jackbauer

Claiming on basis of ancestry?

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
I recently found out that my great great grandmother was a full blooded american (born and raised in ny). I have the paperwork to prove it...

Does that allow me to file for citizenship? Thanks!

No

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
I recently found out that my great great grandmother was a full blooded american (born and raised in ny). I have the paperwork to prove it...

Good question, I know Italy wants me back, that is nice to know, not only offered me an Italian passport, but citizenship as well because my grandparents are from there, I am 3rd generation. Can say no special privileges by being a veteran of a foreign war, was treated like a crook like anyone else by the USCIS, and the USCIS affects the natural born citizen just like his spouse from a foreign country. Spent five years proving our innocence. My wife could have been deported, and I fined and imprisoned according to their threats.

Then being told by a bunch of kids that weren't even capable of wiping their own behinds, what you can, and cannot do, where to go, when to go, and to be there. It was a very humiliating and degrading experience. If anyone should be deported, should be the USCIS. Some of the IO's we had couldn't even speak English!

Really doesn't answer your question, but I sincerely doubt it, USCIS is telling us nine years to bring my wife's unmarried over 21 son here.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

for the US, citizenship can be passed by parentage not grand parentage

YMMV

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

for the US, citizenship can be passed by parentage not grand parentage

If the child is under 18 years when you file your application and is a LPR. If that child is 18 years and one day old, can't apply with the parent, we ran across that obstacle as well. Mainly caused by excessive delays in our AOS, can only wonder if that was intentional so we have to pay an additional 670 bucks and child has to wait another couple of years.

Filed: Other Timeline

You need to measure the amount of Native American blood in your veines. If you have at least 25%, you can claim to be of American Indian descent. Now do the math . . .

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism. When I refer to hyphenated Americans, I do not refer to naturalized Americans. Some of the very best Americans I have ever known were naturalized Americans, Americans born abroad. But a hyphenated American is not an American at all . . . . The one absolutely certain way of bringing this nation to ruin, of preventing all possibility of its continuing to be a nation at all, would be to permit it to become a tangle of squabbling nationalities, an intricate knot of German-Americans, Irish-Americans, English-Americans, French-Americans, Scandinavian-Americans or Italian-Americans, each preserving its separate nationality, each at heart feeling more sympathy with Europeans of that nationality, than with the other citizens of the American Republic . . . . There is no such thing as a hyphenated American who is a good American. The only man who is a good American is the man who is an American and nothing else.

President Teddy Roosevelt on Columbus Day 1915

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

US Citizenship through a grandparent – a guide from the initiated

http://isranglo.wordpress.com/2007/03/13/u...-the-initiated/

K1 1/18/06 Fedex VSC

1/20/06 Package delivered to VSC (Day 1)

1/24/06 Check was cashed

1/24/06 NOA1 (Day 4)

2/2/06 NOA2 Approved (Day 13)

2/7/06 Case number assigned at NVC (Day 18)

2/16/06 Received Medical, requested Police record, paid Visa fee at post office

2/20/06 Mailed in her Checklist and DS-230 P1-Never received her Packet 3 (Day 31)

3/06/06 Received Packet 4 in the mail (Day 45)

3/07/06 Mailed in 2 photos and copy of passport photo page

4/24/06 Interview BNK Embassy (Day 94)

4/25/06 Received K1 Visa

5/09/06 Entered the USA at POE Chicago

5/19/06 Applied for SS#

6/21/06 Received SS#

7/01/06 Our Wedding Day

7/07/06 Changed name on SS Card

7/19/06 US Civil Surgeon Supplement $43.00

AOS 7/26/06 Mailed out the AOS to Chicago Lockbox (AOS day 0)

8/10/06 Received 3 Notice of Actions AOS, EAD, AP (Day 15)

8/19/06 Received RFE for financials...I already gave them everything! ??????

8/21/06 Biometrics in Manchester NH 11:00 AM (Day 26)

8/24/06 Mailed RFE financials again (Day 29)

9/07/06 Transfered to CSC (Day 43)

9/22/06 Received Welcome Notice email (Day 58)

9/28/06 Received "Approved" email

9/30/06 Received Green Card in Mail (Day 64)

I-751 06/20/08 Mailed out

06/25/08 NOA Received

01/26/09 Biometrics appointment

02/12/09 Transfered from VSC to CSC

04/05/09 Approval

06/30/09 Mailed N-400 to Texas

07/06/09 NOA

07/29/09 Biometric Appt

08/13/09 IL Reeived

09/21/09 Passed

10/16/09 Oath and Passport Application

?Notify S.S. of Citizenship

?Passport Received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.