ellabee

traveling to uk when i (usc) is pettioner

13 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

hey all,

quick backstory...i went to the uk 4 years ago to visit and was denied entry because i did not show "significant enough ties to the us" (no apartment/lease, school, job, very little money, an almost 6 month gap between arrival and departure and i was visiting an exbf but then bf). ANYWAYS, its been, like i said 4 years and my fiance and i just got our NOA2 (hardcopy arrived today) and his mum for my 30th birthday bought me a ticket to fly out to visit for 7 days at the end of august. i have a lease, job to return to, bank account, cat, car note and everything in my name but im worried that my past issue will come back to haunt me. i am the one who filed the petition for the K1 and he will be coming here to the US to get married once we get the visa. I just havent seen him in 9 months and i miss him terribly. anyone else have experience with this...should i bring a copy of my lease, my letters from work that show my orientation date (august 31) and retreat dates (sept 1, 2, 3)... stuff like that? please help!

Met "online" and chatted over the years-2002-2008

Began talking alot alot alot-March 2008

Began officially dating-May 9,2008

First Face to Face-September 20, 2008

Engaged-November 22, 2008

FH left back home :(-December, 13, 2008

Sent I-129f March 3, 3009 (had to wait for paperwork to arrive ugh!!)

NOA 1-March 9, 2009

Received Hard Copy of NOA 1-March 11, 2009

Touched (per website)-March 12, 2009

NOA2-August 6, 2009!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

You should be OK, but do bring some proof. A letter from your employer is always a good thing.

=================

K1 Section

=================

Sent I-129F - 03/25/2009

Visa in Hand -11/23/2009

US Entry - 11/26/2009

Wedding - 12/26/2009

=================

AOS Section

=================

AOS, EAD, AP Forms Sent - 01/06/2010

Biometrics - 02/11/2010

EAD/AP Approved - 02/23/2010

--------------------------------

Ceremonial Wedding - 06/17/2010

Timeline
You should be OK, but do bring some proof. A letter from your employer is always a good thing.

I have the letters with the dates on letterhead in a packet that they sent....would that suffice? i also JUST renewed my lease so I have my signed lease renewal as well.

NOA 1-March 9, 2009

NOA2-August 6, 2009!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I'd bring it all. With that amount of evidence youll be fine!

=================

K1 Section

=================

Sent I-129F - 03/25/2009

Visa in Hand -11/23/2009

US Entry - 11/26/2009

Wedding - 12/26/2009

=================

AOS Section

=================

AOS, EAD, AP Forms Sent - 01/06/2010

Biometrics - 02/11/2010

EAD/AP Approved - 02/23/2010

--------------------------------

Ceremonial Wedding - 06/17/2010

I have the letters with the dates on letterhead in a packet that they sent....would that suffice? i also JUST renewed my lease so I have my signed lease renewal as well.

You might ask an organizer to move this to the UK forum.

Some people have had trouble getting in when they were visiting their fiance. The requirements are similar to the US, and you have a good start on the list of things you want to bring with you.

Make sure you have your return ticket and itinerary printed out, this, combined with a much shorter trip and letter from your employer mentioning dates when you are expected back should take you a long way. Likewise, bring your NOA2 (probably only a copy...in case of loss) so you can show that you are actually going through the process of him moving HERE. They also seem to be a bit more worried about cash and support while you're there, so maybe also be prepared to show that you aren't coming here completely empty handed.

Also, you may want to make sure that you are not disqualified for use on the VWP due to your previous denial. Do some reading, check your passport for any codes, and google those. Otherwise you may need to get a tourist visa. I'm not sure how the UK treat it, but if they think you don't have ties and deny you entry (but NOT because of misrepresentation) it doesn't necessarily adversely impact your future entries to the US. I'll bet a lot of others are simply assuming that this is the case going the other way, but you'll want to check just to be sure.

K-1:

January 28, 2009: NOA1

June 4, 2009: Interview - APPROVED!!!

October 11, 2009: Wedding

AOS:

December 23, 2009: NOA1!

January 22, 2010: Bogus RFE corrected through congressional inquiry "EAD waiting on biometrics only" Read about it here.

March 15, 2010: AOS interview - RFE for I-693 vaccination supplement - CS signed part 6!

March 27, 2010: Green Card recieved

ROC:

March 1, 2012: Mailed ROC package

March 7, 2012: Tracking says "notice left"...after a phone call to post office.

More detailed time line in profile.

Timeline

Some people have had trouble getting in when they were visiting their fiance. The requirements are similar to the US, and you have a good start on the list of things you want to bring with you.

Make sure you have your return ticket and itinerary printed out, this, combined with a much shorter trip and letter from your employer mentioning dates when you are expected back should take you a long way. Likewise, bring your NOA2 (probably only a copy...in case of loss) so you can show that you are actually going through the process of him moving HERE. They also seem to be a bit more worried about cash and support while you're there, so maybe also be prepared to show that you aren't coming here completely empty handed.

Also, you may want to make sure that you are not disqualified for use on the VWP due to your previous denial. Do some reading, check your passport for any codes, and google those. Otherwise you may need to get a tourist visa. I'm not sure how the UK treat it, but if they think you don't have ties and deny you entry (but NOT because of misrepresentation) it doesn't necessarily adversely impact your future entries to the US. I'll bet a lot of others are simply assuming that this is the case going the other way, but you'll want to check just to be sure.

i was told back then by the customs officer that if i could get all the necessary "proof" that i could return the next day if i wanted to. i dont know why i would be denied on the VWP since i was not really denied a visa just refused entry, which i should have clarified.

