seeker2k

is there a way to reach a live person at USCIS ?

9 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi

I got my "I 797 c" and a case number, it is in the following format:

"XXX-00-000-00000"

XXX are capital letters, 0 (zeroes) are numbers and dashes are dashes.

I checked the USCIS website, but its been almost 6 weeks since I got my I 797c, and that seems to be somewhat long, I wonder if everything is OK, but the status page doesnt give any info whatsoever, other then they sent and assigned me a case number and I received the form. I think its way overdue for the next step, whatever it may be.

When I call USCIS at 1-800-375-5283, and try to use the automated system, it doesnt let me. Since my number contains 3 capital letters, there is no way for me to input them by phone. I tried mine and couple other peoples phones, same deal. Every time I try to input these letters, phones automatically convert them to numbers, then the automated system says that the 1st 3 digits do not match and thats it. Also, it says something about asterisks, I forgot exactly what, but I do not have any asterisks ib my case number, it is the format exactly as I put it.

So I am getting worried something is amiss, maybe some clerk mistyped somewhere or something like that and my case is in limbo. I would like to know, if there is a way to reach the California Service Center USCIS and actually talk to someone live about this, I need peace of mind, or find out whats going on and straighten it out if there are any problems.

Thanks !

Edited by seeker2k

Hi

"XXX-00-000-00000"

I checked the USCIS website, but its been almost 6 weeks since I got my I 797c, and that seems to be somewhat long, I wonder if everything is OK, but the status page doesnt give any info whatsoever, other then they sent and assigned me a case number and I received the form. I think its way overdue for the next step, whatever it may be.

When I call USCIS at 1-800-375-5283, and try to use the automated system, it doesnt let me. Since my number contains 3 capital letters, there is no way for me to input them by phone. I tried mine and couple other peoples phones, same deal. Every time I try to input these letters, phones automatically convert them to numbers, then the automated system says that the 1st 3 digits do not match and thats it. Also, it says something about asterisks, I forgot exactly what, but I do not have any asterisks ib my case number, it is the format exactly as I put it.

So I am getting worried something is amiss, maybe some clerk mistyped somewhere or something like that and my case is in limbo. I would like to know, if there is a way to reach the California Service Center USCIS and actually talk to someone live about this, I need peace of mind, or find out whats going on and straighten it out if there are any problems.

Thanks !

First thing :time:

Second thing :guides:

The guides will answer MOST of your questions, the timeline will help us answer your questions because we need info sometimes to help you because different visas have different issues.

Third is just a comment 6 weeks is nothing...so prepare to wait a little longer, a good way to get an idea of wait times is to look at other peoples timelines by clicking on the Immigration Timelines link at top of page.

Mailed n-400 : 4-3-14

USCIS Received : 4-4-14

NOA1 Sent : 4-8-14

Biometrics Appt Letter Sent : 4-14-14

Biometrics Appt : 5-5-14

usaflag.gifphilippinesflag.gif

Poverty Guidelines : http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-864p.pdf
VisaJourney Guides : http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...amp;page=guides
K1 Flowchart : http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...amp;page=k1flow
K1/K3 AOS Guide : http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...mp;page=k1k3aos
ROC Guide : http://www.visajourney.com/content/751guide

DSC04023-1.jpg0906091800.jpg93dc3e19-1345-4995-9126-121c2d709290.jpg

Hi

"XXX-00-000-00000"

Thanks !

First off put your timeline. It will help others make better replies.

Call the service number and follow the prompts to change address. I think it's press 3.

When they answer tell them what you want.

Hint! LOTS of people here call the USCIS information service. MIS information.

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Hi

"XXX-00-000-00000"

Thanks !

6 weeks is not a long time to be waiting you have several more weeks of waiting to go. The USCIS website says you can expect to wait 5 months.

As the above poster said you can follow the prompts to change your adress or follow the prompts for the rfe. You arn't likely to get anywhere however because you are not outside normal processing times.

Have you opened an account at the USCIS website, that is going to give you just as much information as calling them on the phone.

Best of luck! :star:

K-1

05/05/2009 - NOA1

07/17/2009 - NOA2

08/27/2009 - Visa Received

10/09/2009 - Married

AOS/EAD

11/18/2009 - NOA1

01/15/2010 - EAD Approved

02/25/2010 - AOS Interview

Adjuticator's Field Manual

Old VJ Adjuticator Q/A

Disclaimer : 100% of the time I only think I know what I'm talking about.

Filed: Timeline

OK, I realize I got maybe another 3 month to go to the next step, so obviously I will just sit tight and wait for the time being, however, my original question still stands.

How do I contact a live person at USCIS ? I searched FAQs on this and other sites, searched the USCIS site, and they all give same automated number, and the people so far all have answered to call that same number also :(, all these FAQs + USCIS website just run me around in circles without concrete info to what I am looking for.

IS there even a way to contact someone live ?

Thanks !

OK, I realize I got maybe another 3 month to go to the next step, so obviously I will just sit tight and wait for the time being, however, my original question still stands.

How do I contact a live person at USCIS ? I searched FAQs on this and other sites, searched the USCIS site, and they all give same automated number, and the people so far all have answered to call that same number also :(, all these FAQs + USCIS website just run me around in circles without concrete info to what I am looking for.

IS there even a way to contact someone live ?

Thanks !

Call and follow the prompts for changing address. When they answer just tell them what you want.

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Tier 1 reps at USCIS are provided a script that will not likely give you any info. If you are lucky enough to get through one of them to s tier 2 supervisor.. you amy get and answer but thats only after you follow the advice of the first few posters here..

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline
Tier 1 reps at USCIS are provided a script that will not likely give you any info. If you are lucky enough to get through one of them to s tier 2 supervisor.. you amy get and answer but thats only after you follow the advice of the first few posters here..

Back a few months ago, when I was calling the USCIS all the time, one of the people there told me that if you press #(the pound key) and the number 1 at any menu, it will take you directly to a human. I tried it back then...a few times...and it worked. Not sure if it still does...but worth a try.

-Blu-

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Amsterdam

02-27-09: I-129F Sent

03-10-09: I-129F NOA1

06-10-09: I-129F NOA2

06-17-09: Rec'vd by NVC

06-18-09: STUCK IN NVC AP

06-25-09: FINALLY petition on it's way to the embassy

06-29-09: DHL delivered our packet to the embassy in Amsterdam

07-01-09: Rec'd Packet 3!!!!

08-01-09: Rec'd Packet 4

08-25-09: Interview date...APPROVED!!!!

12/12/09: Fiancee arrival date WOOOT!

02/20/10: Married and SOOOO happy!

04/20/10: Sent off AOS (finally!)

05/03/10: Rec'd AOS NOA1

Back a few months ago, when I was calling the USCIS all the time, one of the people there told me that if you press #(the pound key) and the number 1 at any menu, it will take you directly to a human. I tried it back then...a few times...and it worked. Not sure if it still does...but worth a try.

-Blu-

Select option 1, than 2 than3.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.