February 6th 06 - AOS Interview - APPROVED

February 16th 06 - Biometrics Appointment

February 22nd 06 - EAD Approved via e mail

February 27th 06 - EAD card in mail!!!

March 6th 06 - Got a job!

March 17th 06 - Green Card Approval via e mail

March 18th 06 - 'Welcome to America' letter arrives

March 24th 06 - Green Card Arrives!

"Never believe that a few caring people can't change the world.

For indeed, that's all who ever have."

Just spoken to the other half and we are both sooo mad. When we do send back the RFE with the 05 tax return we have decided we are also going to send a separate letter to the Director of the NBC (it says you can if you are unhappy with how your case is handled on the website).

We will be polite but just point out the fact that depreciation is not a loss of income and that our assets were way over what they require, and then we will ask for an explanation. All we can do, but maybe it will help someone else in the future if they then teach the officers what depreciation is!!

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Well, it hasn't cost you anything and is a pretty minor error compared to others.. for your own peace of mind, just send the new return if it's ready (I'd probably resend what I had before and highlight the assets, but that's me) and put it down to a one off error.

Again I ask (sort of rhetorically) what are they doing adjudicating your I-864 *at all*? The Service Center shouldn't have anything to do with it; that matter is supposed to be up to the officer in your District Office. If I'm misunderstanding that, I'd like to know.

Now That You Are A Permanent Resident

How Do I Remove The Conditions On Permanent Residence Based On Marriage?

Welcome to the United States: A Guide For New Immigrants

Yes, even this last one.. stuff in there that not even your USC knows.....

Here are more links that I love:

Arriving in America, The POE Drill

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

alt.visa.us.marriage-based http://britishexpats.com/ and www.***removed***.com

censored link = *family based immigration* website

Inertia. Is that the Greek god of 'can't be bothered'?

Met, married, immigrated, naturalized.

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

No Deje Piedras Sobre El Pavimento!

We got our RFE paperwork today and it is for the I864 and I now need to speak to someone about it, as we DO meet the requirements!!!

So I called the bloody USCIS number and held for 25 mins, then I was put to someone about the Affadavit, he said I needed to speak to an immigration officer and he put me to hold on another line for 30 mins. I finally got an answer and the 'foreign' (how ironic) guy on the phone said my voice was breaking up and he could not hear me, I said I was on a landline, he said he could not understand me & HUNG UP ON ME!!!!!

I am so p#ssed off right now and back holding on the first line again!! And all this because it looks like they have made a mistake :ranting:

Sarah

RELAX take a deep breath and then try and make an Infopass appointment.RELAX everything will work out for you in the end RELAX This I belive :thumbs:

Greg (USA)and Yai (Thailand)

02/10/04...Sent I-129F to Texas

05/10/04...TSC received I-129F

21/10/04...Receive NOA-1 from CSC.

09/11/04...By e-mail I-129F APPROVED and NOA-2mailed 08/Nov./04

12/11/04...Received NOA-2 from CSC.NVC received I-129F APPROVAL from USCIC

16/11/04...Receive e-mail from NVC,entering approved petetion into the system and assigned a case #

20/11/04...Receive letter from NVC they have I-129F and assiagned a BNK case #

29/11/04...Turn in DS-230part 1 and check list to US Consulate Thailand.They also asked for 2 photos of Yai at this time.Did not recieve interview date at this time due to person assigning dates left for the day.Will recieve date in the mail,took 1 hour

07/12/04...Yai recieves letter with instrutions about interview from US Consulate with invterview date

24/02/05...Pay Visa fee in Bangkok at Post office

01/03/05...Yai has visa interview

02/03/05...We pick up Visa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

02/06/05...Welcome to the U.S.A.

04/15/06...Offical marriage in U.S.A.(Tax Day) ;) ;)

Everything we have done was without the help of an attorney.We have not had any problems thus far and will not,I believe.

Lovekindness will enable this life and many more to most enjoyable. .^_^.

Well, it hasn't cost you anything and is a pretty minor error compared to others.. for your own peace of mind, just send the new return if it's ready (I'd probably resend what I had before and highlight the assets, but that's me) and put it down to a one off error.

Again I ask (sort of rhetorically) what are they doing adjudicating your I-864 *at all*? The Service Center shouldn't have anything to do with it; that matter is supposed to be up to the officer in your District Office. If I'm misunderstanding that, I'd like to know.

