WHAT WILL YOU ANSWER??

24 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

HELLO FRDS,

JUST BEEN CURIOUS WHAT WILL HE SAY WHEN HE GOES FOR HIS INTERVIEW. IF ASKED

1. WHY DO YOU MARRY AN OLDER WOMAN?

2. WHAT WILL YOU DO WITH HER KIDS?

3. WE DATE FOR 4 MONTHS AND GOT MARRIED ON THE FIRST IN PERSON VISIT, TELL ME HOW DANGEROUS IS THAT FOR OUR FUTURE OR HIS VISA/INTERVIEW BEEN APPROVED?

K&O

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I would say he should answer and probably it's best you both practise this before the interview. Nigerians(am a Nigerian) DON'T normally marry older women and marrying one who is 10 years older would raise eyebrows but then he could tell them the qualities he sees in you which made him make that decision. Does he get along with your kids? Like do they talk on the phone or online? I believe they will ask him stuff about your kids so he should definitely be ready for that. You really cannot answer the questions asked, he is in a better position to do so.

As for marrying on your first meet and within 4 months of knowing each other, I don't need to be a CO to know that will definitely raise a red flag when it gets to the embassy but then you might meet a CO who would be won over if you have sufficient proof. You might try and make another trip before your interview to help you with more evidence of a bona-fide relationship. Be prayerful and God will see you through.

All the best.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

The questions- and answers- will depend on the relationmship. Some suggestions though:

1. Love! Talk about how the age gap doesn't matter because you have X hobby in common and because you both love to do Y and are interested in Z sport etc. If the older woman is to old to have kids, you may want to address that too (is the man happy to not have kids? will they adopt? is he ok just being stepdad to her kids?).

2. Have they met? You should show here that you have a good relationship already with the kids (show photos if possible), tell the CO how you will bring the daughter to the zoo because she likes zebras and the boy to football practise with his team the Wild Hogs or whatever. Show you know about their lives and are ready to be involved.

3. That is a very short courtship, and will be a red flag. Explain why you did it this way, and how your relationship deepend after the wedding too.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Thanks Guys.. Yes he talks with my kids online and on phone and me with 2 out of my 4 kids will be going to stay and live with him in Nigeria for 3 months and i we have stayed on month together btw feb and march and i hope all of this will help too that our relationship is genuine coupled with chats logs, photos together before wedding during wedding with his family and after wedding, cards, emails, and soon pictures of me, him and 2 of my kids and we would have stayed 4 months plus before his interview will that erase the redflags?

K&O

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

It doesn't 'erase' the red flags but helps address them, lots of communication and pictures will help. The fact that you have your kids when you visit helps but that's just my personal opinion. Just gather as much proof to show if they bring up any of those issues at the interview stage. All the best.

1. WHY DO YOU MARRY AN OLDER WOMAN? - because... my wife is xxx to me. and she's a good xxx... also good in xxx. I've been in a relationship before (if he had been), and I find that older women are xxxx.

2. WHAT WILL YOU DO WITH HER KIDS? -Be a good friend and stepfather. Try to win their affection but still maintain a degree of respect as their stepfather. I'd go to xxx with them, do xxx with them.

3. WE DATE FOR 4 MONTHS AND GOT MARRIED ON THE FIRST IN PERSON VISIT, TELL ME HOW DANGEROUS IS THAT FOR OUR FUTURE OR HIS VISA/INTERVIEW BEEN APPROVED?

- I don't know... we are in the same boat.

Filed: Country: India
Timeline

Hello guys,

Same thing apply to me. I am hearing impaired girl and met hearing impaired guy on deaf social wesbite. We fell in love and decided to get married withing 4 months of dating. He came to India to marry me and left for USA in 2 weeks. He is a divorcee and a father of 3 kids (they live with his ex-wife).

What are the impact on my interview questions?

Good luck to all here!!

I-130

04/01/2009 - I-130 Mailed to Chicago lockbox

04/06/2009 - I-130 Received at Chicago INS

04/10/2009 - I-130 NOA1 Received

04/27/2009 - I-130 NOA2 - Notice of Transfer to NBC (Missouri)

05/12/2009 - I-130 NOA3 - APPROVED!!!!!

