Anh map

HCMC Timeline Resource

80 posts in this topic

Here is my timeline, hope it will assist newcoming in anyway. Although they did not ask us for a timeline

Zachary Huy-Thong Vu

XXXXXX

City, State Zip code

U.S. Consulate General.

Immigrant Visa Section

4 Le Duan St., District 01,

Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.

Re: Timeline of relationship with my fiancée, Vi Phuong Le (DOB: Month/day/year- Case number HCM XXXXXXXXXX)

I, Zachary Huy-Thong Vu, a citizen of the United States, am the fiancé of Vi Phuong Le. The following is a sworn affidavit documenting the timeline of our relationship from April of 2008 to the present.

About two and half years ago, probably around the end of March 2008, I’d called my aunt, Binh Vu and talked to her. She is one of my closest aunts with whom I contacted frequently to talk when I have problems. Then I asked her if she knew anyone that I could be friend with, a companion. I also told her that I wasn’t looking for a relationship yet, because I just got out of a six-year relationship. Her answer was yes, but requested me to call her back in a few days. After couple days passed, I called her again. She gave me a telephone number and her name is Vi. And that was how I knew Vi.

Beginning of April 2008, while driving home alone from a dinner buffet with my family, I remembered my aunt, Binh, had given me Vi’s cell phone number, so I’d contact Vi and we introduced ourselves. We talked for about half an hour, and I arrived home, then I said goodbye to her, and promised that I would call her in the near future.

On my way to work in the next morning, I couldn’t help myself, I had called her again. I asked her if she knew how to chat via Yahoo Messenger. I told her we could see each other via our webcams. She agreed but we could only chat on Sundays when she was not working.

April 05, 2008 was Vi’s birthday, I contacted my friend, Duong Nguyen who came back to Vietnam visiting his wife, to send ninety-nine roses and a teddy bear to Vi. Then Vi and I kept in touch with each other via phone calls as the telephone records showed.

By the end of the year, I was ready to make a big step that I told her I would come back to Vietnam and meet her in person. She happily agreed and I just couldn’t wait a moment longer.

On Dec 18th 2008, I traveled back to Vietnam. After an exhausting fly, I finally arrived to Ho Chi Minh City. I tried to leave the airport as fast as I was able to because I knew that Vi and my aunt, Binh were waiting patiently for me. During my first trip back visit Vi, we had travelled to Ham Tan, Binh Thuan to visit my aunt and uncle who lived there. We also went to the beach, sightseeing. We also went to Nha Trang along with my cousin Dung and his wife, Phuong, and did some shopping around Ben Thanh Market. We also spent time together on Christmas & New Year, we went to an outdoor restaurant, picked by Vi’s older brother, Cuong to celebrate Vi’s mother birthday on Jan 7th . Our precious time together had been cutting short because I had to return home in the States on Jan 8th 2009. Saying goodbye to Vi was the hardest thing for we’d unexpectedly developed a deeper connection beyond a platonic friendship. And I promised Vi that I would see her again very soon.

Back in the States, I missed Vi very much and wished I was still there in Vietnam. I called her and we talked on the phone for hours. I expressed my feelings to her and how I missed those days with her by my side. She also told me she felt the same way.

A few months passed by our feelings for each other grew stronger, and I couldn’t wait to see her again, this time I would stay a little longer as I told her. We continued talk with each other over telephone, Yahoo’s Video Messenger and Skype’s Video Messenger.

In August 2009, 2010, I’d made my second trip to Vietnam. My trip lasted for one month. I was there from Aug 24th to Sep 26th. I was thrilled and anxious to see Vi again after months being apart. However, I was still nervous and didn’t know what to say when I saw her. We went onto the taxi that took us to Hoang Gia Huy Hotel where I stayed for my second trip.

