome to Vj :star:

3561055465_7e32541543_m.jpg3561659436_e8b5cc66fc_m.jpg

"Our Wedding Prayer"

Lord,help us to remember when we first met,and the strong love that grew between us.

To work the love into practical things so nothing can divide us

Grant us a Love that grows stronger with each passing year.

We ask for words both kind and loving

and for hearts always ready to ask forgiveness as well as to forgive.

Guide us to overcome every challenge

and keep our dreams pure to each other always.

Dear Lord,we put our marriage into Your hands.Amen

If your heart acquires strength, you will be able to remove blemishes from others without thinking evil of them.

:star::star: Welcome to VJ and good luck! :thumbs::thumbs:

threemonths09.jpg?t=1272087150Princess-Threemonthsold007-2.jpg?t=1271837591threemonths01-1.jpg?t=1272086957

Our Princess have her first tooth at five months of age.

fEdIm5.png?J2iWLNZY

I-130 (IR-5) Petitions for my Mom and Dad

*06-08-2010---Petition will send on this date???

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Best of luck to the both of you. Lots of great information can be found in the Guides :D

01/09/09 - Sent I-129F

Visa Approved!

23/07/10 - Arrived in the U.S.

28/08/10 - Got Married

20/10/10 - Sent AOS

04/11/10 - InfoPass Appointment to request an Expedited AP

05/11/10 - Expedited AP Approved! RFE requested for AOS

01/02/11 - RFE sent

01/01/11 - RFE Received

01/12/11 - Biometrics taken

01/28/11 - EAD Approved

02/02/11 - AOS moved to CSC

03/07/11 - Greencard Approved!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I am new to the site and I live in NY my fiance lives in Jamaica I have heard stories that it will take longer for him to get up on a fiance visa because of the country he lives in. Let me tell you a little about our relationship we met in July 2007 he was my house mate when i was working in Easthampton for the summer we instantly connected. He was up on a work visa his 2nd year. He left to go back to Jamaica so he could be with his son. And because of the economy the government is not approving alot of work visas so we are trying for the fiance visa. the 2 year period has passed because i was having financail issues so i couldnt afford the trip out there. just looking for anyone who is going through the process in Jamaica or has gone through the process recently in Jamaica for some advice and comforting words

Welcome to VJ. There are always options. K1 visa as you mentioned are for fiances. It might take any where from 6 - 11 months for that process... depends on how quick you respond to them (USCIS or Embassy)

JNR