recentlymarried!!

joint evidence of marriage for interview in LA

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi!

Hubby and i are going for our interview in LA August 12th.

We've gathered a significant about of documentation etc. One thing we don't have both our names on is our utilities: Phone and Electricity. They only allow one name on the account!!!

Does anyone else have this problem?? Surely i am not the only one! I have my name on both of those, in my married name which i will bring, but how come other people can get both spouses names on their utilities???

its frustrating coz we've only been married 6 months and we only have a limited amount of joint evidences: bank, car insurance (no health insurance as we aren't working at the moment) costco membership, apartment leases (from both places we've lived together so far) and thats pretty much it!

Is this enough??

We have a marriage certificate, proof of a plane ticket as i was meant to return to Australia, emails, heaps of photos, receipts from wedding stuff and other trips, various christmas and wedding cards to both of us, affidavit from my parents stating we are a real married couple, brochures of a bible study we lead with our pictures and contact details, a printout of our wedding vows from our minister, our wedding catering invoice and thats about it.

Anyone have any advice who is in the same boat as us who already did their interview???? Would REALLY appreciate any help.

I never seem to get many replies on VJ. There are so many others who get tonnes of replies and i hardly do, esp. when i really need help and advice.

:)

hey just gather what u can and that should be enough

good luck

abby n sheryl

Our time line for CR1 visa took only 5 months and 1 week or 156 days; from the filing the I-130 on the 03-12-2009 to Approval of NOA2 on the 05/13/2009, then Interview on the 08/18/2009 at Manila, Philippines. We had a daughter on the 11-12-2010 named AISHA JOY means HAPPY LIFE.a1_opt-1.jpga2_opt-1.jpga3_opt-1.jpg

It sounds to me like your list of evidence is good. You have a lot for 6 months of marriage. When my husband and I did AOS we didn't even have a joint bank account. We were approved at interview.

The utility bill issue is very common. I think it's more common for the companies to allow only one person on the account, rather than 2.

Did you arrive on a visitor's visa? That may be why you get fewer replies. Fewer people here on VJ adjust that way so it may be harder to answer your questions.

We were VWP adjusters, similar to yours. Good luck!

24q38dy.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

When hubby and I had our interview we were married 4 months, we basically had pictures and joint bank accounts. We had nothing else and got approved after FBI name check you are good to go.

Why is it that the only one who can stop the crying is the one who started it in the first place?

More Complete Story here
My Saga includes 2 step sons
USC Married 4/2007 Colombian on overstay since 2001 of B1/B2 visa
Applied 5/2007 Approved GC in Hand 10/2007
I-751 mailed 6/30/09 aapproved 11/7/09 The BOYS I-751 Mailed 12/29/09 3/23/10 Email approval for 17 CR 3/27/10
4/14/10 Email approval for 13 yr Old CR 4/23/10

Oldest son now 21 I-130 filed by LPR dad ( as per NVC CSPA is applying here )
I-130 approved 2/24
Priority date 12/6/2007
4/6/2010 letter from NVC arrives to son dated 3/4/2010
5/4/10 received AOS and DS3032 via email
9/22/10 Interview BOG Passed
10/3/10 POE JFK all went well
11/11/10 GC Received smile.png

We didn`t have even close to what you have.... No utility bills or any kind insurance... No lease... The only thing with both our names on it was a bank account and my husband`s IRA with me as a beneficiary. We also had a couple of affidavits from family members. And that was it. We didn`t have any problems at the interview.

I think you`re good to go! Just bring everything you got and you`re fine! Good Luck!

Sometime in 11/2006 --- Met online

09/26/2008 --- Got married

04/03/2009 --- AOS package sent

07/13/2009 --- Interview in Detroit,MI. Approved!!!

07/25/2009 --- GC received! Total: 3 months 12 days from NOA1 to GC mailboxhappy.gif

05/17/2011 --- ROC package sent

05/25/2011 --- NOA1 received

06/27/2011 --- Biometrics

10/17/2011 --- Approved! confetti.gif

10/21/2011 --- Received Permanent GC

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

You can tell the Utility company to add your spouse by putting in c/o for your spouse. For example:

Joe Doe

c/o Jane Doe

5555 N Main st

Los Angeles CA

That is what we did and that was sufficient. We did it with So CA Edison and the Gas Co. For LA, look at the review section to see the last reviews for that office. Good Luck!

Filed: Timeline

thank you for the replies! They were really helpful and made me feel a little more at ease! Thank you Trillium for your helpful words. yes i did adjust from a VWP. Totally spontaneous and in fact i didn't even know the Spouse visa (K1 etc) existed until after we submitted AOS etc!!

Oh E-man thanks for the helpful tip about the 'c/o' thing on utilities, i think i will do that!

Good luck everyone else who has an upcoming interview!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.