21 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: India
Timeline

I and my family walked in in Atlanta on April 4 this year.

It was a Saturday. We went in the morning and it was bit busy so

the security guy asked us to come at 2 in the afternoon which we did.

The place was dead. We were done and out in 15 to 20 minutes.

I would go for it.

You need the appointment letter and passport (Driving license is not

acceptable contrary to what the letter says)

All the best

Hello Fellow members,

Just wanna ask those who know or had experience on this issue? We have our biometrics appointment for August 12 for me removal of condition and was wondering if we can do the walk in before that date?

We will have the bio in Atlanta office.. Can't find their phone #...do we have to just go their and do the walk in bio? or we need to call them first?

We have another appointment with the DFA consulate on that same date so we are thinking of doing the bio at the same day to make just one trip.

WOuld they allow us to do the biometrics ahead of the appointment date? Thanks in advance for those who will share their answers.

I did it 2 weeks ago and as long as you show the appointment letter they will let you do it. It went fast too, didn't say anything.

Showed up right when they opened and only the lady who actually did the biotrics said: So, you are early......and then moved on.

I was in the Phoenix,AZ office, but I was in and out in 25 minutes. In my case in seemed that the let the ones that already had a green card go first. There were quite a few people waiting. For AOS I waited almost 3 hrs.

Don't call them, just go. I read one comment on this forum that when the girl mentioned it somewhere they had her wait 4 hrs. I had no problems at all and many others on here neither.

Good luck.

o5cni131ii.png

Lifting Conditions

CIS Office : California Service Center

Date Filed : 2009-05-04

NOA Date : 2009-05-21

Online USCIS website: 06-03-2009 ( so am I a May or June filer now.)

Bio. Appt. : 2009-07-24 (walk-in on 07/14/09 and accepted)

*Touch*: 07-15-2009

Card ordered: 2009-08-26

Letter received approved: dated 08-22-2009 :o

*touch* : 2009-08-31

Green card recvd: 2009-09-01

April 2010: Eligible to file for US citizenship

My handmade Jewelry

• 1 year later...

Has anyone ever done a walk-in in Cleveland? Their website says you need an appointment to see an officer, but I don't know if that is just what they say.

England.gif England!

And in this crazy life, and through these crazy times

It's you, it's you, You make me sing.

You're every line, you're every word, you're everything.

b0cb1a39c4.png

ROC Timeline

Sent: 7/21/12

NOA1: 7/23/12

Touch: 7/24/2012

Biometrics: 8/24/2012

Card Production Ordered: 3/6/2013

*Eligible for Naturalization: October 13, 2013*

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline

I think i will try this on Friday at the Houston office, as my appointment is the 24th but i drive past it everyday and this would save me taking off work next week! will let you guys know what happens!

October 2006 - Met in Houston

January 2007 to November 2007 - Dating and lived together

1/30/08 - Sent I-129F to VSC

2/5/08 - NOA1 received

2/24/08 - Touched

3/14/08 - Approved!!!! 44 Days

3/19/08 - NVC Received

3/21/08 - NVC Sent

3/25/08 - Consulate Received

3/31/08 - Packet 3 Received

4/01/08 - Packet 3 Sent

4/07/07 - Packet 4 Received

4/08/08 - Medical

4/28/08 - Interview!! 89 days Visa Received

5/14/08 - Entry to US, Woohoo

6/06/08 - Wedding!! Bigger Woohoo

6/22/08 - AOS and EAD Filled

6/27/08 - Noa both received

7/16/08 - Biometrics Appointment

7/22/08 - AOS transferred to California

8/22/08 - EAD Approved

8/28/08 - AOS I485 Card Production Ordered, WOOHOO

9/02/08 - EAD Received

Sept 08 AOS Recieved job got the week after!!

7/31/10 - Sent I-751 Removal of Conditions

<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

It really depends on the office. I am in Texas and the office i went to, Fort Worth, doesn't accept walk-ins...even though there is almost nobody there.

I say if you ain't driving for long to get there, it doesn't hurt to give it a try.

not true. I walked in at Fort Worth and had no problems.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Japan
Timeline

not true. I walked in at Fort Worth and had no problems.

This thread started more than 1 year ago. Maybe they changed policy :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.