During my second trip visit Vi, we made plans that we will travel to Malaysia and Singapore for seven days using Saigon Tourist as our tour guide. While travel to Malaysia and Singapore we met Quang and Nga, a lovely young couple who were in our tour group. We have lot of funs together, we visited lots of attractions such as: the temple, museums, the Petroleum Twin Tower in Malaysia, and in Singapore we visited Botanical Garden, Sentosa Island, Musical Dorm and many more.

Unfortunately, my four weeks in Vietnam finally came to an end. It was time for me to come back to the States. I couldn’t even utter a word goodbye to Vi. I’d held her in my arms and told her how much I love her and again promised to be back with her.

After leaving Vietnam, I was sad, not wanting to do anything except talking to Vi on the phones. Our feelings for one another grew stronger with each passing day. I have told her that I love her very much and wished she would be my wife.

Around March 2010, I expressed my desires to marry Vi to my parents and they had called Vi’s mother to discuss our engagement. Then on Mar 18th , 2010 I took my third trip back to Vietnam, this trip was three weeks. We mostly stayed in Ho Chi Minh City, we also visited Ho Tram Osaka for 1 day and hang out with her brother, Cuong and his friend in Vung Tau. During my third trip here in Vietnam, we had obtained necessary documents so I could return to the States and file K1 Visa Application for Vi.

Back here in the States, I started gathering all my documents together and spent time at visajourney.com where people around the world lending supports and helping each other with their loves one still left behind overseas. Then I finally sent out our application on April 14th, 2010 .

Back in Vietnam, I had asked Vi’s mother to visit one of the town’s elders to pick out a perfect day for us to have our engagement party, according to the Vietnamese traditions. Within a few days, she’d personally called my parents and confirmed the day which would be November 21, 2010. Hence, this coming November, I, accompany by my parents, sister, and nephew, will travel to Vietnam for my engagement ceremony and party.

Meanwhile, Vi and I still remain in contact when we’re apart from each other. We also intend to marry and look forward to starting our lives together as husband and wife when she arrives here in the U.S.

I, Zachary Huy-Thong Vu, a citizen of the United States and currently reside at (Your Address), do hereby state that the following is true and accurate the best of my knowledge.

______________________________ _______________________________

Name Signature

---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ----

State of

County of

On this _____ day of _____________, 2010, before me, a Notary Public for said County and State, personally appeared ______________________, known or identified to me, to be the person whose name is subscribed to the within instrument, and acknowledged to me that he executed the same.

IN WITNESS WHEREOF, I have hereunto set my hand and affixed my official seal the day and year in this certificate first above written.

Notary Public for the State of Illinois.

Notary Signature

(SEAL)

Name

Residing at

Commission Expires

04-14-2010 Sent 129F

11-08-2010 SWEET PINK

11-16-2010 Visa received

12-03-2010 POE: Chicago, IL

12-10-2010 Married in Civil Court

Timeline

Here is my timeline, hope it will assist newcoming in anyway. Although they did not ask us for a timeline

Zachary Huy-Thong Vu

XXXXXX

City, State Zip code

U.S. Consulate General.

Immigrant Visa Section

4 Le Duan St., District 01,

Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.

Re: Timeline of relationship with my fiancée, Vi Phuong Le (DOB: Month/day/year- Case number HCM XXXXXXXXXX)

I, Zachary Huy-Thong Vu, a citizen of the United States, am the fiancé of Vi Phuong Le. The following is a sworn affidavit documenting the timeline of our relationship from April of 2008 to the present.

About two and half years ago, probably around the end of March 2008, I'd called my aunt, Binh Vu and talked to her. She is one of my closest aunts with whom I contacted frequently to talk when I have problems. Then I asked her if she knew anyone that I could be friend with, a companion. I also told her that I wasn't looking for a relationship yet, because I just got out of a six-year relationship. Her answer was yes, but requested me to call her back in a few days. After couple days passed, I called her again. She gave me a telephone number and her name is Vi. And that was how I knew Vi.

