K3 Family Hangout - Summer 2009

300 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Let's keep this thread going .......

*k3 Visa*

08-10-2008: NOA1

03-05-2009: NOA2

05-18-2009: K3 visa approved (Mumbai Consulate)

05-22-2009: POE LAX

*IR Visa*

07-10-2008: NOA1

08-13-2009: IR1 visa approved (Montreal, Canada)

08-15-2009: POE LAX

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

My thoughts exactly..thanks.

How's everyone? Just a typical Wed here.

I think I have the redeco bug yet again. After moving furniture around last night, it all ended back up where it began. lol But, I think I want to paint this weekend.

Have you guys seen those "point n paint" things on TV infomercials? Its basically just a pad instead of a roller....anyway, walmart has basically the same thing for 6 bucks. I bought one this weekend and painted a large wall in 20 minutes! No brush, no drips... Im hooked, I will never use a roller again and now it makes me want to paint more lol

So, I think I will ask Y for his opinion on colors this week and then paint on sat. The wall I painted this weekend is getting painted a different color too. Im not a fan of it since the paint dried. heh

well,thats my exciting news lol

On the immi front, waiting for word on the EAD expedite. If it goes through, we should get it in early September. Truly, I wish they would fix the instructions for the KY filers, but they wont. I will selfishly settle for our problem to be fixed :P

I guess I should get to work now

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Timeline

We are doing good....I fly to Canada next week, I am looking forward to meeting up with friends and family.

Lisa I should go check out these paint pads at walmart and get some so I can keep busy painting. Now they sell a small can of paint (try out paint) which is really helpfull as you can paint a section and see what the dry paint looks like as opposed to a whole wall and waste of a paint can.

Where is everyone else? CnT, Wendy, Jen, Queue, Steve, C, come on out of the woodworks :)

*k3 Visa*

*IR Visa*

Timeline

Wow Seren that did creep up fast! Im sure youre looking foward to seeing everyone.

Ya, the paint I used was a small can of "oops" paint that I got a few weeks ago on a whim. It looked grey but dried pretty much blue. I think this time I will try the sample cans. :thumbs: Do try the pads...they freaking rock!

Calling all K3'ers...hello!

I guess its just you and I for now S. :P

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Timeline

Once I get back from Canada...I have to seriouly start looking for a job :unsure: I was getting used to being a beach bum :)

I usually like neutral earthy colors but I guess this time around I am going to experiment with Color - I am liking sage.

*k3 Visa*

*IR Visa*

Did someone say paint??? :lol:

What are these pads? I'm gonna google them. I wish we'd known about it. Took us forever and a day...especially since we did the same walls 3 times :lol:

I want to ask hubby to get started on the upstairs, but I'm afraid. Poor thing. After all the work he did on the downstairs, I feel bad getting started on the upstairs. Besides, I don't even wanna look at colors for a long time. I have about 10 billion samples of paint. I wish you were closer, I would give you mine LOL We did the samples too, but you know, it still looks different when the whole wall gets done vs. a small part. Keep that in mind when you decide!

I haven't checked anything on our EAD. I should check and see if we got a "touch" :lol: remember those???? :lol:

I've been staying busy. I actually have been busy on another forum. No offense to the wonderful friends I made on here, but VJ for the most part is full of the most pitiful, low lives, I've ever come across on the internet. So other than here, I don't care to post much. You guys are welcome to join me if you want. PM me and I can give you the site if you like.

Funny, I was just thinking about Birch-beer, CJ Vasani, CJgator, ArubaDolphin and all the other fun friends we had on here. GS4ever...totally dropped off the face of the earth once the spouse came, huh? I guess they're busy making karma star babies LOOOOL

Oh Lisa, get this...some redneck ba$tard came and yelled at us for smoking outside. He thinks he's something special (the maintenance guy)...boy did he offend the wrong person. He thought he was going to have me written up, but it turns out that it's gonna be the other way around :yes: that'll teach him to yell at his superior... :lol:

Well I better get going. I need to eat a late lunch and do a little more work before I leave today. I plan on leaving early. Overall having a crappy day.

Timeline

:lol: duh! Do I remember touches?! (we've had 3 on the EAD) I dont think I will ever be free of USCIS.gov until we get the 10yr card, then Y can keep up 10 years from now when he gets the renewal ones :jest:

well, give your hubster a break before you send him upstairs LOL

here's an example of the pad thingy http://www.dpciwholesale.com/cart.php?targ...product_id=2584

So, you found a new place to spend work days online...you trader! email me so I can get in on that :P

Miss ya

oh ya. tell that maintenence guy that he needs to get the H over it :diablo:

Edited by Y's_habibitk

Thanks!

