1,945 posts in this topic

Just checking to see how everyone is doing. Hanging in there?

After a frustratingly slow start to September, we moved TEN SPOTS TODAY!

WAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

Surely that deserves some groovin'. :dance: :dance: :dance:

I was excited to see lots of approvals get entered today. I hope there's more on the way. Maybe tomorrow morning a lot more people will update their timelines.

I got bored and organized anyone that has posted more than once on this board in order by NOA1 date. I also put which embassy.

Zahid, you had your NOA1 first. I hope that means you'll get the NOA2 very soon! I understand the frustration for sure!!

Zahid1982 7/08/09 - New Delhi

roughsweet 7/09/09 - London

ZorValachan 7/09/09 - Moscow

LoveWaits 7/13/09 - Moscow

Wade+Kristin7/15/09 - Norway

paris2011 7/15/09 - Manilla

M & F 7/16/09 - Lebanon

awalktorem 7/20/09 - Manilla

JewelX 7/21/09 - London

seanyb719 7/23/09 - London

Aw, now that made me smile as soon as I logged in here :star:

Let's hope we see some approvals soon, hopefully won't be too long if CSC continues to move like they did yesterday. Well this was just a quick post before I run off again.. I still got Wade here for a week so we're going to go for a lunch downtown and see if we can get some more photos of important sites here in the city. I'd like to bring some to my interview ^^

Hugs and best wishes for the weekend to you all!

07.15.09 - Received NOA1

10.02.09 - Received NOA2 - So exciting!!

10.07.09 - Medical approved!

10.16.09 - Case left NVC

10.19.09 - Case delivered at consulate

10.21.09 - Package 3 received!

11.04.09 - Package 3 sent

11.25.09 - Interview APPROVED!

12.03.09 - Visa on hand!!

12.28.09 - POE in Seattle

02.13.10 - Our wedding day xD

12.14.12 - Mailed I-751 - Here we go again!

12.17.12 - Package delivered

12.20.12 - Received NOA 1 - dated 12.17.12

fqaVm8.png

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
Just checking to see how everyone is doing. Hanging in there?

After a frustratingly slow start to September, we moved TEN SPOTS TODAY!

WAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

Surely that deserves some groovin'. :dance: :dance: :dance:

I was excited to see lots of approvals get entered today. I hope there's more on the way. Maybe tomorrow morning a lot more people will update their timelines.

I got bored and organized anyone that has posted more than once on this board in order by NOA1 date. I also put which embassy.

Zahid, you had your NOA1 first. I hope that means you'll get the NOA2 very soon! I understand the frustration for sure!!

Zahid1982 7/08/09 - New Delhi

roughsweet 7/09/09 - London

ZorValachan 7/09/09 - Moscow

LoveWaits 7/13/09 - Moscow

Wade+Kristin7/15/09 - Norway

paris2011 7/15/09 - Manilla

M & F 7/16/09 - Lebanon

awalktorem 7/20/09 - Manilla

JewelX 7/21/09 - London

seanyb719 7/23/09 - London

You are awesome! I am going to do this on our VSC forum. :thumbs:

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : London, England

I-129F Sent : Jul 10, 2009, Fri (wonderful day); I-129F Recvd: Jul 11, 2009, Sat

Check being cashed: Jul 15, 2009, Wed (whoo hoo, in the process)

I-129F NOA1 : Jul 13, 2009 (date on letter); I-129F NOA1: July 20, 2009 (day letter actually arrived)

Victoria went to England: Aug 29 - Sep 7

I-129F RFE(s) : none, awesome; I-129F NOA2 : Sep 21, 2009

Craigy went to US: Oct 16 - Oct 24

NVC Left : Sep 25, 2009

Packet 3 Sent to Craigy: Oct 6, 2009 (per DOS), Oct 9, 2009 Craigy recvd; Sent out Nov 16; Eligible for Interview: Nov 25 (per DOS)

Victoria going to England: Dec 25 - Jan 4 Interview while Victoria is visiting Paul. Dec 29, 2009 8 am Success. Jan 3, 2009 Courier dropped off Passport with Visa

Craigy Enters US: March 31st

Marriage: May 1, 2010

ahhh man... looks like i go through watching you all get the NOA2's first lol.. however if you are getting them it means it wont be long for me hopefully...

how exciting!!

event.png

Timeline
ahhh man... looks like i go through watching you all get the NOA2's first lol.. however if you are getting them it means it wont be long for me hopefully...

how exciting!!