Beginning of April 2008, while driving home alone from a dinner buffet with my family, I remembered my aunt, Binh, had given me Vi's cell phone number, so I'd contact Vi and we introduced ourselves. We talked for about half an hour, and I arrived home, then I said goodbye to her, and promised that I would call her in the near future.

On my way to work in the next morning, I couldn't help myself, I had called her again. I asked her if she knew how to chat via Yahoo Messenger. I told her we could see each other via our webcams. She agreed but we could only chat on Sundays when she was not working.

April 05, 2008 was Vi's birthday, I contacted my friend, Duong Nguyen who came back to Vietnam visiting his wife, to send ninety-nine roses and a teddy bear to Vi. Then Vi and I kept in touch with each other via phone calls as the telephone records showed.

By the end of the year, I was ready to make a big step that I told her I would come back to Vietnam and meet her in person. She happily agreed and I just couldn't wait a moment longer.

On Dec 18th 2008, I traveled back to Vietnam. After an exhausting fly, I finally arrived to Ho Chi Minh City. I tried to leave the airport as fast as I was able to because I knew that Vi and my aunt, Binh were waiting patiently for me. During my first trip back visit Vi, we had travelled to Ham Tan, Binh Thuan to visit my aunt and uncle who lived there. We also went to the beach, sightseeing. We also went to Nha Trang along with my cousin Dung and his wife, Phuong, and did some shopping around Ben Thanh Market. We also spent time together on Christmas & New Year, we went to an outdoor restaurant, picked by Vi's older brother, Cuong to celebrate Vi's mother birthday on Jan 7th . Our precious time together had been cutting short because I had to return home in the States on Jan 8th 2009. Saying goodbye to Vi was the hardest thing for we'd unexpectedly developed a deeper connection beyond a platonic friendship. And I promised Vi that I would see her again very soon.

Back in the States, I missed Vi very much and wished I was still there in Vietnam. I called her and we talked on the phone for hours. I expressed my feelings to her and how I missed those days with her by my side. She also told me she felt the same way.

A few months passed by our feelings for each other grew stronger, and I couldn't wait to see her again, this time I would stay a little longer as I told her. We continued talk with each other over telephone, Yahoo's Video Messenger and Skype's Video Messenger.

In August 2009, 2010, I'd made my second trip to Vietnam. My trip lasted for one month. I was there from Aug 24th to Sep 26th. I was thrilled and anxious to see Vi again after months being apart. However, I was still nervous and didn't know what to say when I saw her. We went onto the taxi that took us to Hoang Gia Huy Hotel where I stayed for my second trip.

During my second trip visit Vi, we made plans that we will travel to Malaysia and Singapore for seven days using Saigon Tourist as our tour guide. While travel to Malaysia and Singapore we met Quang and Nga, a lovely young couple who were in our tour group. We have lot of funs together, we visited lots of attractions such as: the temple, museums, the Petroleum Twin Tower in Malaysia, and in Singapore we visited Botanical Garden, Sentosa Island, Musical Dorm and many more.

Unfortunately, my four weeks in Vietnam finally came to an end. It was time for me to come back to the States. I couldn't even utter a word goodbye to Vi. I'd held her in my arms and told her how much I love her and again promised to be back with her.

After leaving Vietnam, I was sad, not wanting to do anything except talking to Vi on the phones. Our feelings for one another grew stronger with each passing day. I have told her that I love her very much and wished she would be my wife.

Around March 2010, I expressed my desires to marry Vi to my parents and they had called Vi's mother to discuss our engagement. Then on Mar 18th , 2010 I took my third trip back to Vietnam, this trip was three weeks. We mostly stayed in Ho Chi Minh City, we also visited Ho Tram Osaka for 1 day and hang out with her brother, Cuong and his friend in Vung Tau. During my third trip here in Vietnam, we had obtained necessary documents so I could return to the States and file K1 Visa Application for Vi.

