MARTIN VARGHESE

k3 visa timeline

10 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

HI EVERYONE

WE ARE PLANNING TO APPLY FOR K 3 VISA SOON . AND WOULD LIKE TO HAVE ANY INPUTS

REGARDING HOW LONG IT WILL BE .i AM GOING TO APPLY IN CALIFORNIA SERVICE CENTER AND

MY HUSBAND IS FROM INDIA . PLEASE ADVICE US IF ANYONE HAS UNDERGONE THIS PROCESS RECENTLY.

THANK YOU

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

moved from Removal of Conditions forum

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

you can check the "processing times" at the top of this page for a general idea.

Good Luck

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

HI EVERYONE

WE ARE PLANNING TO APPLY FOR K 3 VISA SOON . AND WOULD LIKE TO HAVE ANY INPUTS

REGARDING HOW LONG IT WILL BE .i AM GOING TO APPLY IN CALIFORNIA SERVICE CENTER AND

MY HUSBAND IS FROM INDIA . PLEASE ADVICE US IF ANYONE HAS UNDERGONE THIS PROCESS RECENTLY.

THANK YOU

K3s are basically obsolete at this time. Check on the CR-1.

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

I have a NOA-1 for I-130 and NOA-1 for the I-129 currently at the CSC. The I-129 and the I-130 will be processed at about the same time (5mos) in the US but the time till you will have to wait for an interview at the American Embassy in Inda is 68 days for a K3 and 138 days for the ICR-1. So it becomes a personal decision to either go for the K3 and be in the US faster on a non-immigrant visa or wait and come into the country on the I-CR1 on an immigrant visa. If you enter the country on the K3 there will be other fees and things you will have to do once you are in the US to get immigrant status.

Timeline

thanks for your reply . do you happened to know how long it normally take to get NOA 2 (approval ) for i 129 f .

I would like to go back to my hubby who is in India . is it safe to go out of country to stay with my hubby till

he gets k3 ?? will that be ok if have the pay stubbs and letter from bank and employer if its like 3-4 months old ?

I appreciate all the help..

thanks for your reply . do you happened to know how long it normally take to get NOA 2 (approval ) for i 129 f .

I would like to go back to my hubby who is in India . is it safe to go out of country to stay with my hubby till

he gets k3 ?? will that be ok if have the pay stubbs and letter from bank and employer if its like 3-4 months old ?

I appreciate all the help..

Right now it is saying 129 days from the 1st NOA to the NOA-2 for the I-129F but I would not leave the country after you apply for any long periods. You need to file the I-130 first and get your notice back and then send in the I-129F. I don't think you get to decide which service center you get. If you reside and a citizen of US you send the I-130 to the address for your state. When you get the NOA-1 for the I-130 you then send a copy of the NOA-1 for the I-130 to the service center on the form with the I-129F application. I think you will need more documentaion about your employment and pay than just pay stubs and bank account when you get to that point in the process.

Edited by BRB

Timeline

THANKS FOR YOUR QUICK REPLY ..

I AM WAITING ON CITIZENSHIP NOW ...ALREADY HAD FINGERPRINTS TAKEN ,EXPECTING INTERVIEW LETTER AT THIS TIME . I ALREADY APPLIED I 130 FOR SPOUSE AND HAVE THE I 797 (NOA1 ) WITH ME . PLANNING ON

SENDING I 129 F AS SOON AS I BECOME A CITIZEN. I WAS GOING THRO THE FORUMS HERE AND DID SEE PEOPLE WHO GOT THEIR NOA2 FOR I 129 F WITHIN A MONTH . SO THATS WHAT MADE ME THINK THAT I CAN GO BACK TO INDIA AS SOON AS I GET NOA 2 ( HOPING THAT IT WILL BE SOON ) AND WILL WAIT FOR THE INTERVIEW OUT THERE . PLEASE GIVE ME YOUR RECOMMENDATION . THANK YOU ....

THANKS FOR YOUR QUICK REPLY ..

I AM WAITING ON CITIZENSHIP NOW ...ALREADY HAD FINGERPRINTS TAKEN ,EXPECTING INTERVIEW LETTER AT THIS TIME . I ALREADY APPLIED I 130 FOR SPOUSE AND HAVE THE I 797 (NOA1 ) WITH ME . PLANNING ON

SENDING I 129 F AS SOON AS I BECOME A CITIZEN. I WAS GOING THRO THE FORUMS HERE AND DID SEE PEOPLE WHO GOT THEIR NOA2 FOR I 129 F WITHIN A MONTH . SO THATS WHAT MADE ME THINK THAT I CAN GO BACK TO INDIA AS SOON AS I GET NOA 2 ( HOPING THAT IT WILL BE SOON ) AND WILL WAIT FOR THE INTERVIEW OUT THERE . PLEASE GIVE ME YOUR RECOMMENDATION . THANK YOU ....

I really do not feel qualified to answer about what you should do since you are working on your citizenship now. I have co-workers who are from India on a HB-1 visa and they have told me that when they decided to get married they just flew back to India were married and submitted some paperwork and a few days latter came back to the US with their spouse. You really need to get some feedback from some other people who have gone through the process in India.

It appears it actually takes longer to get your spouse to the US when you are a US citizen. I know the foreign workers in my office give me a hard time about it since they really did not have to wait.

Timeline

thanks for your input ...

I am a permanent resident since sep 2004 and I do not have any other choice

to bring my spouse here other than thro k3 or i 130 .

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.