macb1980

what does this mean?

15 posts in this topic

I had my interview on the 7/7/09 and approved. I havent received my Oath letter yet. but to day i received this email. Do i have to worry about this?

Application Type: N400, APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION

Current Status: This case has been sent for a standard interview.

Your case has been transferred to a local office and an interview will be scheduled. As part of our standard processing you will be sent a notice when the interview is scheduled, or if the office needs something from you. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address. We process each kind of case in the order we receive them. You can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done. Follow the link below for current processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. To receive e-mail updates, follow the link below to register.

You can choose to receive automatic case status updates, which will be sent via email. Please click here to create an account online.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

What is the date on this letter? Could it have been sent earlier and got lost and only made its way to you now? If it is recent it does look like they got their letters mixed up and instead of sending you the oath ceremony letter sent you an interview letter. Why not call the 1-800 number and see what you can find out from a representative. Tell them you have already had your interview but just got a letter saying you were going to have an interview and what is going on? Good luck.

Looking at it again, I wonder if it is just that whoever was in charge of sending out the transfer letters was much slower than your local office which sent out the interview letter long before the original office got around to telling you your file had been transferred for an interview. I don't believe you have anything to worry about but I would still call, if it were me.

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Poland
Timeline
I had my interview on the 7/7/09 and approved. I havent received my Oath letter yet. but to day i received this email. Do i have to worry about this?

Application Type: N400, APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION

Your case has been transferred to a local office and an interview will be scheduled. As part of our standard processing you will be sent a notice when the interview is scheduled, or if the office needs something from you. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address. We process each kind of case in the order we receive them. You can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done. Follow the link below for current processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. To receive e-mail updates, follow the link below to register.

You can choose to receive automatic case status updates, which will be sent via email. Please click here to create an account online.

Do not worry until you get any real letter from them!

Tini27 last time got after the inteview a request for evidence email, but never a letter

They probably sent the wrong message

Timeline

definitely weird. Again, I think it is part of the left hand not being as caught up on their work as the right hand is. They are probably working on the 'better late than never' supposition for an email you should have received months ago. Give them a call Monday - I don't think it is anything to worry about though.

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

We received the same email at 10:45am this morning. Hopefully it is just a mistake. Anybody else get this email? Could it be that they sent out the oath letter. Do they usually update case status when the oath letter is sent out?

Any additional info would be appreciated.

San Bernadino Local Office

N400 interview passed 6/12/09. Rep said interview passed and requested approval. Hopefully all is ok. Anybody else have to go for a 2nd interview after passing the N400 interview?

Application Type: N400 , APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION

K-1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Islamabad, Pakistan

I-129F Sent : 2005-07-29

I-129F NOA1 : 2005-08-02

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 : 2005-10-27

NVC Received : 2005-11-02

NVC Left :

Consulate Received :

Packet 3 Received :

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date :

Visa Received :

US Entry :

Marriage :

Comments :

Timeline

my online status hasn't been updated since we filed even though I've done biometrics and have my interview scheduled. hehehe, if I receive a 'transfer' letter too I will let you know. It seems like there was a flurry of these emails sent out today all to people who have already received their interview and been approved. I highly doubt you are all being called back for a second interview and really think it is just another USCIS error.

my online status hasn't been updated since we filed even though I've done biometrics and have my interview scheduled. hehehe, if I receive a 'transfer' letter too I will let you know. It seems like there was a flurry of these emails sent out today all to people who have already received their interview and been approved. I highly doubt you are all being called back for a second interview and really think it is just another USCIS error.

Hopefully, because my wife and I are a bit worried :wacko:

K-1 Visa

Event Date

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

NVC Left :

Consulate Received :

Packet 3 Received :

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date :

Visa Received :

US Entry :

Marriage :

Comments :

Timeline

I can appreciate you're feeling worried. Something out of the ordinary and unexpected like this can certainly be worrisome. Again, you can try calling the 1-800 information line on Monday and tell the person when you get to the operator that you have received a notification of an upcoming interview but have already had the interview and don't know what is going on. Ask to speak to an actual immigration officer who can look at your file and hopefully reassure you that everything is fine.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

I recieved the same exact letter today but I wasn't too worried coz I think it was just a system error as everybody else are recieving the same thing. I just had my interview 2 days ago and the IO said it's all fine and said just wait for the oath letter..Good luck!

Edited by ssalburo

-Petition for Both Parents-

Aug. 26, 2009- Sent package...

Aug. 28, 2009- Packet recieved

Sept. 02,2009- Notice Date

Sept. 03,2009- Checks cashed

Sept. 17, 2009- Got approval letters

Sept. 30, 2009- NVC recieved and assigned case number

Oct. 02, 2009 - DS-3032 and AOS Bill sent

Oct. 06,2009 - Recieved DS-3032 and AOS bill (email)

Oct. 07,2009- AOS Bill Paid and sent DS-3032 (email)

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oct. 08,2009 -Parents wants to visit Aunt in Australia...delaying process.

Oct. 19, 2009-Parents decided to cancel Visit and come here in the US

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Oct. 19,2009- AOS package sent

Oct. 21, 2009-NVC recieved AOS package per USPS, sent DS-3032 (hardcopy) by mail(USPS)

Oct. 26,2009-NVC recieved AOS package per AVR

Oct. 27,2009-IV Bill generated

Oct. 28,2009-Paid IV Bill online

Oct. 29,2009-check cashed & status change to "PAID", DS-3032 accepted

Nov. 02,2009-Sent DS-230 package

Nov. 04,2009- AVR status says I'm missing docs (DS-230)

Nov. 04,2009-NVC recieved DS-230 package

Nov. 09,2009-AVR status: "NVC recieved checklist response on 11-09-2009

Nov. 19,2009- CASE COMPLETED(10 days!!!)

Jan. 05,2010 - INTERVIEW

Jan. 20,2010 - US Entry!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

You received it as an e-mail because you went to on-line status and signed up to be notified of any changes in your status, if you didn't sign up, only way to see that message is to log into their on-line status.

This on-line status for us has been crazy for the last five years, I do not feel we are the exception, that and processing dates were always crazy. If you talk to one person at the USCIS, the on-line status is the law, talk to another which makes far more sense, it is a bad joke, ignore it. Ombudsman treats it like it's the law, a totally worthless organization in my opinion. Suggest you ignore in and camp out at your mailbox.

You received it as an e-mail because you went to on-line status and signed up to be notified of any changes in your status, if you didn't sign up, only way to see that message is to log into their on-line status.

This on-line status for us has been crazy for the last five years, I do not feel we are the exception, that and processing dates were always crazy. If you talk to one person at the USCIS, the on-line status is the law, talk to another which makes far more sense, it is a bad joke, ignore it. Ombudsman treats it like it's the law, a totally worthless organization in my opinion. Suggest you ignore in and camp out at your mailbox.

Thanks for all your support. We feel better now. :thumbs:

K-1 Visa

Event Date

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

NVC Left :

Consulate Received :

Packet 3 Received :

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date :

Visa Received :

US Entry :

Marriage :

Comments :

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Timeline

Hello:

I received the same message after I had my interview one month ago.

After my interview the IO told me that I paased and he gave me the N652 form saying congratulations! You case is recommended for apporval. The IO told me to wait for my oath ceremony letter by mail but I was surprised when I was checking my case status online I found the same message as you;

Your case has been sent for a standard interview....

I can see that other people received the same message online, too.

I am worried.

If somebody received an oath letter by mail after this message, please respond and after how many days did you received it?.

Thank you.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.