Melly 2

Tuesday

45 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Egypt
Timeline

Good morning MENA!! :star:

Happy Tuesday and thank goodness Monday is finished yeah? :D

Jess, that ring is so beautiful mashAllah!! Congrats.

And Kelly, belated happy anniversary to you! Hope you had a good night celebrating.

We walked around in the heat yesterday and looked at appliances for our new apartment. Found a stove and fridge I like, still working on finding a washing machine. I want a full automatic not a half automatic, but it seems most of the full ones come as a front loader, and the drum size is soooooo tiny it's unbelievable. If I get a top loader the drum size is twice the size of the front loaders, and closer to the size we have in the States. Plus it's easier to reach on the top loaders instead of having to bend over and fish clothes out of the front loader. Hmmm.....

Speaking of Farm Town, I tried the other farm app and didn't like it as well. But I did find something that looked like it might be fun, I think it's called Restaurant City? I didn't try it out yet so I'm not sure. Has anyone else tried it?

Hope everyone has a relaxing and wonderful Tuesday.

For those ladies in the hot temps, stay cool!! :D

Living with hubby in Egypt, at last.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline
We walked around in the heat yesterday and looked at appliances for our new apartment. Found a stove and fridge I like, still working on finding a washing machine. I want a full automatic not a half automatic, but it seems most of the full ones come as a front loader, and the drum size is soooooo tiny it's unbelievable. If I get a top loader the drum size is twice the size of the front loaders, and closer to the size we have in the States. Plus it's easier to reach on the top loaders instead of having to bend over and fish clothes out of the front loader. Hmmm.....

I have front-loading w/d here in the US, because they came with my apartment and my apartment is ADA compliant (thus, I have a built-in chair in my shower). I always end up missing something when i pull stuff out of the washer, sometimes with catastrophic results. what i don't like about the front loaders is only being able to use certain kinds of detergent, i miss my faboulous-smelling high-suds, dolphin-killing formula detergent! they make my pillowcases smell like floofy bouquets of fluffy bunnies!

uhm, wow. i think my sleeping pills must have kicked in.

have you ever taken the time to smell your microwave? i mean... really stick your nose in there and SNIFF? Because I hadn't. I took the glass plate out of it today to wash and decided to wash the inside of it too. As i got down there to nose-level, i realized that it smelled like some dirty old cheezie dog had crawled in there and died after it shat itself. it was awful. i scrubbed it down and thought i was done, then ducked my head down a little more (and finally unplugged the microwave, because i'm very smart after the fact) and so that there was also a ton of spatter on the inside roof of the microwave. if it had been bloodspatter, Dexter would've been in heaven.

not a happy camper here. i'm having to go into work an hour earlier and an hour or two after to get caught up. i don't think it would matter if i put in 60 hours, i will always be backed up (ugh). i hope this is just temporary, the extra pay will be much appreciated but i think i prefer to keep my sanity...lol wishing everybody a fantastic tuesday!

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Good morning everyone! I didn't get good sleep last night and woke up feeling sick... I called off work today and now I'm staying at home to relax, write down a to-do list for the next stages of the visa, and just do what I can around the house.. I'm thinking about getting a kitten some time this week.. I really want one! :blush:

Have a good day everyone! (F)

ROC Timeline

8/1/12: ROC window opens
9/4/12: ROC packet sent
9/8/12: ROC packet delivered to VSC
9/12/12: Check cashed
9/14/12: NOA letter received (NOA dated 9/10/12)
9/20/12: Biometrics letter received (Bio appointment 10/15/12)
10/12/12: Early biometrics walk-in

4/27/13: RFE received

6/17/13: RFE response sent

7/1/13: ROC petition approved

7/5/13: GC received in the mail.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Morning everyone! Happy Tuesday to all.

Amy, you crack me up with your posts!! Love the stories about your daughter. She will

love the flight if she's never flown before. What excitement she will have!!!!

You do have me thinking about my microwave....don't think i've ever stuck my head

completely in it. I'm afraid i'll get stuck and wouldn't be a pretty sight! :lol:

Maureen, have a good day sweetie! Hope it is temporary also, but just think of all the

extra money!!

Mornin' Amanda, GG and HLM!!

Aya, hope you feel better luv.