NVC

05/19/2009 - NVC Received/Case number assigned

05/25/2009 - DS-3032 / AOS Bill Generated

05/31/2009 - E-mailed DS3032

06/08/2009 - DS3032 Accepted

06/05/2009 - Paid AOS Bill

06/08/2009 - AOS Bill Show as PAID

06/16/2009 - Paid IV Bill

06/17/2009 - IV Bill Show as PAID

06/18/2009 - Mailed I-864 Package

06/27/2009 - Mailed IV Package

07/09/2009 - Recd Email for RFE (False RFE for DS 230 Part1)

07/10/2009 - NVC Rep confirmed they recd DS 230 Part1

07/18/2009 - Recd Email for 2nd RFE (Missing documents for IV package - Original documents not sent)

07/23/2009 - Mailed IV Package again with ORIGINAL documents except regional PCC

07/27/2009 - NVC Received IV Package (2nd RFE)

07/29/2009 - IV Package under review as per AVR

08/05/2009 - Login Failed (Case under Final Review and waiting to be completed)

08/06/2009 - Case Completed at NVC ... Thank you Lord!

08/12/2009 - Interview date assigned by email

09/11/2009 - Medical exam - Passed!

09/22/2009 - Visa Interview - APPROVED

10/08/2009 - POE - SEA - Seattle, WA

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

I think you got some great advise already. I will say also that its not all that rare for couples here to have short courtships. You just need to be ready to address that in the interview. You(and your kids) have spent a great deal of time with him, I think that speaks VOLUMES to a CO. It doesnt erase anything, but does present a better case.

Its great that you are already thinking of your red flags and how to address them :thumbs: being ready for those tough questions with honest and believable answers is proactive and very smart.

Have you guys talked about having more children together? He can talk about that if the age factor comes up.

You're already on the right track but my advise is to be ready with PLENTY of supporting evidence of an ongoing relationship. Do practice those hard questions with him before the interview, and be serious and hard on him ;)

Good Luck :)

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Timeline
Hello guys,

Same thing apply to me. I am hearing impaired girl and met hearing impaired guy on deaf social wesbite. We fell in love and decided to get married withing 4 months of dating. He came to India to marry me and left for USA in 2 weeks. He is a divorcee and a father of 3 kids (they live with his ex-wife).

Good luck to all here!!

Over prepare with your evidence of an ongoing relationship. :thumbs:

I peeked at your timeline since you have been a member since '05. :) It looks like you were lifting conditions in 07? Were you here before on a spousal visa and then return home to India? This may come up in the interview.

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Timeline
Hello guys,

Good luck to all here!!

I peeked at your timeline since you have been a member since '05. :) It looks like you were lifting conditions in 07? Were you here before on a spousal visa and then return home to India? This may come up in the interview.

Hi Habibi,

I am newly married in Feb 2009. This timeline in 2005 belongs to my twin sister and I am using her id because she is already in US under CR 1 and she is now having 10 yrs Green Card. So I thought I should use her id because it will be of no use to her now.

I and my husband are definately going to prepare those hard questions. And I am sure, it will be of no hassles. :D

Thanks for your quick reply and Good luck!

I-130

NVC

07/18/2009 - Recd Email for 2nd RFE (Missing documents for IV package - Original documents not sent)

07/23/2009 - Mailed IV Package again with ORIGINAL documents except regional PCC

Hello guys,

Good luck to all here!!

How long did he stay with you? My husband stayed for almost 4 weeks.

Timeline
Hello guys,

Good luck to all here!!

He stayed for more than 2 weeks.

I-130

NVC

Hello guys,

Good luck to all here!!

He stayed for more than 2 weeks.

Alright, I really don't know what to say since I'm going through my own pre-interview jitters about our short courtship and quickie marriage. :blink: but i've have been adviced to bring as much evidence that i can carry and provide and just answer truthfully.

You might want to read this too... http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/...rview_Questions

My husband and I are going over our timeline (from the day that we met, to proposal, to wedding, til interview date) to make sure that I can answer without hesitation. I'm having problems memorizing the #of days he was here... I know it is silly. So he tells me to just keep repeating Janxx to Febxx if I can't remember. hehe. But I've been practicing through looking at various interview questions posted here. Thanks to a lot of VJ members, we can anticipate certain questions that will be asked.

Good luck and I hope you get your case completed soon!

Timeline
Hello guys,

Good luck to all here!!

Hi Habibi,

I am newly married in Feb 2009. This timeline in 2005 belongs to my twin sister and I am using her id because she is already in US under CR 1 and she is now having 10 yrs Green Card. So I thought I should use her id because it will be of no use to her now.

I and my husband are definately going to prepare those hard questions. And I am sure, it will be of no hassles. :D

Thanks for your quick reply and Good luck!

Ah, cool. Well, good luck and I hope you guys are reunited very soon :)

Thanks!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.