Highlighting the assets is a good idea thank you, we will do that.

As for them adjudicating this, I also thought the same as you!

That's a good idea Anastasia but the problem is we are 3 hours away from the nearest office, so I will at least try this way first!

What makes me so mad is this looks like an error on their part. Seeing as I have time to explain whilst I hold (!!!!) - my hubby is self-employed, last year he had a big tax depreciation on his business. This took us just under the poverty level required. So we submitted the previous 2 years tax returns demonstrating his usual income, put in a totally separate letter also explaining why with just the tax depreciation page from his return. But then we also listed assets in excess of $100k. Remember on the I-864 it says if you are short but can give assets equal to 4 x the difference you are ok. Well we are WAY over the 4x in assets. So why the RFE!!!

His current taxes for 2005 are being done now, but we are just so p#ssed that they do not stick to their own rules on this, we are calling to try to politely find out why.

Sarah

Here are three interoffice memos at the USCIS that may be of interest to you.They are about RFE and NOID,also the number of tax returns requiered and when they are requiered.Interesting reading.

http://uscis.gov/graphics/lawsregs/handboo...upprt112305.pdf

http://uscis.gov/graphics/lawsregs/handbook/RFE021605.pdf

http://uscis.gov/graphics/lawsregs/handboo...C_RFE050404.pdf

Greg (USA)and Yai (Thailand)

02/10/04...Sent I-129F to Texas

05/10/04...TSC received I-129F

21/10/04...Receive NOA-1 from CSC.

09/11/04...By e-mail I-129F APPROVED and NOA-2mailed 08/Nov./04

12/11/04...Received NOA-2 from CSC.NVC received I-129F APPROVAL from USCIC

16/11/04...Receive e-mail from NVC,entering approved petetion into the system and assigned a case #

20/11/04...Receive letter from NVC they have I-129F and assiagned a BNK case #

29/11/04...Turn in DS-230part 1 and check list to US Consulate Thailand.They also asked for 2 photos of Yai at this time.Did not recieve interview date at this time due to person assigning dates left for the day.Will recieve date in the mail,took 1 hour

07/12/04...Yai recieves letter with instrutions about interview from US Consulate with invterview date

24/02/05...Pay Visa fee in Bangkok at Post office

01/03/05...Yai has visa interview

02/03/05...We pick up Visa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

02/06/05...Welcome to the U.S.A.

04/15/06...Offical marriage in U.S.A.(Tax Day) ;) ;)

Everything we have done was without the help of an attorney.We have not had any problems thus far and will not,I believe.

Lovekindness will enable this life and many more to most enjoyable. .^_^.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

NBC does check applications to see if they meet the basic statutory requirements for adjustment of status.

The NBC was established to serve as the hub and conduit for USCIS local field offices by completing all pre-interview processing of Forms generally requiring an interview. This pre-processing includes conducting background security checks, performing initial evidence reviews, adjudication of associated I-765 and I-131 applications (filed with the I-485 or separately), denial of adjustment of status cases for applicants who are statutorily ineligible, and forwarding scheduled cases to the USCIS local office for adjudication.

http://uscis.gov/graphics/fieldoffices/nbc/aboutus.htm

Since a sufficient Affidavit of Support is required by statute, I can see why they would review it. That said, if they are going to be making a determination of whether an Affidavit is sufficient, it would be very helpful for them to have the background to understand the financial information they are reviewing.

Edited by jsnearline

08/28/2004 Engaged

09/22/2004 I-129F submitted

10/01/2004 I-129F Approved

12/15/2004 K1 Issued

12/30/2004 Arrival in US

02/19/2005 Married

01/30/2006 Conditional Green Card Approved

01/15/2008 Conditions Removed and 10 Year Card Issued

03/28/2009 N-400 mailed to Lockbox

07/17/2009 Interview Denver USCIS office RECOMMENDED FOR APPROVAL

08/28/2009 Naturalization Ceremony - US District Court - Denver, Colorado[/b][/u]

09/04/2009 Applied for passport

09/22/2009 Passport approved and mailed

09/24/2009 Passport received

08/26/2009 Naturalization Certificate and Name Change Petition arrive back from State Department

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

thanks for adding that, jsnearline!

I think/hope this was a weird one-off occurance.

Now That You Are A Permanent Resident

How Do I Remove The Conditions On Permanent Residence Based On Marriage?