NOA 1-March 9, 2009

NOA2-August 6, 2009!!!

Filed: Other Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

Also carry a copy of the K1 including the notices. When I went I began by saying "visiting friends" and the officer probed further and I told him the full truth about my fiancee' and our K1 etc. I wasn't questioned any further and was allowed to pass but still its good to keep the paperwork on you.

Timeline
Also carry a copy of the K1 including the notices. When I went I began by saying "visiting friends" and the officer probed further and I told him the full truth about my fiancee' and our K1 etc. I wasn't questioned any further and was allowed to pass but still its good to keep the paperwork on you.

this whole thing is making me feel kind of pukey and nervous...i hate worrying about stuff like this when i should be mega excited. im gonna bring as much evidence as i can...letters from work, bank statements, lease info...should i also get a letter from his mom saying shes gonna let me stay there?

NOA 1-March 9, 2009

NOA2-August 6, 2009!!!

i was told back then by the customs officer that if i could get all the necessary "proof" that i could return the next day if i wanted to. i dont know why i would be denied on the VWP since i was not really denied a visa just refused entry, which i should have clarified.

Oh, well then you should be OK then! Like I said, I wasn't familiar, but it sounds like you already knew those details. :)

I don't think you should worry too much. Be as prepared as you can be, be honest, and you'll probably get in! Hope things go well.

K-1:

AOS:

January 22, 2010: Bogus RFE corrected through congressional inquiry "EAD waiting on biometrics only" Read about it here.

March 15, 2010: AOS interview - RFE for I-693 vaccination supplement - CS signed part 6!

ROC:

Timeline

lol im feeling a hot nervous wreck right now :unsure::help::bonk::crying: :crying:

NOA 1-March 9, 2009

NOA2-August 6, 2009!!!

Timeline

*sigh* tickets are booked...here is what im going to bring with me to Birghmingham:

-copy of my updated lease which started aug 1, 2009

-letters from my job with the mandatory dates that i must attend

-return ticket itenerary

-noa1 and noa2 copies

-dr's appointment card for sept 4, 2009 (my medication will also run out by this time so the dates are on the vials as well)

is this enough evidence? i mean, i was denied leave of entry over 4 years ago and the POE officer in Heathrow told me that if I brought all of the evidence needed (of signifigant ties to the US), I could return the very next day. Again, like I said prior, I didn't have significant ties to the US and it did look really sketchy. This time, I have money, a lease, a job to return to, appointments to get back for, bills, bank account etc AND we are filing to bring my fiance here not the other way around. I'm also 30 years old now and not 25, broke, just dropped out of school, jobless and living at home with a return ticket for 6 months after I arrived (which was the deal last time and which led me to getting denied leave of entry), so i should be ok right? Does anyone else have any experience with this, specifically at Birghmingham? Let me know please, IM PANICKED! :angry:

NOA 1-March 9, 2009

NOA2-August 6, 2009!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Representing the Welsh!

A fond hello! :dance::thumbs:

Timeline:

08/11/09 - UPS Delivered AOS package to Lockbox
08/17/09 - Checks cashed
08/17/09 - NOA1 for I-485, I-130, I-765, I-131 (received 08/21/09)
08/26/09 - Notice of Biometrics appt (received 08/29/09)
09/01/09 - Walk in biometrics done....erk
09/01/09 - Touch
09/22/09 - EAD Card Production ordered
09/25/09 - AP Approval notice sent
10/01/09 - Received AP document
10/05/09 - Received EAD card....nice
10/20/09 - Interview scheduled - Approved....Card production ordered.

10/2011 - Removal of Conditions approved - 10 year Greencard Produced

04/2013 - Return to UK with USC Wife / Abandoned GC

01/26/14 - Submit I-130 petition to London (DCF)

02/04/14 - NOA1

03/06/14 - NOA2

03/10/14 - Packet 3 (Case # issued)

03/19/14 - Medical

03/25/14 - Packet 4 (Interview date scheduled)

04/23/14 - Interview @ Embassy : Approved

*sigh* tickets are booked...here is what im going to bring with me to Birghmingham:

-copy of my updated lease which started aug 1, 2009

-letters from my job with the mandatory dates that i must attend

-return ticket itenerary

-noa1 and noa2 copies

-dr's appointment card for sept 4, 2009 (my medication will also run out by this time so the dates are on the vials as well)

is this enough evidence? i mean, i was denied leave of entry over 4 years ago and the POE officer in Heathrow told me that if I brought all of the evidence needed (of signifigant ties to the US), I could return the very next day. Again, like I said prior, I didn't have significant ties to the US and it did look really sketchy. This time, I have money, a lease, a job to return to, appointments to get back for, bills, bank account etc AND we are filing to bring my fiance here not the other way around. I'm also 30 years old now and not 25, broke, just dropped out of school, jobless and living at home with a return ticket for 6 months after I arrived (which was the deal last time and which led me to getting denied leave of entry), so i should be ok right? Does anyone else have any experience with this, specifically at Birghmingham? Let me know please, IM PANICKED! :angry:

You sound so well prepared!!! According to Murphy's Law, now they won't ask you any questions at all, just wave you on through!

Don't stress, enjoy your trip!!

K-1:

AOS:

ROC:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.