ForeverAmen

In you can't afford it ... then why?!?!?

50 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Jamaica
Timeline

My husband and I were recently approached by an individual asking us to Co-Sponsor their Fiance'? Now ... I know first hand how hard things are financially for many people. But for the life of me, I don't understand why someone would seek someone elses help to immigrate their Fiance' to America if they are having trouble taking care of their ownselves. I am NOT trying to judge ... just simply trying to understand. Any thoughts?

ALL things work TOGETHER for GOOD!

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Timeline
My husband and I were recently approached by an individual asking us to Co-Sponsor their Fiance'? Now ... I know first hand how hard things are financially for many people. But for the life of me, I don't understand why someone would seek someone elses help to immigrate their Fiance' to America if they are having trouble taking care of their ownselves. I am NOT trying to judge ... just simply trying to understand. Any thoughts?

I brought this up years ago, got flamed for it :lol:

All I will say is... I agree.

Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

i dont know about the couple that approached u, but perviz and i needed help from my family because it will take him about 11 month to get thru the usa testing so that he can continue to work as a doctor and im still in college. i know that most people can do it on their own but i dont see anything wrong with asking family for help with our situation]

sara

There we go!

####### Lisa. A lot of people use cosponsors for many reasons. Example: you live abroad and make enough income; but it does not count since it is, duh, foreign income. If you are a stasy at home mom but foreign fiance is, say, a practicing lawyer. And even if the case is they are rotten poor, I fail to see how it is any of our damn business.

i dont know about the couple that approached u, but perviz and i needed help from my family because it will take him about 11 month to get thru the usa testing so that he can continue to work as a doctor and im still in college. i know that most people can do it on their own but i dont see anything wrong with asking family for help with our situation]

sara

The income limits are very very low. I can't imagine the kind of person who can't even make that much thinking they should get married and take responsibility for a foreign spouse. Co-sponsors shouldn't even be allowed and those income limits should be multiples higher.

Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.

There we go!

####### Lisa. A lot of people use cosponsors for many reasons. Example: you live abroad and make enough income; but it does not count since it is, duh, foreign income. If you are a stasy at home mom but foreign fiance is, say, a practicing lawyer. And even if the case is they are rotten poor, I fail to see how it is any of our damn business.

Someone here sent it to me, i figured it was appropriate....yeah, it was in bad taste. Btw, of course it's not for me to say what anyone else does...I don't personally care. But that doesn't mean I don't have an opinion, either.

Personally, when I was petitioning someone, I didn't meet the req's cos I was self employed, not in the country long enough...we chose to wait to petition, and I chose to work a second job where I was employed so I could satisfy the reqs.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

sara

The income limits are very very low. I can't imagine the kind of person who can't even make that much thinking they should get married and take responsibility for a foreign spouse. Co-sponsors shouldn't even be allowed and those income limits should be multiples higher.

im sorry u feel that way but we did look at the full picture its not as if my family will have to support us i just cant at this time make the low limit set by the government im a full time student had have two years left.

and in fact we are both very good people, its not like he is worthless and has no way to work after the exams are passed he works now in his own country

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

When you love someone and you see your financial situation standing in the way of being together, you are often willing to pursue any avenue you can to make it happen. Love isn't restricted only to those who meet the income requirements. There may be valid reasons why they can't satisfy the affidavit of support right now. Sometimes people need help, and if they have no one in their immediate circle of friends and family who can help they will reach out to others. It is kind of sad that they are feeling they must go this avenue. I wish them luck. Whether or not you are willing to assist them or not is totally your call.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

There we go!

:lol:

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies."

Senator Barack Obama
Senate Floor Speech on Public Debt
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG

sara

THis is the MOST sensible and logical thing that I have EVER heard you say.

Sign-on-a-church-af.jpgLogic-af.jpgwwiao.gif