ThomLin

Denial Notice Sent (K1)

99 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkmenistan
Timeline
Love will always prevail. Tho I don't have any idea what could be the possible reason of your denial til the letter will arrive. Just keep your faith burnin' . . Surely God will lead you through all this. God bless you.

xoxo

Agreed 100%. Keep the faith alive. It will all work out in the end. We're all here for you. It'll be ok :thumbs:

Cheers and Hugs!

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hi everybody! I just received yesterday the denial for the NOA2, we still don't know why was the reason, we have to wait to get the letter explaining the reasons, but someone knows why could be the denial? because I don't get it, we both are singles, never married, next 14th august we get 2 years of know each other, we have pictures, timestamps in his passport, videos, phone calls, emails...

why the heck they denied our NOA2? or K1? I'm just so sad, and confused I don't know what to do because I'm not there.

I have been thinking seriously cross the border....

It sucks that u love someone and u can't be with your loved one....

Can someone help me? do we have hire a lawyer? have someone got a denial? and what you did? what were your options?

Thanks for take time to read and answer...

Best regards!

ThomLin :blink:

Hi Thom and Linda!

I am so sorry about the denial....I know it's really frustrating and sad as we have been denied as well. Our petition for K1 visa was denied because we failed to established evidence that the two of us have met within 2years. We were given option to appeal so we have decided to do so and resubmitted new evidence and other additional documents. Unfortunately, we are still awaiting for the decision up to now running in 6months of waiting. I suggest you may need to wait for the reason of the denial and think of better option....I wish you all the luck and hope for the best!!!

01/05/10 - Visa on Hand

01/16/10 - POE Seattle Tacoma airport, WA

02/03/10 - Received SSN

03/09/10 - 2nd year Anniversary

04/12/10 - AOS, EAD, AP Application Submitted

04/14/10 - USCIS received package(AOS application)

04/22/10 - got email notification receipt number

04/24/10 - Received hard copy I-797 notice of action (AOS, EAD, AP)

04/30/10 - Biometrics notice thru mail

05/11/10 - Biometrics Appointment

Hi everybody! I just received yesterday the denial for the NOA2, we still don't know why was the reason, we have to wait to get the letter explaining the reasons, but someone knows why could be the denial? because I don't get it, we both are singles, never married, next 14th august we get 2 years of know each other, we have pictures, timestamps in his passport, videos, phone calls, emails...

why the heck they denied our NOA2? or K1? I'm just so sad, and confused I don't know what to do because I'm not there.

I have been thinking seriously cross the border....

It sucks that u love someone and u can't be with your loved one....

Can someone help me? do we have hire a lawyer? have someone got a denial? and what you did? what were your options?

Thanks for take time to read and answer...

Best regards!

ThomLin :blink:

Hi Thom and Linda!

I am so sorry about the denial....I know it's really frustrating and sad as we have been denied as well. Our petition for K1 visa was denied because we failed to established evidence that the two of us have met within 2years. We were given option to appeal so we have decided to do so and resubmitted new evidence and other additional documents. Unfortunately, we are still awaiting for the decision up to now running in 6months of waiting. I suggest you may need to wait for the reason of the denial and think of better option....I wish you all the luck and hope for the best!!!

I'm really sorry guys...yes this sucks!, I think we going to have the same issues, so is good to know about your experience, I hope we can be in touch to see what happen with us (you guys and us)..

So sorry to hear you were denied too, I wish you too this fix so fast for you 2 and God light your way to make you be together...

Good night and stay in touch my friends... I will....

Linda :star:

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello, im new here and i want to share u something.