Timeline

Hey CnT - Missed you around... Let me know where you are spending your days.

*k3 Visa*

*IR Visa*

Hello everyone.

Seren, have a safe trip. Enjoy and goodluck!

Lisa, I might check out that pad, too. We are planning to paint our room but I cannot decide when it comes to color.

CnT, nice to hear from you.

Edited by CaNdiD wiTcH

I promise to love you in good times and in bad, with all I have to give and all that I am, in the only way I know how -- completely and forever......

Good morning everyone :D

Yeah, I didn't mention anything to hubby. I think I will wait until he's got the driver's license, has started working, and is a little less sensitive about everything. He's getting better. So am I. Our adjustment is getting easier day by day. We still have our little arguments, but for the most part, it's calmer now. I don't want to bring on another project that might hurt our delicate relationship :lol:

Timeline
Good morning everyone :D

Yeah, I didn't mention anything to hubby. I think I will wait until he's got the driver's license, has started working, and is a little less sensitive about everything. He's getting better. So am I. Our adjustment is getting easier day by day. We still have our little arguments, but for the most part, it's calmer now. I don't want to bring on another project that might hurt our delicate relationship :lol:

Great Idea :thumbs:

Howz She devil doing these days?

*k3 Visa*

*IR Visa*

Timeline

Knock! Knock! Anyone here??!! :whistle:

*k3 Visa*

*IR Visa*

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline

Hi everyone! (L)

Its nice to see some of the thread has been kept up & see some of the same faces/names!!! Its been awhile since I've dropped in here but it sure feels like home - makes me smile to see all are still here! Take care ... (F)

The Story of Prince & his Angel

Our Marriage in Ariana, Tunisia - May 1, 2008

Service Center: Vermont Service Center

U.S. Embassy: Tunis, Tunisia

The Journey through VSC:

I-130: June 09, 2008 to April 03, 2009

I-129F: August 5, 2008 to April 03, 2009

The Journey through NVC:

Received by NVC: April 04, 2009

Left NVC: April 13, 2009

The Journey through the Consulate:

April 24, 2009 - May 14, 2009

May 19, 2009 Interview Day @ 11:00 am - PASSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

May 20, 2009 Picked up VISA

June 26, 2009 Prince flies to America, arrives to JFK - exactly 18 months from the day we met!!

The Journey through AOS:

May 05, 2010 - mailed I-485

May 11, 2010 - text message stating application received

May 13, 2010 - NOA1 for AOS

May 17, 2010 - Biometrics letter rec'd

June 10, 2010 - Biometrics appt

August 03, 2010 - AOS @10:45 am - "conditional" approval pending corrected medical form by Civil Surgeon

Sept 8, 2010 - AOS Approved for 10 year Greencard!!!

She devil...hmm... Yesterday we had a staff meeting and she made everyone take a name out of the box and we had to say one nice thing about the person we got. She got me. :lol: She really complimented me...and it was all true ;) Then later someone else said she complained about my smoke breaks. I don't know who to believe. I think everyone is a backstabbing, 2 faced liar :lol: Well not everyone, but most of them. I give up trying to make sense if it all. Now I do my work, do a better job than everyone else, take my recognition with a grain of salt, and leave when it's quitting time. I don't get emotionally involved anymore. Too hurtful. I still chat with her and hear her out when she's complaining or when I need to complain about something...but I don't get too emotionally involved anymore.

So it's Friday. Yesterday we had a freeze here...it was 78 degrees :lol: I actually kept my jacket on. I spent a couple of hours with hubby outside just talking. It was very therapeutic. I enjoyed it. Oh, remember the painting situation? I wanted him to do some more work, but felt bad and didn't want to ask again? Yesterday mom comes and says, "this and this and that looks disgusting. It needs to be cleaned and repainted." Husband dearest was like, "okay"... so I guess while he's at it, I'll tell him to just finish up the upstairs too. Oh and I showed him the point and paint (saw it in CVS). He said he wants to try the $6 one from Walmart. When he comes back from Friday prayer, Inshallah, maybe we'll go to Walmart and see if we can find it. I also told him I want my office redone. I want him to build me shelving from floor to ceiling and a desk right into our wall. I want to be able to keep the rest of the room open so that I can put a little couch or daybed in there. Since we're always having visitors, the more beds, the better. He was like, "Okay" :wub: He's really too good for me :blush:

Timeline
She devil...hmm... Yesterday we had a staff meeting and she made everyone take a name out of the box and we had to say one nice thing about the person we got. She got me. :lol: She really complimented me...and it was all true ;)

She runs it like a school :devil: Staying neutral is the way to go.

A seems like such a great husband....Hopefully hubby is rewarded well for all his hard work ;)

*k3 Visa*

*IR Visa*

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.