Eric19myracle

CR1 FILERS IN JULY-ASKING FOR CONGRESSIONAL INQUIRY

9 posts in this topic

I am a July filer. Received my NOA-1 July 14, 2009. This date, I forwarded all relevant documents to my US Congress woman and requested they make a Congressional Inquiry. Many have suggested this as a tactic to have the file immediately pulled and looked at. In other words, the Congressional Inquiry would serve as a Request to Expedite in disguise. We, I shall attach what I received back. Obviously, this type of attempt will not work. I hope this helps all of you others who wish more than anything that we could just find a way to get CSC moving faster.

Mr. Poston,

I received your privacy release and supporting documents for your petition to bring your wife to the United States.

It looks like you filed in July of this year. California is now taking approximately 5 months to get to new cases, meaning they will start processing your petition approximately November or December. Once they process and approve, then it goes to the National Visa Center in New Hampshire where you will get another packet of forms to fill out and more fees to send in. Once the NVC is done processing and approving, they will hold onto the file until there is an interview slot open at the Embassy in Manilla. At that time they will send a packet to your wife and advise her of the interview date and time.

Manilla is one of the top two busiest posts in the world and sometimes the wait is pretty long. It has nothing to do with what is valid or not valid, it is a matter of first in, first out.

There is no basis for an expedite in this situation as that typically requires a life or death situation be present for one of the spouses or children.

I am afraid at this point, your option is to wait for California to process and approve or not and go from there. If you get to January and have not heard anything yet, then it would be time to make an inquiry and see if there is a problem.

I know this is not the answer you would like, but the immigration process can be a long and frustrating process, but most applications move through without any complications.

Sincerely,

Pat Paradise

Pat Paradise

Director of Constituent Services

Congresswoman Mary Fallin

District 5, Oklahoma

120 N. Robinson, Suite 100

Oklahoma City, Okla. 73102

405-234-9900

405-234-9909 - fax

WX7PaYmN8bA

Are you kidding? You asked for a congressional inquiry less than a month after filing? Wait til the 6 months mark then complain - in the meantime it's within the processing timeframe.

Seriously.

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

good luck

most of the time NOA2 does take time bcz immigration gets about million application in a month so some one has to look all of them,

u know now immigration centers are working 24 hours in 3 shifts just to keep the things on time

hope the letter will make it faster. most people involve the senator in case of denial or something wrong with in getting a visa

u keep ur thoughts positives and be patience and u will get ur NOA2 in about 2 months, i got mine in 2 months

abby n sheryl

Our time line for CR1 visa took only 5 months and 1 week or 156 days; from the filing the I-130 on the 03-12-2009 to Approval of NOA2 on the 05/13/2009, then Interview on the 08/18/2009 at Manila, Philippines. We had a daughter on the 11-12-2010 named AISHA JOY means HAPPY LIFE.a1_opt-1.jpga2_opt-1.jpga3_opt-1.jpg

Not to complain. To express Congressional interest in any given case. For those of us who are in a very close Congressional District, as am I. They do indeed send a letter to USCIS, who notes that there is Congressional interest in a case. It just does not expedite the processing, but in the event there is a subsequent issue, you already have elicited the support of your local Congressional Representative.

I posted this because there has been much chatter about this being done, and I wanted to share with others that this is not a reliable or effective route to expedition. Sorry if this post offended. It was intended to be impormative and informational.

WX7PaYmN8bA

BTW

i love ur wedding video

u pick the best color blue n white like we did, lol

good luck

abby n sheryl

Our time line for CR1 visa took only 5 months and 1 week or 156 days; from the filing the I-130 on the 03-12-2009 to Approval of NOA2 on the 05/13/2009, then Interview on the 08/18/2009 at Manila, Philippines. We had a daughter on the 11-12-2010 named AISHA JOY means HAPPY LIFE.a1_opt-1.jpga2_opt-1.jpga3_opt-1.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

So as the service center stops to look at your case filed under a month ago it stops them from working on say the ones who have been waiting over 6 months? I think you jumped the gun a little by doing this in the first month of your petition. Just IMHO

Why is it that the only one who can stop the crying is the one who started it in the first place?

More Complete Story here
My Saga includes 2 step sons
USC Married 4/2007 Colombian on overstay since 2001 of B1/B2 visa
Applied 5/2007 Approved GC in Hand 10/2007
I-751 mailed 6/30/09 aapproved 11/7/09 The BOYS I-751 Mailed 12/29/09 3/23/10 Email approval for 17 CR 3/27/10
4/14/10 Email approval for 13 yr Old CR 4/23/10

Oldest son now 21 I-130 filed by LPR dad ( as per NVC CSPA is applying here )
I-130 approved 2/24
Priority date 12/6/2007
4/6/2010 letter from NVC arrives to son dated 3/4/2010
5/4/10 received AOS and DS3032 via email
9/22/10 Interview BOG Passed
10/3/10 POE JFK all went well
11/11/10 GC Received smile.png

So as the service center stops to look at your case filed under a month ago it stops them from working on say the ones who have been waiting over 6 months? I think you jumped the gun a little by doing this in the first month of your petition. Just IMHO

Yes, I agree :wacko:

Yes, I agree :wacko:

So you asked for a inquiry to get a quick approval from USCIS??? Even I could not request that even thought USCIS nearly messed up my RFE when they did not send it out timely. I still have to wait till Im out of processing times before I get a Senator involved. But no Senator for me, I go straight to the Director of USCIS again, as before and as I was told to.

Truly happy!!!

New life, new adventures, and a new attitude.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.