Afternoon Melly! I myself love front loader washers. Best of luck in your appliance search.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Tuesday. Stay cool as you can and stay safe.

200552682v4_225x225_Front.jpg

Timeline

HLM, I'm excited for you!! :)

JeanneVictoria, have a good day dear! (F)

ROC Timeline

Morning everyone! Happy Tuesday to all.

Amy, you crack me up with your posts!! Love the stories about your daughter. She will

love the flight if she's never flown before. What excitement she will have!!!!

You do have me thinking about my microwave....don't think i've ever stuck my head

completely in it. I'm afraid i'll get stuck and wouldn't be a pretty sight! :lol:

Maureen, have a good day sweetie! Hope it is temporary also, but just think of all the

extra money!!

Mornin' Amanda, GG and HLM!!

Aya, hope you feel better luv.

Afternoon Melly! I myself love front loader washers. Best of luck in your appliance search.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Tuesday. Stay cool as you can and stay safe.

Morning Jeanne!

Filed: Other Country: Lebanon
Timeline

Mornin everyone!

Josh had another night of pooooor sleep. Gahhh i really need to drag myself to bed before he wakes up at 4am. blah

hope everyone has a good day.

June 11 05-Married George, civil ceremony in New York

May 30 08-Baby Joshua was born

Jan 15-Back to NY we go...

May 10-made decision not to go back overseas.

July 10-filed for divorce

Jan 11-Divorce final

July 11-1st trip to take Josh to see George

Mar 12-2nd trip to take Josh to see George

MfXV.jpg.png

1LR1.jpg.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Morning Mena!

07/21/11 filed AOS off tourist visa

07/28/11 USCIS cashed check

07/30/11 Recieved NOA1 and Biometrics letter

08/24/2011 Biometrics

08/25/2011 RFE sent to us for some info we've already sent in

08/30/2011 sent in the rest of info USCIS asked for

09/13/2011 went to congressman's office to sign papers for expedite of work permit, due to financial hardship

09/15/2011 Work permit expedite approved!! He can finally find a job!

09/24/2011 work permit arrives

09/26/2011 Apply for social security number!

09/30/2011 Letter is sent for interview

11/07/2011 INTERVIEW!!!

Its 2012 and still no approval! Still waiting

01/27/2012 Letter sent stating that file was sent on for more review :(

9iad5hjppr.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

It's raining and cloudy and YUCKY! Also, I can't stop thinking about that "touch." I don't wanna get my hopes up about anything. CSC is really slow lately and well now I'm even more obsessed then before with them since that stupid touch yesterday. Argh.....I am so frustrated! I miss my man! :cry::crying: Maybe I shoulda just took that stupid job in Egypt! I wanna scream!

Blessed are the heart that can bend, they can never be broken - Albert Camus

Any comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished in any way without express written permission from 100% Al Ahly Fan.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Morning MENA - it's a rainy Tuesday morning in NYC but once in a while I don't mind the rain as it cleanses the city...Hope everyone will have a wonderful day!!!

Citizenship (N-400)

09/15/2009 - Application mailed to Texas Lockbox

09/17/2009 - Delivered to the Lockbox

09/21/2009 - Check cashed

09/24/2009 - NOA dated 9/18/09

09/26/2009 - RFE mailed out dated 9/25 (biometrics notice)

10/14/2009 - Biometrics completed

01/01/2010 - finally an update - awaiting interview letter

02/08/2010 - interview (Garden City, NY) -- PASSED

03/03/2010 - Oath Ceremony in Brooklyn

03/13/2010 - U.S. Passport in hand

DONE!!!

Timeline
It's raining and cloudy and YUCKY! Also, I can't stop thinking about that "touch." I don't wanna get my hopes up about anything. CSC is really slow lately and well now I'm even more obsessed then before with them since that stupid touch yesterday. Argh.....I am so frustrated! I miss my man! :cry::crying: Maybe I shoulda just took that stupid job in Egypt! I wanna scream!

I can relate to how you feel Sharifah *hugs* This wait time is just so so hard :(VSC has been really slowing down lately.. Our NOA2 could come in November *sighs* I just try to keep myself positive though it is really hard cause I'm going through much more than waiting... But all we can do is just wait and pray I guess.. (F)

ROC Timeline

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.