Not necessarily, Seany! If we've learned anything here at VJ, it's that chronological order of NOA1's unfortunately doesn't come into play with approvals, right? If it did there wouldn't be people getting approved in three months, and others waiting six.

I've read theories that some people think it's the luck of the draw of whose pile you end up in at CSC. That some adjudicator's work faster, some may pick ones first that are "easier" to adjudicate. (whatever that means lol)

I really do wish they went in chronological order. In addition to being FAIR (Pollyanna of me, I know), we would all really know roughly when we would be approved. Even if we had to wait a little longer while they went through everyone in order, it would be worth it, in my opinion, to know the real time span of our adjudication. The not knowing is what makes me crazy :wacko:

sorry...just some Saturday morning, coffee drinking, babbling on my part... :lol:

Long story short... you never know, Seany... you could be first!

Edited by roughsweet

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : London, United Kingdom

I-129F Sent : 2009-07-07

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-07-09

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-10-08

NVC Received: 2009-10-13

NVC Left : 2009-10-16

Consulate Received : 2009-10-19

Packet 3 Received : 2009-11-02

Packet 3 Sent : 2009-11-02

Packet 3 @ Embassy : 2009-11-06 (yay! only one more step, come on interview date!)

Medical : 2009-11-11

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date : 2009-12-04

Interview Result: Approved!! Yaaaaaaaaay!!

Date K1 Visa Received: 2009-12-09

Date of Us Entry: 2009-12-15

Date of Wedding: 2010-01-16

502e43ccdf.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

how exciting!!

Not necessarily, Seany! If we've learned anything here at VJ, it's that chronological order of NOA1's unfortunately doesn't come into play with approvals, right? If it did there wouldn't be people getting approved in three months, and others waiting six.

I've read theories that some people think it's the luck of the draw of whose pile you end up in at CSC. That some adjudicator's work faster, some may pick ones first that are "easier" to adjudicate. (whatever that means lol)

I really do wish they went in chronological order. In addition to being FAIR (Pollyanna of me, I know), we would all really know roughly when we would be approved. Even if we had to wait a little longer while they went through everyone in order, it would be worth it, in my opinion, to know the real time span of our adjudication. The not knowing is what makes me crazy :wacko:

sorry...just some Saturday morning, coffee drinking, babbling on my part... :lol:

Right.. I dont think the NOA2 dates mean nearly as much to me as POE dates. I also hope we track that info and get a chance to encourage each other through interviews!

There's not many of us at CSC in July. I'm kind of surprised that only 10 of us have made it on the forum list so far. FYI, anyone can feel free to reformat, add to, and edit the "list." to add their screen name, NOA2 or interview dates. ;)

Our VisaJourney started July 2009 when I mailed the 129-F

Fiance here February 2010, married 10 days later

GC received in the mail 10-Jun-2010

Able to apply to remove conditions 12-Feb-2012

BABY GIRL BORN JULY 2011!!!

Timeline
Right.. I dont think the NOA2 dates mean nearly as much to me as POE dates. I also hope we track that info and get a chance to encourage each other through interviews!

Very true, Jewel. POE dates are where it's at! the day we're all living for. Also, with the different embassies, someone could get their NOA2 after someone else, but finish the whole process and be with their loved one first, because of how long it takes to get an interview at different embassies. Some are 5 days, some YOU set the appointment because there is virtually no wait! Wish that was us, Jewel :lol: London's not the worst at 65 days...but it's no 5!

I agree that we should stay in touch to support each other through interviews. I love our little group!

And again, thanks for the list. It rocks!

Packet 3 @ Embassy : 2009-11-06 (yay! only one more step, come on interview date!)

Packet 4 Received :

502e43ccdf.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

Very true, Jewel. POE dates are where it's at! the day we're all living for. Also, with the different embassies, someone could get their NOA2 after someone else, but finish the whole process and be with their loved one first, because of how long it takes to get an interview at different embassies. Some are 5 days, some YOU set the appointment because there is virtually no wait! Wish that was us, Jewel :lol: London's not the worst at 65 days...but it's no 5!

I agree that we should stay in touch to support each other through interviews. I love our little group!

Good Morning Everyone :) Just got into work and caught up on our forum!

Speaking on what happens after the NOA2 point - is there a way of tracking things after it leaves CSC?