Back here in the States, I started gathering all my documents together and spent time at visajourney.com where people around the world lending supports and helping each other with their loves one still left behind overseas. Then I finally sent out our application on April 14th, 2010 .

Back in Vietnam, I had asked Vi's mother to visit one of the town's elders to pick out a perfect day for us to have our engagement party, according to the Vietnamese traditions. Within a few days, she'd personally called my parents and confirmed the day which would be November 21, 2010. Hence, this coming November, I, accompany by my parents, sister, and nephew, will travel to Vietnam for my engagement ceremony and party.

Meanwhile, Vi and I still remain in contact when we're apart from each other. We also intend to marry and look forward to starting our lives together as husband and wife when she arrives here in the U.S.

I, Zachary Huy-Thong Vu, a citizen of the United States and currently reside at (Your Address), do hereby state that the following is true and accurate the best of my knowledge.

______________________________ _______________________________

Name Signature

---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ----

State of

County of

On this _____ day of _____________, 2010, before me, a Notary Public for said County and State, personally appeared ______________________, known or identified to me, to be the person whose name is subscribed to the within instrument, and acknowledged to me that he executed the same.

IN WITNESS WHEREOF, I have hereunto set my hand and affixed my official seal the day and year in this certificate first above written.

Notary Public for the State of Illinois.

Notary Signature

(SEAL)

Name

Residing at

Commission Expires

Very nice. Our cup runneth over.kicking.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Until I got here I never new a timeline was expected at the time of the interview. And Yes I am a adult. And yes I'm married to someone half way around the world. I'm here to learn as much as i can from the awesome people here willing to share their experiences with each other. I'm not here to bash people for their lack of knowledge. Thank you very much.

Timeline

lol. I'd say this forum is a very good source of food (knowledge). . . Glad I found it. And a Big Thank You to those that have been willing to share their experiences with others. As of Sept 03,2010 we wait only for a interview date. Any information I can find that will help my wife pass her interview I will use. Part of being a adult is looking for as much information as possible and using those resources to your advantage. . . Thanks VisaJourney

Timeline

Until I got here I never new a timeline was expected at the time of the interview. And Yes I am a adult. And yes I'm married to someone half way around the world. I'm here to learn as much as i can from the awesome people here willing to share their experiences with each other. I'm not here to bash people for their lack of knowledge. Thank you very much.

Don't feed the trolls.whistling.gif

Very nice. Our cup runneth over.kicking.gif

Thank you for sharing your timeline first. :)

04-14-2010 Sent 129F

11-08-2010 SWEET PINK

11-16-2010 Visa received

12-03-2010 POE: Chicago, IL

12-10-2010 Married in Civil Court

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

two posts removed for personal attacks. any further insults within this thread will result in heavier moderation action.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline

two posts removed for personal attacks. any further insults within this thread will result in heavier moderation action.

Does Otto weigh more than you? :whistle:

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Does Otto weigh more than you? :whistle:

:lol:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Only 4 timelines are in the the thread. Really not worth pinning at this point.

My Timeline is almost the same as Scott's (format,not content). It was accepted when we had to submit additional documents. Those were1) Timeline, 2) My residence for 10 years and who lived with me, 3) Same info from fiancee, 4) Fiancee's relatives in US (address and proof of same)

I am at work and do not have it with me. I will try to post it tomorrow. Mine was much shorter than the examples I have seen so far, but it must have been OK because we got pink! I got the format a while ago off the internet, it was from a lawyer.(We did not use one) I think what you suggest is a good idea and will help many people in the future.

K-1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center: Vermont Service Center

Consulate: Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam

I-129f Sent: 2010-03-06

I-129f NOA1: 2010-03-08

I-129f RFE(s): None

RFE Reply(s): None

I-129f NOA2: 2010-05-25(78 days)

NVC Received: 2010-05-26

NVC Left: 2010-05-27(per NVC operator)

Consulate Received: 2010-06-01

Packet 3 Received: 2010-06-15

Packet 4 Received: 2010-09-11(88 days)

Interview Date: 2010-10-06(25 days)

Interview Result: Blue

Resubmit documents: 2010-11-03

Result: PINK!!!