We were denied for the reason that we failed to submit the required documents (proof that we met in person, forms we need to sign, and other stuff) We only sent the form I129F and the payment..i know, that was our biggest mistake. Before we dont know what to do and how to file the K1 petition. We didnt consult a lawyer nor made further research on the internet. We should have done that before filing. As you can see on my timeline below, we got our denial letter last july..we were sooo sad. My fiance told me not to give up. We love each other so much and we'll do anything to be together..no matter how hard the wait will be. The letter states that we have the option to appeal the decision. This time we decided to talk to an immigration lawyer and ask for advice only (we didnt hire them). The lawyer told us to refile the petition instead of doing the appeal. He said if we do the appeal, more than likely we'll get denied, coz we're the one who made the mistake...mistake of not following instruction. So a week after, we refiled. We made it right this time. On our 2nd application we put everything that is needed (photos of us together, form g325a from me and my fiance, letter of intent to marry, passport size photos, passport stamps, etc). Now we'll just see what will happen next. If everything goes well then good, if not, then we'll go on our next plan..which is to marry outside USA and pursue spousal visa...which i know will take years..correct me if im wrong.

As to answer your question, i dont know whats the exact reason why your petition got denied. There are 2 option you can choose, or maybe 3. First is to file an appeal (the process is complicated but u can try..but its much expensive than refiling). Second is file again (thats what we did and now we have NOA1 stating the process will take up to 5 months..we'll see). Third, is marry in your country and file for spousal visa petition and wait for years to get the visa. You don't need to hire a lawyer. VJ people can help you..for free :) . They can give you helpful advice.

It really sucks to be apart with someone you truly love. I know the feeling. And the wait is very frustrating. Just be strong..the journey is long and not easy

"Walk by faith, not by sight.

AOS, EAD, & AP

03-05-2010 : Vaccination completed

03-08-2010 : Received form I-693 from civil surgeon

03-08-2010 : Mailed AOS, EAD, & AP Application

03-11-2010 : Chicago Lockbox received application

03-18-2010 : NOA for AOS, EAD, & AP

03-22-2010 : Received NOA

03-29-2010 : Received biometrics appointment

04-05-2010 : Biometrics

04-15-2010 : Received another biometrics appointment

04-29-2010 : Biometrics redone

05-18-2010 : EAD card production ordered

05-18-2010 : AP approved

05-20-2010 : Received AOS interview notice

05-22-2010 : AP received

06-01-2010 : EAD card received

06-18-2010 : Interview...approved

06-21-2010 : Approval notice received

07-09-2010 : Greencard received

We were denied for the reason that we failed to submit the required documents (proof that we met in person, forms we need to sign, and other stuff) We only sent the form I129F and the payment..i know, that was our biggest mistake. Before we dont know what to do and how to file the K1 petition. We didnt consult a lawyer nor made further research on the internet. We should have done that before filing. As you can see on my timeline below, we got our denial letter last july..we were sooo sad. My fiance told me not to give up. We love each other so much and we'll do anything to be together..no matter how hard the wait will be. The letter states that we have the option to appeal the decision. This time we decided to talk to an immigration lawyer and ask for advice only (we didnt hire them). The lawyer told us to refile the petition instead of doing the appeal. He said if we do the appeal, more than likely we'll get denied, coz we're the one who made the mistake...mistake of not following instruction. So a week after, we refiled. We made it right this time. On our 2nd application we put everything that is needed (photos of us together, form g325a from me and my fiance, letter of intent to marry, passport size photos, passport stamps, etc). Now we'll just see what will happen next. If everything goes well then good, if not, then we'll go on our next plan..which is to marry outside USA and pursue spousal visa...which i know will take years..correct me if im wrong.

As to answer your question, i dont know whats the exact reason why your petition got denied. There are 2 option you can choose, or maybe 3. First is to file an appeal (the process is complicated but u can try..but its much expensive than refiling). Second is file again (thats what we did and now we have NOA1 stating the process will take up to 5 months..we'll see). Third, is marry in your country and file for spousal visa petition and wait for years to get the visa. You don't need to hire a lawyer. VJ people can help you..for free :) . They can give you helpful advice.

