Serendipity_

K3 Family Hangout - Summer 2009

300 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Good luck with your interview! I'm sure you will have no issues...expecting some good news when you're done ;)

Thanks CnT I hadn't given it much thought up until now, but I am starting to feel the butterlies now. Keep me in your prayers Thursday :)

*k3 Visa*

08-10-2008: NOA1

03-05-2009: NOA2

05-18-2009: K3 visa approved (Mumbai Consulate)

05-22-2009: POE LAX

*IR Visa*

07-10-2008: NOA1

08-13-2009: IR1 visa approved (Montreal, Canada)

08-15-2009: POE LAX

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Costa Rica
Timeline

Seren- try not to stress. Everything will work out fine!!!

CnT- fantastic news on the driving adventure. We had a nightmare with D's 8-hour class. I am reporting the teacher to the CT DMV.

UPDATE: :thumbs:

D's work authorization card came in the mail on Monday. It has his picture and a little box that says "fingerprint not available". I suppose if we had filed for AOS at the same time, his fingerprint would be in the box. We went to the SSA Monday afternoon and he now has a letter that says his card will come in the mail within two weeks.

Last night, I was crusiing the net and came upon an ad for a Pizza Maker at the place that is a block from my house. The pay was quite a bit better than I would have thought, so D and I went today to apply. The manager had him stretch dough and he was pleased (D has a lot of experience, plus all the guys speak Spanish). He said he had to talk with the GM and would call him within the next couple of days. We're keeping our fingers crossed!!! While he's in school full-time for English, it's an optimal (and ridiculously convenient) position.

K3 Interview 05/20/2009

POE Atlanta 05/26/2009

EAD NOA1 06/01/2009

EAD NOA2 08/2009

I-485 Sent 04/07/2010

I-485 NOA1 04/16/2010

Biometrics 04/28/2010 (assigned appt. date is 5/17/10, but we did an early walk-in with no problems!)

I-485 Interview 09/13/2010 (originally set for July, but had to reschedule, since we were in Europe then)

Waiting on GC to come in the mail!!!

.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

checking in on seren. I guess we wont hear anythign until late thursday or friday ...i know it will be fine! good luck

C,

thats awesome!

How is everyone?

Im car shopping again. I was going to drive my newly paid off car until the wheels fell off, but i got in an accident monday(not bad, but the front end looks a little ghetto now lol) and now i want a new(new to me) car :P We'll see..

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Costa Rica
Timeline

What kind of car are you thinking of? I should be due for a new company car in the next couple of months. Luckily we get a choice, but they're all Dogdes. I think it will be a Journey this time.

Let's all keep our fingers crossed for Seren tomorrow. (although I'm sure everything will go well for her!) :star:

K3 Interview 05/20/2009

POE Atlanta 05/26/2009

EAD NOA1 06/01/2009

EAD NOA2 08/2009

I-485 Sent 04/07/2010

I-485 NOA1 04/16/2010

Biometrics 04/28/2010 (assigned appt. date is 5/17/10, but we did an early walk-in with no problems!)

I-485 Interview 09/13/2010 (originally set for July, but had to reschedule, since we were in Europe then)

Waiting on GC to come in the mail!!!

.png

Timeline
What kind of car are you thinking of? I should be due for a new company car in the next couple of months. Luckily we get a choice, but they're all Dogdes. I think it will be a Journey this time.

Let's all keep our fingers crossed for Seren tomorrow. (although I'm sure everything will go well for her!) :star:

I love dodges. I had my heart set on a magnum for a while.... actually we talked to our new mechanic tonight (he came to our house for some work for SUPER cheap) and he said he could fix the front end damage on the impala for 250! i think i might take him up on that and then drive it till it dies :P

fingers crossed

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Timeline

:dance: :dance: :dance:Approved for 10 yr GC :dance: :dance: :dance:

Finally Home free :thumbs:

Edited by Serendipity_

*k3 Visa*

*IR Visa*

Timeline

Wooofreakinghooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!

