Mike and Thanh

going to Vietnam on Tuesday

25 posts in this topic

Hi guys, I will be going to Vietnam on Tuesday, August 11th. I will be going for a month. I think I need the month away because I know when we come back, we will be very busy. We will have to get married, which in itself is a headache with all the stuff that is needed to be done, then of course we will have to start on the AOS and all that good stuff. I'm sure there are other things we have to do as well. I just hope and pray that we will both be safe and healthy(H1N1 safe)the whole time there and on the way back.

How soon should I start on the AOS after we get back? We should be married first right? So get a marriage certificate first and/or wedding ceremony, etc first? Then do AOS? Sorry I know this be asked before, but just want you guys input.

Lastly, I would like to say for those who got blue. Keep your heads up, you will get pink sooner rather than later. You all will have my prays and well wishes.

Timeline

Get married right away and then start the AOS and then right away go apply for the social security card. We had a quick civil ceremony to get that over with and then I let the babe and her entourage go and plan and do the big wedding.

Hi guys, I will be going to Vietnam on Tuesday, August 11th. I will be going for a month. I think I need the month away because I know when we come back, we will be very busy. We will have to get married, which in itself is a headache with all the stuff that is needed to be done, then of course we will have to start on the AOS and all that good stuff. I'm sure there are other things we have to do as well. I just hope and pray that we will both be safe and healthy(H1N1 safe)the whole time there and on the way back.

How soon should I start on the AOS after we get back? We should be married first right? So get a marriage certificate first and/or wedding ceremony, etc first? Then do AOS? Sorry I know this be asked before, but just want you guys input.

Lastly, I would like to say for those who got blue. Keep your heads up, you will get pink sooner rather than later. You all will have my prays and well wishes.

Best wishes on your trip & visa. Boy am I overdue for a trip to Thailand! Mid-October is the earliest I can make it.

02/2003 - Met

08/24/09 I-129F; 09/02 NOA1; 10/14 NOA2; 11/24 interview; 11/30 K-1 VISA (92 d); 12/29 POE 12/31/09 Marriage

03/29/-04/06/10 - AOS sent/rcd; 04/13 NOA1; AOS 2 NBC

04/14 $1010 cashed; 04/19 NOA1

04/28 Biom.

06/16 EAD/AP

06/24 Infops; AP mail

06/28 EAD mail; travel 2 BKK; return 07/17

07/20/10 interview, 4d. b4 I-129F anniv. APPROVAL!*

08/02/10 GC

08/09/10 SSN

2012-05-16 Lifting Cond. - I-751 sent

2012-06-27 Biom,

2013-01-10 7 Mo, 2 Wks. & 5 days - 10 Yr. PR Card (no interview)

*2013-04-22 Apply for citizenship (if she desires at that time) 90 days prior to 3yr anniversary of P. Residence

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Start getting everything together now for the AOS... Know everything you will need in the later stages before you leave VN this time...

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Enjoy your time in VN while you there. Eat look of fruits, and Trai Cay for me. hahahah

I-130 Journey

USCIS

06-15-2008 : Marriage

08-16-2008 : I-130 Sent

08-18-2008 : I-130 Received

08-22-2008 : I-130 NOA1

02-02-2009 : I-130 NOA2 Approved 164 days from NOA1

NVC

02-04-2009 : Visited my wife for 2 weeks. 02-22-2009 come back to US

02-11-2009 : Received package from NVC

02-23-2009 : AOS Paid $70 (Online)

02-23-2009 : DS-3032 sent (by email)

02-25-2009 : Payment Received from my bank (AOS)

03-04-2009 : NVC has received the Choice of Agent DS-3032 (Online)

03-04-2009 : IV Application Processing Fees $400 (Online)

03-05-2009 : Payment Received from my bank (IV APS)

03-07-2009 : DS-230, and I-864 Sent (by USPS)

03-12-2009 : USPS confirm arrived at NVC for DS-230, & I-864

03-13-2009 : NVC received DS-230, & I-864 (Case in progress)

03-20-2009 : NVC case completed in 1 week NVC completed 03-20-2009.

04-02-2009 : NVC Left to HCM city

04-22-2009 : Medical Passed

05-12-2009 : Received a package IV from HCM Consulate by email

05-18-2009 : My wife got Pink.. yeah..

05-26-2009 : Visa received

06-18-2009 : US Entry!!! Yeah, my wife finally here.

06-29-2009 : Received SSN from snail mail

07-20-2009 : Green card received by mail

09-15-2009 : Writting test from DVM.

11-03-2009 : Driving Test.

01-20-2010 : Working.

04-20-2011 : Submit I751

04-26-2011 : Received I-797 NOA with Receipt Number

05-11-2011 : Received ASC Appointment Notice

06-03-2011 : Biometrics Apts @ 11:00 AM

10-11-2011 : Submit more evidence.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

File for your marrige license when you return. The last thing that you want to do is to wait until the last minute. Safe travels and enjoy your time together.

4432.gif

4977653_bodyshot_300x400.gif4980295_bodyshot_300x400.gif

Do I need to bring any documents over there? Such as any documents pertaining to the petition or whatever? I don't I need to bring anything on my part. Only thing needed are her K1 visa and medical documents right?

Timeline
Do I need to bring any documents over there? Such as any documents pertaining to the petition or whatever? I don't I need to bring anything on my part. Only thing needed are her K1 visa and medical documents right?

be sure you bring back certified copy of birth cert....

