8 posts in this topic

wondering how,when and where i can get a california state ID.i only file my aos and just received my noa1 yesterday i wonder if i can be able to get it already?thanks

AOS Timeline

07.25.09 sent AOS,EAD,AP

07.27.09 received aos by j chyba

07.30.09 NOAs for AOS,EAD,AP

08.07.09 biometrics done

I got my state ID at our local dmv 2 weeks after I arrived here in US.

It only took 30 minutes and I received my state ID.

I just brought with me my passport with the I-94 and original BC.

Hope that helps.

N-400 Application for Naturalization

September 21, 2012 - N-400 packet sent
September 24, 2012 - Check cashed
September 26, 2012 - NOA 1 received
October 01, 2012 - Biometrics letter received
October 26, 2012 - Biometrics appt @ 11am
March 1, 2013 - Oathtaking. US citizen finally!!!

"You come to love not by finding the perfect person, but by seeing an imperfect person perfectly."

wgto58qj1o5xq.png

hello,

you will need to go to the Department of Motor Vehicle (DMV) to obtain a state ID, they should have the office in your area where you live or you can google it for the nearest location to you.

All you need is your Passport, your I-94 and also bring the NOA that you got from USCIS, and you will need to fill out a form once you get to the DMV, they will help you there, just ask so you dont make anymistake ok.

Oh one question, do you only need an ID or Driver License? if its only an ID then you wont need to take the written and road test, but if its a driver license then you will need to go thru them both, and after you passed the tests, they will issue the temporary ID for you until you bring your approval Green card notice to show them that you are approved then they will give you the permanent one.

Hope this information helps, good luck, everythings gonna be fine:)

Oct 2005 - met my baby

Dec 2006 - he proposed

Feb 2007 - K-1 filed

Dec 2007 - K-1 Visa Interview (denied), the reason: i was overstayed my previous visit in 2000-2003 (my bad)

Feb 2008 - I-601 Waiver filed

Sept 2008 - Waiver approved (K-1 Visa issued)

Jan 2009 - the Wedding Blessing & Reception (Bali, Indonesia)

Feb 2009 - Arrived in the US followed by the Civil Wedding & Reception (again:)

March 2009 - AOS filed

April 2009 - Biometric

May 2009 - EAD card in hand

Aug 27th 2009 - AOS Interview (approved, yaay)

Sept 2009- Green Card arrived in the mail...yippeeeew...(i want to sing of Your Love forever)

June 2011 - ROC filed

July 2011 - Biometric

Dec 2011 - ROC approved (Best Christmas ever, i must've been a really good girl this year :)

The wait would be unbearable but it'll be worth it. It strengthens the love, it attaches you even more to each other, it shows how your man would do whatever it takes to be with you, that he will never give up on you because he LOVES you!! All the waits, stresses, tears, heartaches, all the miserable feelings you feel along the way will be paid off once you get what you've been hoping for...oh and WITHOUT PRAYERS? will be like trying to start a fire with water, JUST WON'T WORK!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline

My fiance and I went to the DMV in california yesterday, they WILL NOT ISSUE him a drivers license or permit that is beyond his I94 expiration date.

Does that mean we have to go back after we receive our NOA # 1 from our AOS package ?

Because he did take the written test yesterday and passed, received his driving permit~ but it expires in October.

....AOS- NOA # 1 Receipt is sufficient to get him a 2 year drivers license?

Please advise ~ i'm confused ~

Timeline:

2/18/2009: Mailed I-129F Form

2/20/2009: NOA 1 Receipt Date

3/20/2009: NOA 2 Notice Approval Date

05/28/2009: Interview APPROVED

7/22/2009 --POE (LAX)-- We are together forever <3

AOS Journey Begins Here ^------^

7/28/2009 -- Applied for SSN & Registered for Marriage License

8/3/2009 -- Civil Ceremony

8/5/2009 -- Received Marriage Certificate via Express Mail. Pass DMV Written Exam & Received Permit

08/11/2009-- Mailed AOS to Chicago, IL

08/17/2009 -- Check clears $1010 USCIS

8/20/2009- Touched ^---^

8/21/2009-- NOA 1 for I-485 and I-765 Hard Copy

08/29/2009-- Received Biometrics Appointment Letter in the mail, dated 08/26

09/03/2009 -- Early Walk In Biometrics Appt (Original Date 09/23)

09/04/2009 -- Touched ^---^

09/29/2009 -- EAD Card Production

10/07/2009 -- EAD Card Received

10/16/2009 AOS I-485 Interview in Los Angeles(APPROVED)

10/28/2009 -- GC in HAND <3

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
My fiance and I went to the DMV in california yesterday, they WILL NOT ISSUE him a drivers license or permit that is beyond his I94 expiration date.