Welcome to the United States: A Guide For New Immigrants

Yes, even this last one.. stuff in there that not even your USC knows.....

Here are more links that I love:

Arriving in America, The POE Drill

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

alt.visa.us.marriage-based http://britishexpats.com/ and www.***removed***.com

censored link = *family based immigration* website

Inertia. Is that the Greek god of 'can't be bothered'?

Met, married, immigrated, naturalized.

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

No Deje Piedras Sobre El Pavimento!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Ye are lucky.When i needed information the only helpline number we have in ireland is the american embassey helpdesk whom are based in germany i think.

To make matters worse they charge 3 dollars a minute.I rang them on 4 different ocasions and each time i was left more frustrated. Each time i was told check the bloody website or they didnt know even though they are the supposed helpdesk.

I finally got the information i needed by finding this website and ringing this nice lady who i think was based in washington.We got her number on the USCIS website.

NBC does check applications to see if they meet the basic statutory requirements for adjustment of status.

The NBC was established to serve as the hub and conduit for USCIS local field offices by completing all pre-interview processing of Forms generally requiring an interview. This pre-processing includes conducting background security checks, performing initial evidence reviews, adjudication of associated I-765 and I-131 applications (filed with the I-485 or separately), denial of adjustment of status cases for applicants who are statutorily ineligible, and forwarding scheduled cases to the USCIS local office for adjudication.

http://uscis.gov/graphics/fieldoffices/nbc/aboutus.htm

Since a sufficient Affidavit of Support is required by statute, I can see why they would review it. That said, if they are going to be making a determination of whether an Affidavit is sufficient, it would be very helpful for them to have the background to understand the financial information they are reviewing.

I-751 - Removal of conditions

10-20-2008 - Sent package via usps - overnite mail

10-22-2008 - Package received and signed.

10-28-2008 - Cheque cashed

12-02-2008 - Biometrics in Boston

10-03-2009 - Transferred to CSV

10-04-2009 - 10 year GC on the way

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Panama
Timeline

Hey, I am new here, will introduce myself soon. anyway, wanted to add comments about the mis information line... I have been dealing with a "lost EAD" since nov 25th 2005 and now I find out (today in an email from the MSC) it is sitting in an office in Memphis, because they weren't sure if I was back in New Orleans and my address was still valid (NEW EXCUSE FOR PEOPLE FROM THIS AREA: HURRICANE KATRINA!). Hello??? I've been calling for months and telling them I have not gotten the card and all they can tell me is "SORRY, it must be lost, file again and pay us more money."

So I called and got a supervisor on the line and complained about their crappy service and how if those idiots would have done their job correctly I would have gotten my card 3 months ago but instead they gave me the run a round until last week when one of the Costumer service girls actually did her JOB!!! He was embarrased and appologized a bunch of times and I told him "don't waste my time and yours appologizing now, train your personnel to do their job properly!!!!!" Now, if they would at least take it into account and do something about all the misinformation these people cause!

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: England
Timeline

I hate hate hate that line. There is nothing worse than the feeling you get when you have waited over an hour and your heart jumps when the recorded ####### cuts off, only to plummet again when you hear the voice of some total pillock who you KNOW wouldn't be able to organise a piss up in a brewery.

I had one one those yesteday. I later named him 'Retarded Michael Jackson' because thats who he sounded like. He tried the 'I can't hear you, please turn your music off (there was no music playing)...' ####### too, I think it must be in their training manual..

Funnily enough, as he couldn't hear me, I took the opportunity to tell him that he was an idiot and that I could do his job standing on my head. (my exact words.) By some phone line miracle, he heard THAT LOUD AND CLEAR... ;)

Jen & David

05/13/04 . . . . Met In London whilst David was stationed in Italy through the US military

05/16/04 - 06/27/04 David Yo-yo's between Italy and the UK and we rack up over $200 in phone calls!

06/28/04 . . . Jen flies to the USA for the first time - Alone!

06/30/04 . . . Jen meets Davids folks for the first time - without David!

07/02/04 . . . David moves back to the Dallas after 6 years of Military Service all over the world

09/28/04 . . . Tearful goodbyes at DFW as Jen flies back to the UK

06/28/05 . . . Jen flies out to DFW to spend her 23rd Birthday with David

08/25/05 . . . David proposes out of the blue with a Gorgeous Zales ring!

