47 posts in this topic

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Good morning! Happy Friday to all. Will be a cooler 103 today! :lol: Beats 109!!

Mornin' Maureen!!

Can't believe some of the kids started back to school yesterday. Don't think their summer

was very long.

Have a good day and take care!

200552682v4_225x225_Front.jpg

TGIF MENA!!

Sooooooooo....I have to wake up at 5:00 am everyday and drive an hour to work. At about 4:00 am there is this loud banging on the door which wakes me from dead sleep and scares the ####### out of me. I start shaking my husband (obviously didn't even budge to the sound). I said, "someone is knocking on the door." He said, "Who could it be?" I was like..really? I asked him to get up and check, but don't open the door. He comes back and said there was some man drunkenly walking down the road (at the end of our driveway). So we get back in the bed and about 5 minutes later...more banging and then the guy rings the doorbell like 5 times! Scared me to death (someone broke into a house down the street not too long ago, tied the people up...etc). So he gets up again and doesn't see anyone anywhere...sooooooooo strange. Of course I was wide awake then and couldn't go back to sleep. :( I made my husband go and check around the car and outside before I left for work.

At least it's Friday. Ooooooooh & my husband got an e-mail last night for an interview next week!!! Please pray for him!! :thumbs:

TGIF MENA!!

Sooooooooo....I have to wake up at 5:00 am everyday and drive an hour to work. At about 4:00 am there is this loud banging on the door which wakes me from dead sleep and scares the ####### out of me. I start shaking my husband (obviously didn't even budge to the sound). I said, "someone is knocking on the door." He said, "Who could it be?" I was like..really? I asked him to get up and check, but don't open the door. He comes back and said there was some man drunkenly walking down the road (at the end of our driveway). So we get back in the bed and about 5 minutes later...more banging and then the guy rings the doorbell like 5 times! Scared me to death (someone broke into a house down the street not too long ago, tied the people up...etc). So he gets up again and doesn't see anyone anywhere...sooooooooo strange. Of course I was wide awake then and couldn't go back to sleep. :( I made my husband go and check around the car and outside before I left for work.

At least it's Friday. Ooooooooh & my husband got an e-mail last night for an interview next week!!! Please pray for him!! :thumbs:

that reminded me of the movie The Strangers ( i think that was the name of it)

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Filed: Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hello MENA and happy Friday!! :dance:

It's illegal to try to sell your in-laws for cash right? I mean... isn't there some clause somewhere that states that it's okay to sell someone if they're related to you by marriage only? :lol::wacko:

My cousin sent me an email that had this at the end: (sorry, it's a little saucy!)

One saggy ####### said to the other saggy #######:

"If we don't get some support soon, people will think we're

nuts."

Took me a minute to figure that one out. lol

Hope everyone enjoys their day. :star:

Living with hubby in Egypt, at last.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
TGIF MENA!!

Congrats on the interview but OMG Amanda!!! :blink::blink::blink: I would call the police and just tell them what happened so that they can patrol the area a little more in the next couple of days. I'd be petrified!!! The only time I have had to wake up my husband to answer a door so far ended up being a pair of Jehova's Witnesses and ever since they keep coming back asking for him and leavin leaflets in our mailbox. Apparently he made quite the impression. I hope this guy doesn't come around your house again.

I need coffee so bad I can barely focus on the screen. Happy Friday! :dance::dance::dance::dance:

Melly I don't know if you saw my question a few days ago but are you plannin to go back for a visit? It does help to look forward to little trips when things like mil's get on our nerves!

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

Filed: Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hey Bridget!

We have talked about going back but I want hubby to come and so we gotta figure out the visa thing and also save up enough money. He wants to go for like 3 weeks, which is great but... renting a car and hotels at some points, etc. Not cheap.

And since we're spending so much money getting into our apartment right now I guess it will be a while.

I could spend the money to go back myself, but since I'm not working and bringing in money, I'm not that eager to spend what little I have saved.

Insha'Allah I will get back before a year has passed from my having moved here (March 19th!).

Also, it's not my MIL. It is a female though. :whistle::lol:

Living with hubby in Egypt, at last.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Amanda, get a protection dog.

Good Morning, earlybirds! Gosh, I need coffee!

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Amanda, get a protection dog.

Good Morning, earlybirds! Gosh, I need coffee!

HAPPY FRIDAY!!!!!!! Nagi, I have a extra Starbucks coffee here with your name on it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TGIF MENA!!

Get a big ,ugly, druling dog!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have 3, a night stick on side of bed, plus a gulf club. Be Safe!!!!

Truly happy!!!

New life, new adventures, and a new attitude.

Thanks Staashi...I appreciate it.

Yes, Beth...I guess I need a dog. I don't know...I think it was just a random thing though. We live right beside a church (it was the parsonage and now they are renting it) and when I moved in, the preacher told me that sometimes people will stop at the house to ask for money...etc since its right beside the church. Thankfully they went away. I have a black belt in karate and never had to use it, so hopefully I won't have too!!! But trust me, my finger was on the 9 to dial 911!!!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Paris....thanks for the extra fuel. It's needed cos I just cannot seem to motivate this morning.

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

good morning all.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.