Does that mean we have to go back after we receive our NOA # 1 from our AOS package ?

Because he did take the written test yesterday and passed, received his driving permit~ but it expires in October.

....AOS- NOA # 1 Receipt is sufficient to get him a 2 year drivers license?

Please advise ~ i'm confused ~

Yep you will have to go back, and renew it once you recieve a work authorization card. And then every year you will have to renew it, until you get your Green card. Your NOA #1 Will not allow you to renew it. You need proof that you are allowed to be in the country, and a NOA is not going to give you that proof. You will either need, a work authorizaiton card, or a Green card to get a liscense or state id. DMV will not just accept a NOA as proof.

AOS Process

May 29th 2008- AOS/EAD/I-130 Sent to Chicaogo Lock Box sent via Overnight Delivery

June 6th - Both checks cashed!!

June 25th - Biometrics appointment

Sept. 19th - Card Production Ordered! (113 days since filing)

Sept. 25th - EAD Received!!!

Dec. 5th 2008 - Received appointment letter

Feb. 4th 2009 - AOS Interview (Interviewer says going to recommend for approval)

May 15th- called and talked to an officer to submit a service request

June 10th- Made an infopass appointment,

June 15th- Info pass appointment, told me they could do nothing until the officer made their decision!

June 27 - Filed for I-131 as well as renewal of my work authorization.

July 23rd- Received I-131

Dec 22, 2009 - Biometrics appointment yet again.

January 21, 2010 Second interview

January 22nd - I-485 Touched

January 27th - Received a Request for additonal evidence.

May 27 I-485 Approved

June 13th 2010 - Green card received!

Filed: Other Timeline

They do not issue CA state ID if your I-94 is about to expired. Usually, they want to see your I-485 Approval Notice or actual Greencard and others like EAD.

Edited by S*J

Life is not a granting factory, according to my colleague.

WOW so easy in some states INDIANA makes us jump through tons of hoops:

INDIANA BUREAU OF MOTOR VEHICLES DOCUMENT LIST

PRIMARY DOCUMENTS

Must present one document

Primary Identity Group (Legal Status IC 9-24-9-2.5) – Acceptable United States documents:

• US Birth Certificate with authenticating stamp or seal containing the applicant’s date of birth, place of birth, and parent’s names issued by:

• A county department or county board of health from the applicant’s state of birth,

• A state department or state board of health from the applicant’s state of birth, or

• A verified delayed birth certificate. (The BMV will not accept souvenir hospital birth certificates.)

• Certificate of Naturalization/Citizenship

• Certification of report of birth (DS-1350)

• U.S. consular report of birth (FS-240)

• Birth certificate issued by United States territories, including American Samoa, Guam, Puerto Rico, and Virgin Islands

• U.S. Military/Merchant Marines identification card with photo

• U.S. Passport or U.S. Passport Card

Primary Identity Group (Legal Status IC 9-24-9-2.5) – Acceptable immigration documents:

• Valid foreign passport with photo with a visa that includes a valid form I-94 indicating the authorized duration of stay in the United States.

• Valid foreign passport with a current visa that states ‘Upon Endorsement Serves as Temporary I-551 evidencing Permanent Residence for 1-year”

• Canadian passports are not required to have a visa or a form I-94.

• Applicants from the Federated States of Micronesia, Palau & the Republic of the Marshall Islands are not required to present a visa but must submit a form I-94.

• Passports with I-94 indicating F-1/F-2 status must provide a valid form I-20 (“Certificate of Eligibility”). For these applicants, the form I-20 serves as a secondary document.

• Passports with I-94 indicating J-1/J-2 status must be submitted with a valid form DS-2019 (“Certificate of Eligibility”). For these

applicants, the form DS-2019 serves as a secondary document.