:dance: :dance: Seren is done with USCIS for 10 years :sang very bratty btw: Seren is done with USCIS for 10 years...la la la la la la!

Awesome news, congrats....now you guys can forget about this mess and go on with you life without uscis for a long time :D

Thanks!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline

Congratulations Seren!

:star: Thats the best news I've heard all day!!! WOW! What a journey its been for you! All the best! (F)

The Story of Prince & his Angel

Our Marriage in Ariana, Tunisia - May 1, 2008

Service Center: Vermont Service Center

U.S. Embassy: Tunis, Tunisia

The Journey through VSC:

I-130: June 09, 2008 to April 03, 2009

I-129F: August 5, 2008 to April 03, 2009

The Journey through NVC:

Received by NVC: April 04, 2009

Left NVC: April 13, 2009

The Journey through the Consulate:

April 24, 2009 - May 14, 2009

May 19, 2009 Interview Day @ 11:00 am - PASSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

May 20, 2009 Picked up VISA

June 26, 2009 Prince flies to America, arrives to JFK - exactly 18 months from the day we met!!

The Journey through AOS:

May 05, 2010 - mailed I-485

May 11, 2010 - text message stating application received

May 13, 2010 - NOA1 for AOS

May 17, 2010 - Biometrics letter rec'd

June 10, 2010 - Biometrics appt

August 03, 2010 - AOS @10:45 am - "conditional" approval pending corrected medical form by Civil Surgeon

Sept 8, 2010 - AOS Approved for 10 year Greencard!!!

Congratulations!!! I had no doubt ;)

I am very happy for you. Relief at last, huh?

So has anyone thought of anything yet? For our reunion?

I would love for you all to come by me. We have lots of touristy things here. Of course, I don't mind if anyone else has any other ideas. I can fit you all in my home :P so no hotel costs :whistle::lol:

C, have you heard from Jen? Did she make it back home safely?

Candid, check in and let us know you're okay. I wanna make sure after your last post that you're okay!

Lisa, I resent that email. Did you get it? :lol: I actually redid the whole email instead of hitting the resend button. Hopefully it went through this time :lol: Heard anything back re: work authorization? I got excited when C said her hubby's was done. However, nothing this week yet. Not even a touch :unsure:

Calling Steven! Steven, where are you??? Come out from under those sheets for 5 minutes and let us know you're okay :devil::lol:

Timeline

I would love for you all to come by me. We have lots of touristy things here. Of course, I don't mind if anyone else has any other ideas. I can fit you all in my home :P so no hotel costs :whistle::lol:

Candid, check in and let us know you're okay. I wanna make sure after your last post that you're okay!

Lisa, I resent that email. Did you get it? :lol: I actually redid the whole email instead of hitting the resend button. Hopefully it went through this time :lol: Heard anything back re: work authorization? I got excited when C said her hubby's was done. However, nothing this week yet. Not even a touch :unsure:

Calling Steven! Steven, where are you??? Come out from under those sheets for 5 minutes and let us know you're okay :devil::lol:

Nope, no email lol I'll shoot you one, copy into your response. I think my outlook doesnt like you anymore and is blocking your emails I forgot what we were even talking about :P

No news on the EAD front for us either. They touched the hell out of it for 3 days(probably trying to figure out where they F'd up) and nothing since. I think we'll hear in a few weeks or so. :fingers crossed: heh

Josh had his first day of school today. I must say, he looked ultra adorable in his little uniform. ;)

Reunion...hmmmm sounds nice :)

Thanks!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline

Hey Lisa! School has already started in KY? WOW - doesnt start here in our lil part of upstate NY until Sept 8!!!

