Filipina filed for divorce

232 posts in this topic

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
LOL. No, I assure you I do not know you and you do not know me. I am just someone that had to endure nearly one year of administrative review because persons like you deliberately and conveniently misrepresent facts about your past. USEM consular officers are suspicious of being lied to by every Filipina because it happens on a regular basis. The fact that you did not report your marriage to the NSO does not mean it never occurred or was never official. It just means that you were negligent in not doing so and the fact that you continuously mentioned your CENOMAR would still show your status as single just illustrates your intentional misrepresentation of the facts for your own personal benefit. IMO, it's no different than forging a CENOMAR document. One of the requirements of the K-1 visa is that both parties must both be free to marry. I think you know that you would not have met that qualification if you had reported your first marriage to the NSO, and that's why you were so worried about it.

Furthermore, there's just enough suspicion about the timing between your two relationships to make one wonder if you hadn't already met husband #2 before you were married to husband #1 - and it most certainly appears you were still married to husband #1 when you met #2, who, apparently was still married as well?? Wow, what a sacred vow marriage must be to you.

While I know everyone makes mistakes, I believe you should have taken much more time to get to know your first husband before you rushed into marriage. If you hadn't been in such a hurry to come to the US, you could have saved yourself from making this mistake.

I will give you the benefit of the doubt in believing that your intentions were genuine and your efforts sincere. However, I will not pretend to believe that you made wise decisions by trying to conceal the truth or deliberately deceive. As someone else suggested earlier, it certainly seems like you enjoy the drama and the attention and your friend sounds as equally charming....

I'll just leave it at that.

To Pinaywife - I did not need to waste my time reading every little detail to understand what was happening.

I understand what youre trying to say.. I mean, wholeheartedly understand ...

I met my exhusband 2005, and he visited 8 times..then flew to the US feb. 2007

I honestly didnt know about this "reporting of marriage" , i thought its automatic.. i was ignorant then..

Got married May 2007.. left the US Aug. 2007..

I dont understand where u think i concealed the truth in my situation..

Believe me., I appreciated the "Genuine" concern from my friends here.. But never ever ever liked what happened to me.. i will never even wish for it to happen to you.. even though you judged me like as if you know me..

If you personally know me., I believe,. You will cry with me when i was down., and you will rejoice with me becoz Im happy now and relieved, stress-free....

If you personally know me., You will never judge me..

I am sorry though about your AR situation.. It happens for a reason. One day,. when the right time will come, YOu will realize and tell yourself,. "thats why things didnt happen when i wanted it to happen, becoz God has another plan for me."...

God Bless

And why am I any less entitled to post my opinion of the OP than she is about the 1st husband? There are two sides to every story and I'd love to hear the other side of this one.

Pm me for my exhusband's phone number .. i am sure he will tell you the truth... *wink*

Edited by nydvo

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
And why am I any less entitled to post my opinion of the OP than she is about the 1st husband? There are two sides to every story and I'd love to hear the other side of this one.

if he's a member of vj, then that's a valid issue. as far as i know, he's not. yet posting negative opinions about the op isn't going to earn you any points with me.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Believe me., I appreciated the "Genuine" concern from my friends here.. But never ever ever liked what happened to me.. i will never even wish for it to happen to you.. even though you judged me like as if you know me..

If you personally know me., I believe,. You will cry with me when i was down., and you will rejoice with me becoz Im happy now and relieved, stress-free....

If you personally know me., You will never judge me..

I can't explain why but something in your story just hit a nerve with me. I'm all better now and appreciate your response...it did, in fact, get a chuckle from me. Regardless, if your story was 100% sincere, you're correct I do not know you...all I have to understand you by is what I've read in this thread. But, I dare say, that's more insight to a person's character than most consular officers have during the interview process. My point is that this is not all that uncommon of a scenario and many times K-1 visa recipients (not just Filipinas) have ulterior motives for coming to the US. It's that dirty side of this process that no one here wants to discuss or even think about. But, as a result, the majority end up suffering due to the actions of a relatively few.

As you know, it is very difficult for Filipinos to obtain travel visas to the US (not enough money, too much money, unsteady job and the list goes on). Why is it so difficult? Because thousands of Filipinos (again citizens of other countries are just as guilty) come to the US on travel visas and never go home...choosing, instead, to ignore the laws and live in the US illegally. For this reason, my 3-year old daughter is unable to be visited by her Filipina grandmother, aunts, uncles and cousins. We are only able to return to the Philippines about once a year. So, again, we must suffer the consequences of those who believe the laws do not apply to them.

I am sorry though about your AR situation.. It happens for a reason. One day,. when the right time will come, YOu will realize and tell yourself,. "thats why things didnt happen when i wanted it to happen, becoz God has another plan for me."...

God Bless

Pm me for my exhusband's phone number .. i am sure he will tell you the truth... *wink*

Thank you and, on second thought, maybe it's better if I just hear your side :P ....not that I'm not interested, just that I'm not THAT interested, nor do I have the time...unless of course you could persuade him to defend his reputation by posting his version here. :whistle:

Anyway, I'll apologize if I misjudged you. As I said before, everyone makes mistakes. However, I also know that many deliberately cheat the system because they feel worthy of special consideration. I'll just accept your word that you're not one of them. :)

if he's a member of vj, then that's a valid issue. as far as i know, he's not. yet posting negative opinions about the op isn't going to earn you any points with me.

Other than noticing that you're a moderator, I know nothing about you. And, no offense, but I'm certainly not concerned with "earning any points with you". :blink: Nothing personal...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Other than noticing that you're a moderator, I know nothing about you. And, no offense, but I'm certainly not concerned with "earning any points with you". :blink: Nothing personal...

then you'll agree not to continue making it personal with the op. thanks. :thumbs:

if it continues, then further sanctions will be taken.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Well, I don't have time to read all 14 pages of this thread but I read enough to come to my own conclusion about the OP. She is of highly questionable moral character and has no problem justifying deception to benefit her own cause. It is persons like her that have made the immigration process for Filipinos as difficult as it is today. I'll leave with this parting reminder - Karma is a b*tch.

like duh...Whatever, forever.

January 16, 2008 - sent I-129F (Vermont)

January 21, 2008 - NOA1

March 16, 2008 - NOA2

August 7&9,2008 - Medical K1&K2

August 21, 2008 - Paid document verification fee (P1,300)

August 27, 2008 - Interview

September 08,2008 - Document Verification request sent to NSO

Spetember 19,2008 - Document Verification done -sent back to US Embassy Manila

November 03, 2008 - Case under review

November 26, 2008 - VISA printed

November 28, 2008 - VISA in transit

December 02, 2008- VISA IN HAND

January 12, 2009 - Arrived USA, POE Los Angeles

January 21, 2009 - Got married

January 22, 2009 - Applied for SSN

AOS

February 10, 2009 - Went to Dr. Janet Pettyjohn for form I-693

February 11, 2009 - Sent our AOS packet to Chicago

February 12, 2009 - Packet received signed for by L BOX

February 22, 2009 - Received NOA1 for AOS, EAD & AP

March 17, 2009 - Biometrics Appointment

March 21, 2009 - SSN card arrived in the mail

April 6, 2009 - took driver's license exam and passed! (written and road test)

April 10, 2009 - Repeat Biometrics Appointment

April 14,2009 - Received AP documents in the mail

April 16, 2009 - Received EAD in the mail

SEptember 4, 2009 - GREENCARD received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.