Visa Received: 2010-11-10

POE: 2010-11-21(Houston, Texas)

Marriage: 2010-12-17

I-485 & I-765 Sent: 2011-01-15

NOA1 Received: 2011-01-2

Biometrics Appointment received: 2011-1-29

Biometric Appointment Date: 2011-2-15

Transfer Date: 2011-2-15

EAD Received: 2011-03-11

I-485 Approval: 2011-3-28

Green Card Received: 2011-4-02

I-751 Sent via FedEx: 2013-01-19

I-751 NOA Received: 2013-01-28

Timeline

My Timeline is almost the same as Scott's (format,not content). It was accepted when we had to submit additional documents. Those were1) Timeline, 2) My residence for 10 years and who lived with me, 3) Same info from fiancee, 4) Fiancee's relatives in US (address and proof of same)

I am at work and do not have it with me. I will try to post it tomorrow. Mine was much shorter than the examples I have seen so far, but it must have been OK because we got pink! I got the format a while ago off the internet, it was from a lawyer.(We did not use one) I think what you suggest is a good idea and will help many people in the future.

That would be awesome if you are able to. Don't worry about size. Mine was only a page and short and sweet and I got a pink.good.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

That would be awesome if you are able to. Don't worry about size. Mine was only a page and short and sweet and I got a pink.good.gif

Following is the timeline that got us pink!

(Petitioner)

(Beneficiary)

U.S.Consulate General

Immigration Visa Sectio4 Le Duan ST.,District 01,

Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam

Re: Timeline of relationship with my fiancee,(Beneficiary),(DOB: MM/DD/YYYY)

Case # XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

I,(Petitioner), a citizen of the U.S. am the fiance of(Beneficiary). The following is a sworn affidacit documenting the timeline of our relationship.

during( MM/DD/YYYY) to present.

After trying several other dating websites(E-harmony, Match.com, Yahoo Personals, ect.) I joined VietnamCupid, a dating website on 7-Oct.-2009.

on 18-Oct.-2009, I received a message from(Beneficiary). I was amazed that this beautiful woman would have an interest in me. We started

communicating on Yahoo Messenger and webcam. We talked for hours getting to know each other's personality. I found we had a lot in common,

as marital status, interests, and goals. It was during this time we thought we may have a future together. As our relationship grew, she and I both realized

that we had found in each other what we had been seeking for a very long time. We both looked forward to meeting in person, to find out if this relationship

was really our dreams come true.

Upon finally meeting, the chemistry between us was felt immediately. It was as if we had been together for a long time. We were instantly freinds, the comfort

level was more than either of us expected. Our time together was intense, our love for each other, deep and profound. We laughed together, we cried together.

The pain of our being separated weighed heavily on our hearts. We will endure, as our love is strong. We will be friends and lovers for the rest of our lives as

husband and wife. We will make it so, no matter what obstacles are put in our path.

18-Oct-2009 Start communicating on VietnamCupid

18-Oct-2009 After about 10 minutes start comminicating on Yahoo Messenger and webcam

5-Nov-2009 Both of decide that this has become serious and remove our profiles fronm VietnanCupid

22-Nov-2009 Informal marriage proposal via internet(Yahoo Messenger-10:00 AM CST)

4-Feb-2010 Meet in person, confirm love for each other(Location)

5-Feb-2010 Formal proposal(time and location), fiance say yes!

6-Feb-2010 Purchase engagement ring(Location)

7-Feb-2010 First meeting with fiancee's entire family. Family approve and give us their blessing.

9-Feb-2010 Come to fiancee's house, pick up her daughter and go to city zoo.

