678 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline

i am currently getting help my state congressmans immgration liasion to check the status of my file, but i wanted to ask a question.. Should I or can I also hire an immigration lawyer to help me with my case? or is my state congressman imigration liasion enough>> will it interfere with anything if i use both? or should i just stay with my congressman??

PLEASE HELP!!!

NVC JOURNEY:

09/21/09: AOS Fee ($70)Requested, And DS3032 Copy Sent To Me By Mail

09/28/09: Emailed Husband DS3032 For Him To Fill Out And Mail

10/01/09: Husband Sent DS3032 To NVC Via Express Mail

10/05/09: Paid AOS Fee Online

10/06/09: Status Shows Paid on Payment Site

10/14/09: DS3032 Aproved and IV Fee Bill Recieved by mail

10/15/09: Paid IV Fee Online

10/16/09: Status shows paid on payment site

10/17/09: Emailed Husband DS230 Part 1 & 2 Along With All Required Info for him to fill out/and send

10/23/09: I864 Sent Via USPS Regular Mail (Took a long time to find sponsors :(

10/26/09: Husband Sent DS230 Along With All Documents To NVC Via EXPRESS MAIL

11/06/09: NVC Recieved All Our Documents & Case is in review

11/10/09: Case still being reviewed as per AVR..

12/04/09: RFE!! DS230 Question about where he's lived since the age of 16 has a gap! Another setback!! :'(

12/05/09: Sent out completed DS230 EXPRESS MAIL!

12/10/09: AVR States DS230 Checklist recieved..

12/16/09: SIGN-IN FAILED!!!

12/17/09: CASE COMPLETE AT NVC!!

INTERVIEW DATE: 02/17/10!!! DENIED FOR NO APPARENT REASON.. :'(

• Replies 677
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline

omg someone help me.. i havent posted here since our interview because it hasent gone wel for us at all.. :crying::crying:

We had our interview on Wednesday February 17th,2010 at 7:15 am.. WE WERE THERE EARLY. (I CAME WITH MY HUSBAND TO THE INTERVIEW)

WE WAITED THERE AND WERE CALLED FOR THE FIRST TIME AT AROUND 9 AM:

well, the 1st time they called my husband was an ecuadorian young female spoke to my husband in spanish was very nice and just collected his paperwork. asked him basic questions about his spouse(ME). I didnt go up with him the first time. She asked him my full name,dob, where i lived how long were we married and if we had a honeymoon and looked at his ring. then she told him to go take fingerprints and have a seat. the second time we were called by the white lady who spoke horrible spanish btw.. we were holding hands as she asked us the questions. she asked if we had a honey moon, for how many days, where did we go, she looked at our honeymonn pics, didnt say anything about them, then asked if we had marriage rings and looked inside them. we were legally married on may 9th, 2009, but on our rings it said may 8,2009. (it was a mistake made by the jeweler which we didnt even realize until the day of the wedding whish is when we went to pick up the rings. so we explained that mistake to them. and that we havent fixed the date on the rings because we havent wnated to take them off and we really havent had the time. she then asked me until when i was staying in ecuador and i said till feb 25th. she then write something in front of our file and stuck it under 2 other ppls files. and she said ok have a seat. we then were called for the 3rd time at around 3 pm. i went up with my husband. it was an older ecuadorian woman, very cold, super serious. she saw me and told me to go wait upstairs, that she would ask my husband some questions first. about 30-40 minutes go by and she calls me down and my husband goes up. she started askin me questions like wats my husband full name, dob, how we first met. since when we have been dating, when we got engaged, did he give me an engagement ring, (which he did, but i honestly lost it & i did tell her that) she wanted dates. i gave her approximates(like for example i said he gave me an engagement ring on last week of january.) i couldn't recall exactly when it was, but i knew it was the last week of jan so thats what i told her. if he had gone to my house to ask for my hand in marriage and when. (again i only gave estimates) where was the wedding held, how many ppl went, did we had invitations or just word of mouth, our was just about 25-30 ppl. my husband said about 25 ppl and i said about 30 so i dont know if that means we goi this question wrong or not?? how much did the whole party cost and what did it cover? did we have a dj? who paid for the wedding? how much were the wedding rings and who paid for them? husband said 250 when i said 350!! i told them they were 350 but since he didnt pay for it maybe he forgot.. what current methods of bc are we using, we both said none. *NOTE* that question she asked us both about 3 times during the whole interview.. super random, very wierd though. she also asked when was the last time we had sex,(which I thnk is about too much information & invasion of privacy) we answered a couple of hrs ago.. lol... where are we staying. we gave the name of the hotel and the reciept.. she asked where did we stay for our first night as husband and wife. wat time the party ended. wat gifts did we recieve from family and friends, were my parents present at our wedding?( my mom was) and after the wedding were did we stay.. and that was it. i could of sworn we got it cuz we answered everything right exept for those 2 questions. but we were sure and we are a REAL couple and very much in love. and no matter how prepared you are you cant help to get nervous and im guessing thats what got the best of us, and they probably percieved it as us lying... i really dont know what to do... AT THE END THEY CALLED MY HUSBAND BACK UP AND GAVE HIM A BLUE SLIP AND SAID, GO TO DHL AND THEY WILL TELL U WHAT TO DO. [...] I DUNNO IF WE WERE APPROVED OR DENIED OR WHAT. THEY DIDNT ASK FOR ANY MORE EVIDENCE. THEY KEPT ALL THE PAPERWORK MY HUSBAND GAVE TO THEM INCLUDING HIS PASSPORT.