• Authorization for parole of an alien into the United States (form I-512)

• Employment authorization card (I-688B)

• Employment authorization card (I-766)

• Form I-94 stamped with “Section 207” refugee status

• Form I-94 Stamped with “Section 208” asylum status

• Permanent resident card (I-551)

• Temporary I-551 stamp/with passport or I-94 with alien number

• Temporary Resident card (I-688)

• Travel document (I-131)

• An I-797 “Notice of Action” including an applicant’s “Approval Notice” may be used to extend the validity of an original primary document.

SECONDARY DOCUMENTS

Any document from the list of Primary Documents may be used as a Secondary Document.

• Certified academic transcripts from schools in the United States and its territories

• School report card dated within 12 months of application

• School identification card with photo or yearbook photo within three years of application

• An identification card with photo issued by a foreign consulate

• An identification card with photo issued by the federal government

• An Indiana identification card

• A driver’s license, identification card, or permit with photo issued by another state

• Original driving record from another state

• Valid form I-20 with a valid form I-94 and a F-1/F-2 status in passport

• Valid form DS-2019 with a valid form I-94 and a J-1/J-2 status in passport

• Indiana county pre-sentence investigation report with clerk stamp or seal

• Indiana gun permit

• Indiana probation identification with photo, name and date of birth

• Letter from probation officer, caseworker, or social worker on official letterhead, certified with stamp or seal with the applicant’s name and signature of the probation officer, caseworker, or social worker

• Prison release documentation

• U.S. district court pre-sentence investigation report with stamp or seal

• Valid banking card or MasterCard, Visa, American Express, or Discover card issued in the name of the applicant with his or her signature

• Bank statement issued within 60 days of application

• Form W-2 (federal or state) or Form 1099 with applicant’s name and address

• Computer generated pay check stub with applicant’s name and address

• Valid employee identification card with photo

• Valid Indiana professional license

• Valid insurance card

• Medicare or Medicaid Card

• U.S. military discharge or DD214 separation papers

• U.S. Uniformed services card

• Divorce decree certified by court of law with stamp or seal.

• Application of Marriage or Record of Marriage that is certified with stamp or seal

NOTE: Minors applying for an Indiana license/permit/ID card may present acceptable Social Security documentation as a Secondary Identity document.

PROOF OF INDIANA RESIDENCY

All NEW issuances and Changes of Address

Any document from the list of Primary Documents or Secondary Documents may be used as proof of Indiana residency along with the following documents, as long as the document contains the applicant’s name and residential address. For the purpose of this policy, a Post Office Box is NOT an acceptable residential address.

• Child support check stub from Indiana Family and Social Services Administration with name and address of the applicant

• Bill or benefit statement within 60 days of issuance

• Indiana driver’s license, identification card or permit with photo

• Indiana surveyor report

• Indiana residency affidavit (if applicable)

• Voter registration card

• Valid Indiana vehicle or watercraft title or registration

SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER DOCUMENTS

Must present one document for all NEW issuances

Verification of Social Security Number is required by Indiana law for all license and permit transactions.

• Social Security card (laminated Social Security cards are acceptable)

• Social Security card bearing the legend “Valid for Work Only With DHS Authorization”

• Social Security card bearing the legend “Not Valid for Employment”

• Numident report – stamped and issued in the applicant’s name by the Social Security Administration

• Letter verifying the applicant’s Social Security Number issued in the applicant’s name, signed and stamped by the Social Security Administration

• Verification letter from the Social Security Administration of the applicant’s ineligibility to be issued a Social Security number along with identity and lawful status

We have to give one document from each group. Its insane.

Edited by thepizzadude

Mailed n-400 : 4-3-14

USCIS Received : 4-4-14

NOA1 Sent : 4-8-14

Biometrics Appt Letter Sent : 4-14-14

Biometrics Appt : 5-5-14

usaflag.gifphilippinesflag.gif

Poverty Guidelines : http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-864p.pdf
VisaJourney Guides : http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...amp;page=guides
K1 Flowchart : http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...amp;page=k1flow
K1/K3 AOS Guide : http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...mp;page=k1k3aos
ROC Guide : http://www.visajourney.com/content/751guide

DSC04023-1.jpg0906091800.jpg93dc3e19-1345-4995-9126-121c2d709290.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.