Serendipity_

K3 Family Hangout - Summer 2009

300 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Good luck on the hunt Que. Its the same way here, there are constantly new ones popping up for sale all over.

Well, Yazied starts a new job tomorrow! He might still work part time for the current place too AND he got his permit today :dance: What a good day ^_^

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
hey guys :)

congrats deepak. enjoy the 2 year break!

I hope Cnt has a great trip

seren, did you decide on which job to take?

wendy, hi!

jenn,

hows it going?

:waves:

I took the job with my old employer as it was for same position I held in Canada. :) I start monday.

Congrats to Y on his new job and Good LucK.

*k3 Visa*

08-10-2008: NOA1

03-05-2009: NOA2

05-18-2009: K3 visa approved (Mumbai Consulate)

05-22-2009: POE LAX

*IR Visa*

07-10-2008: NOA1

08-13-2009: IR1 visa approved (Montreal, Canada)

08-15-2009: POE LAX

Timeline
Good Morning everyone!! Just poping in to say hello...still in the process of house hunting. Wherever you look there is a house up for sale.

What's new with everyone??

We are house hunting as well....the problem we are running into is that there are a lot of home on the market but they have multiple offers. The competitio is Kinda fierce here :wacko:

Good Luck ....hope you find a home of your dreams soon :) Are you buying in NYC?

*k3 Visa*

*IR Visa*

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

I envy you guys looking to buy a new home right now. The conditions are so much more favorable now with the low interest rates, rock-bottom prices (compared to the peak of the real-estate boom), $8K tax break and of course a buyer's market (at least in most parts of the country). I bought my house back in 2005 and although I have no regrets about the decision, it is disheartening sometimes to see how much home prices have fallen since then (guess it doesn't really matter as long as we have no intentions of selling the home in the short term).

-D

06/12/09 - POE at Newark (K3)

07/01/09 - I-485 and I-765 mailed

07/06/09 - USCIS received (date on NOA1)

07/13/09 - NOA1 received for both I-485 and I-765 !

08/08/09 - Biometric appointment

08/25/09 - AOS interview letter notice date

09/24/09 - AOS interview

10/03/09 - Received GC !!

Hi everybody!

Lisa, Congrats on Y's job..

Seren, congrats on your new job, too..

Jen, how are you doing? I won $200 in Atlantic City last night. I do not even know what I am doing.. :dance:

I promise to love you in good times and in bad, with all I have to give and all that I am, in the only way I know how -- completely and forever......

Timeline

Awesome Seren. I couldnt remember if you were taking that or not, sorry.

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Costa Rica
Timeline

Hi everyone! I'm so sorry I haven't checked in for a while. I'm glad to see that things are moving along well for everyone! :luv:

As for us, today is Diego's last day of work. We decided that he needed to put full-time focus on his English studies. I know he's sad to not be working, but we have to look at the big picture. I don't know any more information on my company's buyout, but this fiscal year (started 10/1) is looking decent so far. Plus they changed our commission plans for the better, so no complaints for now!

We just bought Diego his first suit last weekend. It was an entertaining endeavor, since he is so used to wearing warm weather casual. We also went to the Big E, which is a huge fair for the all the New England states. Each state has its own exhibition building and lots of food. It was awesome except that during the parade I got hit with mardi gras beads right in the face. It seems so ridiculous, but I swear it felt like someone punched my right eye. Luckily, I didn't get a black eye. haha.

Hope everyone is having a good week so far. Any exciting weekend plans? :thumbs:

K3 Interview 05/20/2009

POE Atlanta 05/26/2009

EAD NOA1 06/01/2009

EAD NOA2 08/2009

I-485 Sent 04/07/2010

I-485 NOA1 04/16/2010

Biometrics 04/28/2010 (assigned appt. date is 5/17/10, but we did an early walk-in with no problems!)

I-485 Interview 09/13/2010 (originally set for July, but had to reschedule, since we were in Europe then)

Waiting on GC to come in the mail!!!

.png

Timeline

hi! :runs out:

Thanks!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Hi Everyone!!!! Wifey passed her road test and is now officially licensed. Woohooo!!!

The Journey Home
04/27/2009 - POE at JFK (Quick and Easy!!!!)
05/07/2009 - Applied for SSN
05/09/2009 - Welcome Letter Received
05/14/2009 - SSN Received
05/11/2009 - GC Production Ordered
06/12/2009 - GC Production Ordered (AGAIN ?!?!?!)
06/19/2009 - Alien Registration Approval notice email
06/22/2009 - 2 Year Green Card Received!!!!!!

Naturalization
02/06/2013 - Application Sent
02/13/2013 - NOA (Priority Date Feb 8th)
02/13/2013 - Biometrics Appt. Letter Received
02/21/2013 - Early Bio Appt. (Original March 15th)
02/26/2013 - Place Inline for Interview

04/24/2013 - Interview scheduled

05/31/2013 - Interview - Recommended for Approval

XX/XX/2013 - Oath Ceremony

Timeline

look out! licensed driver coming through :P

Thanks!

Timeline
look out! licensed driver coming through :P

DID Y pass his drive test??? :)

I'm back to work finally :)

*k3 Visa*

*IR Visa*

Timeline

not yet, he is a permitted driver... i was talking about que's wifey. :)

Thats great about work, at least you had some nice months laying on the beach first :P

Thanks!

Timeline
Hi Everyone!!!! Wifey passed her road test and is now officially licensed. Woohooo!!!

oh! I missed this post...

Great news Queue...she must be excited. Is she working / looking for work yet?

*k3 Visa*

*IR Visa*

Timeline

Glad your back (L)!

Thanks!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.