I emailed the consulate on March 01st and this is the reply they gave me:

We suggest you to contact DHL service in Ecuador. Our office sent an explanation letter, informing you that Mr. XXXXXX’ immigrant visa petition is being returned to the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) through the National Visa Center with a request that they revoke approval of this petition. The NVC then forwards the case to the DHS office that approved the I-130 petition. DHS will now have jurisdiction over your case and further inquiries should be directed to them.

omg... i am so worried. what the hell happened!!??? i am so depressed!! how do i contact the DHS to speed up our case??? honestly if i have no word from our case till the end of next month, im going to ecuador to be with my husband... WE DONT NEED THE GOD DAMN VISA TO BE TOGETHER AND I HONESTLY CAN'T BE ALONE ANY LONGER WITHOUT MY HUSBAND. i just applied for the visa for him because i wanted him to be here with me and assumed we would be together alot quicker. and since i have a good job, i wanted him to come here, both of us work for 2-3 years save up money and invest in a business in ecuador and all move back to ecuador. thank god im a citizen though so i can go see him whenever i want but its such an inconvenience because i work. but if it means quitting my job and living in ecuador with my husband i will do it. i just dont understand why the us consulate in guayaquil is run so poorly and treats people like there garbage! :crying::crying:

I understand your pain!!! My husband interview was on Feb 18th and the consular actually told my husband that he does not love me and he feels i am being paid for my husband to come to america....I have been sick every since and have not been able to move forward... I envy you for actually being able to go stay with your husband...I have a 9 year old daughter and know i couldnt liive without her and she couldnt be comfortable in a new country. At this time i assume it is time for me to start checking on whats next but i am definitely planning a trip back to tunisia. If you find any info that may benifit me as well please share...but for now good luck!!!

5yftnmj7al.png

Marriage : 2009-05-15

I-130 Sent : 2009-06-23

delivered : 2009-06-25

check cashed 2009-07-02

I-130 NOA1 : 2009-06-30

I 130 NOA2: 2009-09-10

NVC RECIEVED: 2009-09-24 YAAAAAY!! WE ARE ON OUR WAY !!

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2009-10-01

Pay I-864 Bill 2009-10-01

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2009-10-01

Receive I-864 Package : 2009-10-06

Return Completed I-864 : 2009-10-14

NVC Recieved I-864: 2009-10-16

Return Completed DS-3032 : 2009-10-01

pay iv bill:2009-10-31

Sent DS230: 2009-11-12

DS230 delivered : 2009-11-15

checklist for DS230 received:2009-11-23

Sign-on Failed:2009-12-23

Interview assigned: 2009-12-29

Interview Date February 18, 2009

event.png

• 6 months later...
Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

To all my friends here or new friends here:

Please vote our son for gerber, 1 vote per day, and u can vote everyday until october 31, 2010

voters from USA only, please vote our son, after the vote please wait the confirmation to your email ad

so that the vote is counting. thanks a lot please need ur vote for our son. this is not a SCAM.

need all your support.

please click the link below:

http://www.gerber.co...14&%2F#/detail/

SHIELA and TODD

Timeline for my Mother

April 19, 2013 - submit the form I-130

April 22, 2013 - Receive the NOA1

July 29, 2013 - Approved NOA2 ( 82 working days)

July 30, 2013 - USCIS shipped my documents to NVC

Aug 5, 2013 - Arrived at NVC Building

Aug 13, 2013 - Got the NVC case # via PHONE

Aug 14, 2013 - Got the Invoice # via PHONE

Aug 15, 2013 - Send my DS-3032 via Email

Aug 16, 2013 - AOS Pay

Aug 17, 2013 - Got an email to print the COVER SHEET

Aug 21, 2013 - send the AOS overnight at NVC

Aug 28, 2013 - Accept the DS-3032

Aug 30, 2013 - IV BILL pay and Documents Sent to NVC receive the checklist AOS.

September 19, 2013 Sent back the checklist

September 20, 2013 Sept 26, arrived @ NVC

Sept 30,2013 - already encode to their system

ADVANCE MEDICAL @ St. Luke - SEPTEMBER 23, 2013

CASE COMPLETE AS OF TODAY : OCTOBER 23,2013

NOVEMBER 1 , 2013 -Documents left at NVC - Your case is in transit to the Consular Section. Your interview date was provided to you by the National Visa Center

NOVEMBER 4, 2013 Delivered - Signed for by : CEZAR NARTEA

NOVEMBER 5, 2013 - CEAC Case Creation Date: 13-Aug-2013 Status Updated Date: 05-Nov-2013 Your case is ready for your interview when scheduled at the U.S. Consular section. If you have already scheduled an appointment for an interview, please prepare your documents as directed in your appointment letter and appear at the consulate on the appointed date and time. Otherwise, please wait until you have received interview scheduling instructions.

DECEMBER 09, 2013 INTERVIEW DATE FOR MY MOTHER ( scheduled by NVC)

RESCHEDULED ONLINE for my mother interview early, NOVEMBER 18, 2013 - PASSED THE INTERVIEW!!!

11-18-2013 ceac -AP

11-20-2013 ceac - READY

11-21-2013 ceac - ISSUED

11-25-2013 -2go -- transit

11-26-2013 - VISA ON HAND

12-05-2013 - scheduled fly to USA.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.