34 posts in this topic

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If it is IR-1, it should be much better.

But if it is CR-1/CR-2, you have to add additional cost for I-751 lifting the condition after 2 years, which will add additional cost and efforts to deal with USCIS again.

Also if your wife needs to go through N400, add another cost/effort.

Otherwise they needs to renew it every 10 years, which will be additional cost, too.

I wish USCIS have life-time membership, which can work for him/her and immediate family to save the cost by paying one-time cost for any future USCIS petition, and no more fee forever.

Not sure if anyone has tracked the costs on the CR-1/IR-1 process

Wife and 3 kids

1420 USCIS 355 x 4

1670 NVC 70 x 1 400 x 4

150 Shipping of docs so far

175 ordering Docs 35 x 5

120 passport photos

775 Medical / passport photo 275 and 150 x 3 another 50 in photos / Gas / additional 50 x 4 to have docs shipped not included ?

2400 trip to consulate and more passport photos

2700 trip to get family here flights

3000 U-Haul of House hold items/gas

Estimated total cost $12,410 ( not including any visits x 4 to see my family )

I'm broke!

Filed: Country: Mexico
Timeline
When I started the process I never knew how much and wish I did, was expecting the USCIS and NVC costs, and a little more for moving

I just think this list would be nice to have in advance, not to scare anyone, but to know.

you are not the only one who did not know we where going to be spending alot of money. I know u spent more havin 3 kids and all but i was also surpised lol I just thought it was the i130 and that was it but i did my reserch in time lol the gov. loves are money :)

12/28/2007-- Married in mexico

02/2/2009- Sent out I-130

02/06/2009-Noa1

04/27/2009-Noa2 Approved :)

05/02/2009-noa2 Hardcopy in the mail :)

05/18/09- Nvc case number and Ds-3032 also paid Aos bill

06/16/2009- paid IV bill

07/20/2009- sent out Aos ( yea I paid everything now im sending it. I was out of town with my hubby for 2months Thank God they let us pay online now only if we could send everything else online lol )

07/30/2009- Sent out DS-230

08/12/2009- Case Complete with NVC

09/01/2009- Visa interview has been scheduled for 10/05/2009. Letter by email.

Filed: Country: Mexico
Timeline

If it is IR-1, it should be much better.

But if it is CR-1/CR-2, you have to add additional cost for I-751 lifting the condition after 2 years, which will add additional cost and efforts to deal with USCIS again.

Also if your wife needs to go through N400, add another cost/effort.

Otherwise they needs to renew it every 10 years, which will be additional cost, too.

I wish USCIS have life-time membership, which can work for him/her and immediate family to save the cost by paying one-time cost for any future USCIS petition, and no more fee forever.

I know right i was thinking about that the other day I was like im not even almost done even when my hubby gets here we have alot ahead of us.

The i-751 is like 1,000 dollers and some change. But u know what after the I-751 u can do an I-90 thats what my aunt is doing and she has had her green card sence 1996. Im like why are u not a citzen yet take the test and the oth all ready so u stop spending so much money cuz the usics will suck u dry.

12/28/2007-- Married in mexico

02/2/2009- Sent out I-130

02/06/2009-Noa1

04/27/2009-Noa2 Approved :)

05/02/2009-noa2 Hardcopy in the mail :)

05/18/09- Nvc case number and Ds-3032 also paid Aos bill

06/16/2009- paid IV bill

07/20/2009- sent out Aos ( yea I paid everything now im sending it. I was out of town with my hubby for 2months Thank God they let us pay online now only if we could send everything else online lol )

07/30/2009- Sent out DS-230

08/12/2009- Case Complete with NVC

09/01/2009- Visa interview has been scheduled for 10/05/2009. Letter by email.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.