Starlight95

Common trends in K-1 approvals

14 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hello everyone,

First of all I want to wish all the March, April, and May filers congrats on their approval. I am just happy that they are approving faster than before. I don't know about everybody else, but I noticed a common trend in approvals. It seems like they usually get through the mid month, and than move on to the next month. For instance, if your on the last dates of the month for some reason you are stuck there for some time. I think USCIS follows the FIFO method :). It sucks to have filed on the last days of the month, means you may be waiting for some time. This is just my take on this, as I noticed a pattern. I know VJ is not completely accurate, but it gives us an idea at least.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Yikes...i am march 26th

=================

K1 Section

=================

Sent I-129F - 03/25/2009

Visa in Hand -11/23/2009

US Entry - 11/26/2009

Wedding - 12/26/2009

=================

AOS Section

=================

AOS, EAD, AP Forms Sent - 01/06/2010

Biometrics - 02/11/2010

EAD/AP Approved - 02/23/2010

--------------------------------

Ceremonial Wedding - 06/17/2010

Filed: Country: China
Timeline
Hello everyone,

First of all I want to wish all the March, April, and May filers congrats on their approval. I am just happy that they are approving faster than before. I don't know about everybody else, but I noticed a common trend in approvals. It seems like they usually get through the mid month, and than move on to the next month. For instance, if your on the last dates of the month for some reason you are stuck there for some time. I think USCIS follows the FIFO method :). It sucks to have filed on the last days of the month, means you may be waiting for some time. This is just my take on this, as I noticed a pattern. I know VJ is not completely accurate, but it gives us an idea at least.

Interesting theory. I think it is more like there is a stack of files and whoever gets which handful and works faster gets the petitioner through first.

moving right along

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

OP, I see where you're coming from. I noticed that trend too back when I studied Igor's list for long periods of time daily. :wacko:

I used to wonder if I'd have been better filing at the beginning of January instead of the end of December.

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

FIFO being First In, First Out.

Generally speaking - that is the pattern they follow (at least that's what they claim) - in reality, because of a lot of variables (such as volume of cases, individual case particulars, etc.) it may not actually turn out that way. It could be that a lot of people submit petitions/cases at the beginning/end of the month because it is kind of an artificially start/stop point which might create more volume during these 'peak' periods (kind of like going to the DMV at the end of the month will usually result in longer waits than if you go during the mid-month times.).

Timeline
FIFO being First In, First Out.

Generally speaking - that is the pattern they follow (at least that's what they claim) - in reality, because of a lot of variables (such as volume of cases, individual case particulars, etc.) it may not actually turn out that way. It could be that a lot of people submit petitions/cases at the beginning/end of the month because it is kind of an artificially start/stop point which might create more volume during these 'peak' periods (kind of like going to the DMV at the end of the month will usually result in longer waits than if you go during the mid-month times.).

Hmm...that is a good comparison. I see what you mean.

Timeline
OP, I see where you're coming from. I noticed that trend too back when I studied Igor's list for long periods of time daily. :wacko:

I used to wonder if I'd have been better filing at the beginning of January instead of the end of December.

Yes, I guess I have been studying it a lot :wacko: more than I should. But, I am glad that you noticed this pattern as well.

Edited by Starlight95

Timeline
Hello everyone,

Interesting theory. I think it is more like there is a stack of files and whoever gets which handful and works faster gets the petitioner through first.

Yes, if my theory is right you should be your approval sooner than the end of March 09 filers. Since, you are mid April filer.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
Hello everyone,

I think this 'pattern' is an illusion. I imagine all these adjudicators working on the petitions *roughly* in a first come, first serve order. By the time enough of them have reached the middle of the month for it to make its mark on Igor's List (which represents only a sample of the actual petitions filed), others are already starting to work on the next month.

What happened in January definitely does not support your theory: that month, there was a noticeable gap on Igor's List around mid-January for some time (I particularly noticed this gap because I was one of these mid-month filers), while the people who filed around the 26/27th of the month had long been approved. There were also some early January filers who waited longer. I do think there always is a batch of petitions that came in around the same time that gets stuck with a slow adjudicator, but I think it's random at which time of the month these people have filed.

Ultimately, I think any larger 'pattern' is just your perception, because you feel you are waiting too long, and you are desperately trying to understand why. It's like Murphy's Law... Good luck in getting your approval soon!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hello everyone,

Maybe you have something. I sent my K1petition in on April 17, but the NOA1 was May1. Then 76 days later I have my NOA2. I noticed others close to my NOA1 are also being processed and the NOA2s are really showing up. I thought it odd how the NOA1s in May are being processed and what looks like many of the NOA1s in April are just sitting there. Can it be also that they are picking the low hanging fruit first; the simpler or easier petitions first?

I would think you would be coming up on your approval very soon. Good luck and God bless.

4-17-2009 sent K1 Petition

5-1-2009 USCIS received petition

5-4-2009 received NOA1 notice

7-17-2009 touched

7-20-2009 NOA2 received

8-3-2009 NVC received petition

8-4-2009 NVC sent petition to Manila

9-22-2009 Medical Exam (scar on lungs) will have sputum test done

9-28-2009 K1 visa interview (canceled)

12-02-2009 call the SLMEC for sputum test report out

12-07-2009 Medical passed

12-08-2009 CFO

December 16, 2009 visa Pink Slip

December 20, 2009 entered USA

With God's blessing

Dale and Pat

Timeline
Hello everyone,

Maybe you have something. I sent my K1petition in on April 17, but the NOA1 was May1. Then 76 days later I have my NOA2. I noticed others close to my NOA1 are also being processed and the NOA2s are really showing up. I thought it odd how the NOA1s in May are being processed and what looks like many of the NOA1s in April are just sitting there. Can it be also that they are picking the low hanging fruit first; the simpler or easier petitions first?

I would think you would be coming up on your approval very soon. Good luck and God bless.

Thanks! Good luck to you on the rest of your journey!

Timeline
Hello everyone,

I think this 'pattern' is an illusion. I imagine all these adjudicators working on the petitions *roughly* in a first come, first serve order. By the time enough of them have reached the middle of the month for it to make its mark on Igor's List (which represents only a sample of the actual petitions filed), others are already starting to work on the next month.

What happened in January definitely does not support your theory: that month, there was a noticeable gap on Igor's List around mid-January for some time (I particularly noticed this gap because I was one of these mid-month filers), while the people who filed around the 26/27th of the month had long been approved. There were also some early January filers who waited longer. I do think there always is a batch of petitions that came in around the same time that gets stuck with a slow adjudicator, but I think it's random at which time of the month these people have filed.

Ultimately, I think any larger 'pattern' is just your perception, because you feel you are waiting too long, and you are desperately trying to understand why. It's like Murphy's Law... Good luck in getting your approval soon!

Yes, its discouraging when other May filers get their approvals. Then you just start focusing your attention on Igor's list and trying to figure out their approval system. It's true I am trying to understand how they work. As I feel their is no order to their approvals. It's almost like winning the lottery you will never know when you will win.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.