10/31/05 . . . Davids divorce is finalized (after over a year of waiting!)

11/08/05 . . . . GORGEOUS WEDDING IN VEGAS!

AOS

01/05/06 . . . AOS Interview - Accepted onto the DORA Program

01/14/06 . . . NOA's received for I-485 and I-130. Not working on the case status system yet though :(

02/23/06 . . . Biometrics Interview letter received

03/15/06 . . . Biometrics Appointment - Completed in Fort Worth

03/17/06 . . . 70 Day Letter

04/06/06 . . . Appointment for EAD - Not allowed because we're approved!

04/16/06. . . .ALL APPROVED!!! WELCOME TO USA LETTER RECEIVED!

04/19/06 . . . GREEN CARD IN HAND! NO MORE USCIS UNTIL 2008!!!

Sukie175, I am with you totally on this. It came up in a previous thread that we both posted in. Going through pretty much the same ####### about the I-864 that you are. We have not been required to file tax returns for the past 4 years. Explained all this VERY clearly in documents that were attatched to the 864 as it was sent in. Details of income from the past 4 years too, showing considerably above the 125% requirement each year. Also showed that house is totally paid off, no mortgage so could be sold if ever necessary, also hubby's collection of 8 classic cars (which I wish he'd get rid of, but he keeps saying he wants to restore), currently sitting at father-in-laws farm 7 miles from here.

Well, we got an RFE and from what they state I've sent everything that could be sent AND given a clear explanation as to why tax returns have not been filed. Even got official documents from IRS saying that it is not required in our case. Well, apparantly this is not good enough for USCIS, though they dont say EXACTLY what else they want, just list "Tax returns for last 3 years, and if tax returns were not filed an explanation as to why."

So we've talked and fretted about it. Do they want us to get a joint sponsor? Well, they dont say they do, but should we anyway, although technically, we shouldn't have to? Well, that is out of the window now as father-in-law has decided after reading all the legal stuff regarding sponsorship that at his stage in life, he doesnt want to do it.

So called USCIS on Friday to try to get some clarification as to what they REALLY want to see. After holding for 30 minutes the bimbo on the phone had NO idea what I was talking about. I had to read the RFE to her word by word and explained everything that I had already sent in. Then the idiot said "So what exactly is the problem?" DUH!! I just spent the past 10 minutes telling you what the problem was. Then she says, from what I told her we should just send the same stuff back again. Well, I'm not prepared to do that. If it was not good enough the first time to the point that we got an RFE, what help is it going to be to send back exactly the same stuff again?!! She had no response to this, but wished me politely a pleasant weekend, and hung up the phone!!!!!!

Well, the result of all this is that we're going to see an immigration lawyer on Monday afternoon to see if he can shed some light. I know that most people here think that they are a waste of time and money, but I just dont see what else to do at this point.

Good luck with yours

Kate

AOS TIMELINE

16th December 2005 - Sent I-130, AOS, EAD & AP USPS overnight to Chicago Lockbox

18th December 2005 - Received at Chicago 9.18pm.

23rd December 2005 - NOAs for I-130, AOS, EAD, AP!! Didn't expect them that quickly

13th January 2006 - RFE for Medical and additional I-864 info

17th January 2006 - INFOPASS Apt about RFE.

23rd January 2006 - Appointment notice for Biometrics on 10th Feb.

10th February 2006 - Biometrics Appointment

21st February 2006 - Medical. Cost $250 including all blood tests, Td Shot, TB test and Titers for MMR and Varicella.

27th February 2006 - Appointment with immigration lawyer re. RFE for I-864.

1st March 2006 - Final results Medical. Papers in hand to send.

10th March 2006 - RFE responses to Lees Summit

13th March 2006 - RFE responses signed for at Lees Summit

24th March 2006 - Emergency AP approved in Omaha

28th March 2006- Collected AP

31st March 2006 - EAD Approval online

7th April 2006 - EAD arrived in mailbox.

21st April 2006- Received Interview Date for 22nd June

9th May 2006- Received SSN

22nd June 2006- AOS INTERVIEW APPROVED

REMOVING CONDITIONS

June 20 2008 - Package mailed to CSC under new rules. Would have been an NSC transfer

June 23 2008 - Package recieved at CSC

June 27 2008 - Recieve NOA1

July 16 2008 - Biometrics

July 17 2008 - Touched

September 9 2008 - Card production ordered

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.