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Her birth certificate? Certified? How? Does it need to be translated? I remembered when I first file the petition, the lawyer helped me translated it to English. Now sure if that's consider certified or not.

Timeline

Her birth certificate? Certified? How? Does it need to be translated? I remembered when I first file the petition, the lawyer helped me translated it to English. Now sure if that's consider certified or not.

should be fine as long as the birth cert is orig or cert copy...

Ok, thanks Scott.

Btw, should I bring a mask on my trip? My fiancee said I should not only bring it but wear it at the airport and on the plane. Is that necessary? I thought you wear only if are one of the sick? The people over in Vietnam aren't too clear about this H1N1 thing. They think wearing a mask mean you are safe and not eating pork. I told my fiancee the most important thing is being clean. Make sure you wash you hands often for example. Or should I just wear a mask anyway?

Timeline
Ok, thanks Scott.

Btw, should I bring a mask on my trip? My fiancee said I should not only bring it but wear it at the airport and on the plane. Is that necessary? I thought you wear only if are one of the sick? The people over in Vietnam aren't too clear about this H1N1 thing. They think wearing a mask mean you are safe and not eating pork. I told my fiancee the most important thing is being clean. Make sure you wash you hands often for example. Or should I just wear a mask anyway?

They distributed them in Thuys office last week and she told me of reports on TV of issues in HCMC.. if you dont mind wearing it and have one.. why not? Everyone wears them driving anyways...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Certified means requested from the local government. It's translated "Ban Sao" and very helpful if you go ahead and get it translated after you get it, or while if you can. I'm not sure why you would need it, but it's always better to be prepared than delayed. :oP

I would also recommend you having her get a copy of her ID, household information book, church records, and any medical records and have them translated (for future use after she comes to the states)...you never know when/where you might need them...

CR1/IR1 Timeline:

GENERAL INFO

[*]12-xx-2007 - 1st Trip (6wks) & Met him halfway around the world

[*]03-xx-2008 - Got engaged - two people on opposite sides of the world

[*]05-xx-2008 - 2nd Trip (2wks) - Engagement/Marriage/Consummation

[*]06-12-2008 - Filed I-130 (CR-1) with Vermont Service Center

[*]12-xx-2008 - 3rd Trip (4wks)

[*]06-05-2009 - Interview at 9:00am at HCMC Consulate (result: blue)

[*]07-08-2009 - Submitted RFE: Beneficiary's Relatives & Evidence of Relationship

[*]08-xx-2009 - 4th Trip (4wks)

[*]10-07-2009 - AP 91 days - Result: APPROVED!!

[*]10-31-2009 - POE: Detroit, MI

[*]11-18-2009 - Social Security Card

[*]11-20-2009 - Green Card

[*]01-21-2010 - Driver's License

THE NEXT STEPS...

[*]02/07/2011 - Renew Vietnam Passport

[*]07/30/2011 - Process of Removing Conditions Begins

[*]09/25/2011 - Date of I-751

[*]09/28/2011 - NOA1

[*]10/19/2011 - Biometrics

I'm about to head to the airport. Hopefully, my fiancee and I can stay safe and healthy while in Vietnam and on the way back to the U.S. And go through the POE without much problem and hassle. It would be great if I somehow can I bump into a VJ member who is in Vietnam during my trip. I will mostly stay around the HCM area.

Good luck to everyone else through this whole process. Hopefully when I come back, I can hear some good news from those who are having problems right now. I will go to the temple on my trip and I will say a few prays for my fellow VJers. Pink Pink Pink!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
I'm about to head to the airport. Hopefully, my fiancee and I can stay safe and healthy while in Vietnam and on the way back to the U.S. And go through the POE without much problem and hassle. It would be great if I somehow can I bump into a VJ member who is in Vietnam during my trip. I will mostly stay around the HCM area.

Good luck to everyone else through this whole process. Hopefully when I come back, I can hear some good news from those who are having problems right now. I will go to the temple on my trip and I will say a few prays for my fellow VJers. Pink Pink Pink!

I'll land in HCM next Tuesday, maybe we can have a VJ party!! :star:

CR1/IR1 Timeline:

GENERAL INFO

[*]12-xx-2007 - 1st Trip (6wks) & Met him halfway around the world

[*]03-xx-2008 - Got engaged - two people on opposite sides of the world

[*]05-xx-2008 - 2nd Trip (2wks) - Engagement/Marriage/Consummation

[*]06-12-2008 - Filed I-130 (CR-1) with Vermont Service Center

[*]12-xx-2008 - 3rd Trip (4wks)

[*]06-05-2009 - Interview at 9:00am at HCMC Consulate (result: blue)

[*]07-08-2009 - Submitted RFE: Beneficiary's Relatives & Evidence of Relationship

[*]08-xx-2009 - 4th Trip (4wks)

[*]10-07-2009 - AP 91 days - Result: APPROVED!!

[*]10-31-2009 - POE: Detroit, MI

[*]11-18-2009 - Social Security Card

[*]11-20-2009 - Green Card

[*]01-21-2010 - Driver's License

THE NEXT STEPS...

[*]02/07/2011 - Renew Vietnam Passport

[*]07/30/2011 - Process of Removing Conditions Begins

[*]09/25/2011 - Date of I-751

[*]09/28/2011 - NOA1

[*]10/19/2011 - Biometrics

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.