10-Feb-2010 Formal proposal of marriage with family present and engagement ceremony.(Location)

14-Feb-2010 Celebrate Lunar New Year at fiancee's family home, entire family present

16-Feb-2010 Return to U.S., fiancee cry at airport

6-Mar-2010 Send I-129f to Vermont Service Center

8-Mar-2010 Vermont Service receive petition

10-Mar-2010 Receive I-797C (NOA-1)

20-May-2010 I-129f Approved

24-May-2010 I-129f Approval mailed

25-May-2010 I-797 Received (NOA-2)

26-May-2010 National Visa Center receive approval letter from USCIS

27-May-2010 National Visa Center send to consulate HCMC, Vietnam

01-Jun-2010 Consulate received

15-Jun-2010 Packet 3 received

17-Jun-2010 Packet 3 hand delivered to consulate

09-Sept-2010 Packet 4 received by mail to fiancee's home

02-Oct-2010 Arrive HCMC for second visit, prepare for interview

04-Oct-2010 Purchase matching wedding rings(Location)

06-Oct-2010 Interview

06-Oct-2010 Interview result, OF-194,Visa denial, RE: Submit additional documents

09-Oct-2010 Have Sunday dinner at fiancee's home (time)

12-Oct-2010 Return to U.S., due to employer requirements

03-Nov-2010 Submit additional documents 2 Trips to Vietnam Total 23 days

I have finally found the woman I have looked for all my life. She is everything to me. I love her with all my being and wish to spend the rest

of my life with her. Even though we are thousands of miles apart, we are together in heart and mind. It is uncanny that she often knows what I am going to say before I say it. Her ability to communicate in English is more than adequate. In her I have found the qualities I have missed in the past. She is kind, quiet, responsible, trustworthy, playful, sincere, passionate, and most of all loving.

I believe in marriage the most important things are trust, to love and be loved in return. I have definetly found this with (Beneficiary)

(Beneficiary) and I remain in contact while we are apart from each other. I am legally free to and willing to marry(Beneficiary) within 90 days of her arrival.

We intend to marry and look forward to starting our lives togethr as man and wife when she arrives in the U.S.

I,(Petitioner), a citizen of the U.S and currently reside at(Address) do hereby state that the following is true and accurate to the best of my knowledge.

Name Signature

State of

County of

On this (Date) before me , a Notary Public for said county and state, personally appeared(Petitioner), known or identified, to be the person

whose whose name subscribed to the within instrument, and acknowledged to me that he executed the same.

IN WITNESS THEREOF, I have hereunto set my hand and affixed my official seal the day and year in this certificate first above written.

Notary Signature

Name

Residing at

Commission Expires

K-1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center: Vermont Service Center

Consulate: Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam

I-129f Sent: 2010-03-06

I-129f NOA1: 2010-03-08

I-129f RFE(s): None

RFE Reply(s): None

I-129f NOA2: 2010-05-25(78 days)

NVC Received: 2010-05-26

NVC Left: 2010-05-27(per NVC operator)

Consulate Received: 2010-06-01

Packet 3 Received: 2010-06-15

Packet 4 Received: 2010-09-11(88 days)

Interview Date: 2010-10-06(25 days)

Interview Result: Blue

Resubmit documents: 2010-11-03

Result: PINK!!!

Visa Received: 2010-11-10

POE: 2010-11-21(Houston, Texas)

Marriage: 2010-12-17

I-485 & I-765 Sent: 2011-01-15

NOA1 Received: 2011-01-2

Biometrics Appointment received: 2011-1-29

Biometric Appointment Date: 2011-2-15

Transfer Date: 2011-2-15

EAD Received: 2011-03-11

I-485 Approval: 2011-3-28

Green Card Received: 2011-4-02

I-751 Sent via FedEx: 2013-01-19

I-751 NOA Received: 2013-01-28

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.