It really sucks to be apart with someone you truly love. I know the feeling. And the wait is very frustrating. Just be strong..the journey is long and not easy

I'm really thankful for you to take the time to read, write and share with us your experience, is really helpful because like I told to Mayalar I think we three made the same mistake but now that I'm reading your experience, man, that's what happen to us...

Is good to know that we can refiling...

I hope for you guys the best, I'll be praying for all we got denials to get out off this frustration and get ours Visas...

God bless you and I'll be crossing my fingers to you get soon your NOA2...

Stay in touch friend!

Linda :star:

Remember these 3 gifts in your relationship.

1.love each other no matter what: put your relationship above any challenges that come your way.

2.Understand and appreciate each other: Honor your differences, feed each other’s heart.

3.Cultivate gratitude: Express your appreciation and gratitude for your beloved daily.

Always live and love with passion!!!

Edited by ThomLin

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Romania
Timeline

For Thom and Linda.....the phrase "give up" should never form part on yours and ours dictionary. Love is the most powerful force in the universe and nothing can stand against it.

This journey is difficult on everybody. I know my angel and me will never give up in our quest to be together and share our lives forever and I sure know that neither do you.

Keep the faith.....support each other....and you will make it. :yes:

PEACE.......................

When you love someone from the bottom of your heart; so much that you are willing to give your life for your loved one, time and distance takes a backseat. Only love prevails. And with love in you hearts you can overcome anything.

January 21, 2010 - Submitted AOS

January 25, 2010 - Cory received her SSN

March 9, 2010 - Received appointment for biometrics - will be on March 18

March 18, 2010 - Biometrics done

March 19, 2010 - Touches on I-485 and I-765

March 25, 2010 - Advance Parole approved..received on April 1 in the mail

March 29, 2010 - I-485 notice date, received on April 4, 2010

May 3, 2010 - EAD approved

May 5, 2010 - Date interview....approved

event.png

For Thom and Linda.....the phrase "give up" should never form part on yours and ours dictionary. Love is the most powerful force in the universe and nothing can stand against it.

This journey is difficult on everybody. I know my angel and me will never give up in our quest to be together and share our lives forever and I sure know that neither do you.

Keep the faith.....support each other....and you will make it. :yes:

PEACE.......................

Thanks!

of course We will never give up...

No matter what, We are focus in be together and We will get it!!!

God bless you Victor&Cory! and thanks to take the time to give us your support.. :thumbs:

Edited by ThomLin

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Indeed, from what I read from other people here it's much faster to re-file rather than the appeal. We should have thought about the best option before we filed the appeal. Unfortunately with the appeal aside from it's expensive than re-filing the petition, there's no timeline or assurance of approval. But still we are hoping for a positive outcome, my fiance received notice that our appeal is at CSC right now still pending and will be notified once decision is granted. Like awalktoremember said they were unaware of instructions and proper documents with the initial package that they have sent which pretty much same with us. Hopefully upon resubmitting additional evidence we will hear good news soon. It's good to hear that we are able to discuss our mistakes so that others will have an update.... :thumbs: Best of Luck for the 3 of us!!!!

God Bless us!

Edited by MayaLar

01/05/10 - Visa on Hand

01/16/10 - POE Seattle Tacoma airport, WA

02/03/10 - Received SSN

03/09/10 - 2nd year Anniversary

04/12/10 - AOS, EAD, AP Application Submitted

04/14/10 - USCIS received package(AOS application)

04/22/10 - got email notification receipt number

04/24/10 - Received hard copy I-797 notice of action (AOS, EAD, AP)

04/30/10 - Biometrics notice thru mail

05/11/10 - Biometrics Appointment

Indeed, from what I read from other people here it's much faster to re-file rather than the appeal. We should have thought about the best option before we filed the appeal. Unfortunately with the appeal aside from it's expensive than re-filing the petition, there's no timeline or assurance of approval. But still we are hoping for a positive outcome, my fiance received notice that our appeal is at CSC right now still pending and will be notified once decision is granted. Like awalktoremember said they were unaware of instructions and proper documents with the initial package that they have sent which pretty much same with us. Hopefully upon resubmitting additional evidence we will hear good news soon. It's good to hear that we are able to discuss our mistakes so that others will have an update.... :thumbs: Best of Luck for the 3 of us!!!!