Nope, no email lol I'll shoot you one, copy into your response. I think my outlook doesnt like you anymore and is blocking your emails I forgot what we were even talking about :P

No news on the EAD front for us either. They touched the hell out of it for 3 days(probably trying to figure out where they F'd up) and nothing since. I think we'll hear in a few weeks or so. :fingers crossed: heh

Josh had his first day of school today. I must say, he looked ultra adorable in his little uniform. ;)

Reunion...hmmmm sounds nice :)

The Story of Prince & his Angel

Our Marriage in Ariana, Tunisia - May 1, 2008

Service Center: Vermont Service Center

U.S. Embassy: Tunis, Tunisia

The Journey through VSC:

I-130: June 09, 2008 to April 03, 2009

I-129F: August 5, 2008 to April 03, 2009

The Journey through NVC:

Received by NVC: April 04, 2009

Left NVC: April 13, 2009

The Journey through the Consulate:

April 24, 2009 - May 14, 2009

May 19, 2009 Interview Day @ 11:00 am - PASSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

May 20, 2009 Picked up VISA

June 26, 2009 Prince flies to America, arrives to JFK - exactly 18 months from the day we met!!

The Journey through AOS:

May 05, 2010 - mailed I-485

May 11, 2010 - text message stating application received

May 13, 2010 - NOA1 for AOS

May 17, 2010 - Biometrics letter rec'd

June 10, 2010 - Biometrics appt

August 03, 2010 - AOS @10:45 am - "conditional" approval pending corrected medical form by Civil Surgeon

Sept 8, 2010 - AOS Approved for 10 year Greencard!!!

Timeline

Thank you to my VJ family who made this LONG & tiresome Journey interesting & fun..

This means I have to start looking for work again :(

*k3 Visa*

*IR Visa*

Timeline
Hey Lisa! School has already started in KY? WOW - doesnt start here in our lil part of upstate NY until Sept 8!!!

ya its wierd for me too, in cali we didnt go back to school until sept.

seren,

you made the long process easier on many too hun, me included :luv:

Thanks!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm ... there IS something strangely familiar about this place :unsure:

Quick 'howdy' to everyone (F) And yes Cnt ... been under the sheets a LOT :devil:

I posted some pics on FB and will be posting some more in a little bit. Everything is going great with the family. I'm down to 2 jobs now, but still working 7 days a week. We are moving into our own place at the end of the month, and then will file Ksenia's EAD. Sasha will start 1st grade at the end of the month too.

Sorry I haven't been around much. I've sent some texts out but only got two replies. And there is 1 of you (you know who you are) that won't share texts with me :(:(:(

After the move and as things settle in more, I'll try to do a better job of staying in touch. In the meantime, {HUGS} to all my friends. I hope everything that you wanted and hoped for through this process is coming true and that you are happy being rejoined with your special someone (L)

Steve & Ksenia

502pfk.gif2rom8nd.gif

July 23, 2008 - Married my beautiful Ksenia

Oct 11, 2008 - I-130 Sent

Oct 13, 2008 - I-130 Delivered to Chicago Lockbox

Oct 20, 2008 - Checks cashed by USCIS

Oct 24, 2008 - NOA1 (I-130)

Oct 25, 2008 - I-129F Sent to CSC

Oct 29, 2008 - I-129F Received at CSC

Oct 30, 2008 - NOA1 for I-129F mailed to me - received 11/22/08 because of address change

Oct 31, 2008 - I-130 Touched

Nov 3, 2008 - I-130 Touched

Nov 18, 2008 - I-129F Touched

Nov 20, 2008 - I-130 (for step daughter) Touched

Feb 17, 2009 - Case received by the NVC

Feb 25, 2009 - Received letter from NVC dated Feb 20th saying they had received my approved I-129F

Feb 27, 2009 - Received 2 letters from NVC dated Feb 20th - they had received both approved I-130's

Mar 6, 2009 - Medical for Ksenia & Sasha completed in Kiev. Everything is great.

Mar 9, 2009 - Called NVC and found out our K3 is in "administrative processing"

Apr 6, 2009 - OUT OF A.P. !!! File being sent to Kiev !

May 5, 2009 - K3 interview in Kiev! APPROVED !!!

July 12, 2009 - ARRIVAL IN USA !!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.