God Bless us!

We can do it Mayalar!!! and I trust that if the only issue with the 3 of us were the proves that's not a big trouble and now we know we can re-filing or get married and then make papers to get the K3...

So good about we can talk about our mistakes because is the only way to learn...

~ The only good luck many great men ever had was being born with the ability and determination to overcome bad luck. ~

We are great people!...... We will do it, what on earth move us more than love? what besides love can bring a warrior to his knees?...

Have a great day and we will be in touch to see how are doing our cases...

See you soon friend.

ThomLin ;)

u have one option that get marry and file for CR1

sorry about ur denial and good luck

abby n sheryl

abbynsheryl the OP got denied from the USCIS it means they found something from the petitioner's background its advisable to know whats the reason why they got denied cause if they dont and follow your advise to get married and file for CR1 they will still get deny by the USCIS

03.14.2011 -------I-751 sent overnight

03.15.2011 -------package says "Delivered"

03.30.2011 -------ASC Appointment Notice Received

04.22.2011 -------Biometrics Appointment

08.29.2011--------APPROVED! GC RECEIVED!

I'm the wife of an American Soldier;

I'm the hope that lives within him after storm clouded days.

The freedom from war that gives wings to his heart,

May they reach across the miles and bind our hearts together

against all that we must face in this world.

abby n sheryl

I would actually wait till the denial letter comes in before I would jump into marriage.

Whatever stopped the K-1 may prevent the CR-1 from being approved.

My Advice is usually based on "Worst Case Scenario" and what is written in the rules/laws/instructions. That is the way I roll... -Protect your Status - file before your I-94 expires.

WARNING: Phrases in this post may sound meaner than they were intended to be. Read the Adjudicator's Field Manual from USCIS

Thanks VJ Friends!

Thom and I, we will wait the letter, of course right now all the options looks good for us that we got a denial, but we know the best now is wait to see what happened and see if we can fix it...

I like to see people are interested on this and we really appreciate your opinions, comments and experiences, thanks so much!!!

ThomLin :blush:

abby n sheryl

abbynsheryl the OP got denied from the USCIS it means they found something from the petitioner's background its advisable to know whats the reason why they got denied cause if they dont and follow your advise to get married and file for CR1 they will still get deny by the USCIS

Not necessarily. Yes, it's possible that something came up in the petitioner's (or the beneficiary's) checks, but if you read the preceding posts in this thread, you'll see two different users who were denied because their I-129F packages were incomplete. It could be that simple. Jumping to conclusions like this doesn't help the OP.

I would actually wait till the denial letter comes in before I would jump into marriage.

This is much better advice. While the waiting may be torturous, the reasonable course of action is to wait until the Notice of Denial hardcopy is received. Only when the couple knows the reason for the denial will they be able to determine how to proceed.

Improved USCIS Form G-325A (Biographic Information)

Form field input font changed to allow entry of dates in the specified format and to provide more space for addresses and employment history. This is the 6/12/09 version of the form; the current version is 8/8/11, but previous versions are accepted per the USCIS forms page.

abby n sheryl

Not necessarily. Yes, it's possible that something came up in the petitioner's (or the beneficiary's) checks, but if you read the preceding posts in this thread, you'll see two different users who were denied because their I-129F packages were incomplete. It could be that simple. Jumping to conclusions like this doesn't help the OP.

This is much better advice. While the waiting may be torturous, the reasonable course of action is to wait until the Notice of Denial hardcopy is received. Only when the couple knows the reason for the denial will they be able to determine how to proceed.

Thanks friend for sharing with us!!! :thumbs:

Now We have to wait, We will see... and I will let you Know to all my VJ Friends..

We are still on the journey!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.