I think when it comes to the lebanese embassy - I have been on their website and all it says is when packet 3 is complete to email them to set up an interview - seems like it might be a relatively fast process there.

I just have run into other forums where people are able to see when things arrive at the NVC and when it leaves and when it arrives in the fiance's embassy....i was just wondering if that is something that is done online or by phone?

Guess what everyone! we are almost at the midpoint of September!!!! yayyyy

ok...have a good one!! Check in with everyone later :whistle:

Lifting Conditions Journey

Sent Package: 6/14/12

NOA1: 06/15/12

NOA2 Biometrics Appt Notification: 7/12/12

Text/email alert: address changed 1/29/13

Interview:

Approval Date: 1/30/12

AOS Journey:

Sent AOS package: 03/23/10

NOA1 (AOS, EAD, AP): 03/31/10

EAD Card received: 06/14/10

AP Received: 06/14/2010

INTERVIEW: 07/07/10 @ 8:20AM

Greencard: Approved! 07/07/10

07/14/2010: AOS Welcome Letter Received

07/15/2010: AOS TEXT/EMAIL Alert Received! Post Decision Activity

K1 Journey:

NOA1 7/16/09

NOA2: 11/19/09

Embassy received: 12/07/09

Interview: 12/21/09

AP: Approved :) 12/21/09

Visa Received: 12/23/09

US Entry: 12/28/09

Speaking on what happens after the NOA2 point - is there a way of tracking things after it leaves CSC?

I think when it comes to the lebanese embassy - I have been on their website and all it says is when packet 3 is complete to email them to set up an interview - seems like it might be a relatively fast process there.

I just have run into other forums where people are able to see when things arrive at the NVC and when it leaves and when it arrives in the fiance's embassy....i was just wondering if that is something that is done online or by phone?

Good morning to you too, although it's already 6pm over here :devil:

Regarding the time after NOA2, I once came across a thread here at VJ that I decided to keep for later on. Perhaps you'd like to take a look too? http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=202339

Not 100% sure how it works, and of course have not been able to test it out, but it looks interesting so perhaps it's something we all can use to check on our cases.. and yeah! We're almost in the middle of september, that's so awesome!

The days can be so slow but it sure helps to have all of you guys here during this process :luv:

07.15.09 - Received NOA1

10.16.09 - Case left NVC

fqaVm8.png

Timeline

Good morning to you too, although it's already 6pm over here :devil:

Regarding the time after NOA2, I once came across a thread here at VJ that I decided to keep for later on. Perhaps you'd like to take a look too? http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=202339

Not 100% sure how it works, and of course have not been able to test it out, but it looks interesting so perhaps it's something we all can use to check on our cases.. and yeah! We're almost in the middle of september, that's so awesome!

The days can be so slow but it sure helps to have all of you guys here during this process :luv:

I'll definitely check it out ...thank you! :) Good evening! haha

Interview:

AOS Journey:

K1 Journey:

NOA1 7/16/09

how exciting!!

You make a joke, but there is some seriousness as well. If you were an adjudicator at the CSC, and wanted "easy" petition packages to approve, you would pick a thin one out of the pile. Less papers to scan through, means less work. It's what I have been saying all along--just send in the bare essentials in the packet, and don't front load it with 8 pounds of chat logs and emails. Thin is in! :thumbs:

Edited by itzallgood

Sign-on-a-church-af.jpgLogic-af.jpgwwiao.gif

Timeline
You make a joke, but there is some seriousness as well. If you were an adjudicator at the CSC, and wanted "easy" petition packages to approve, you would pick a thin one out of the pile. Less papers to scan through, means less work. It's what I have been saying all along--just send in the bare essentials in the packet, and don't front load it with 8 pounds of chat logs and emails. Thin is in!

Interesting... I never thought of the "easy" petitions in terms of actual brevity of the application. I always thought about the "low fraud" cases, the ones from "easy" low risk countries. Their words, not mine, hence the quotes. I'd like to think they don't get held up just because of that. But again, maybe I'm just being a pollyanna.

But you raise an interesting point. Now I'm counting pages on the copy of my NOA1 :rofl:

Packet 4 Received :

502e43ccdf.png

Timeline
You make a joke, but there is some seriousness as well. If you were an adjudicator at the CSC, and wanted "easy" petition packages to approve, you would pick a thin one out of the pile. Less papers to scan through, means less work. It's what I have been saying all along--just send in the bare essentials in the packet, and don't front load it with 8 pounds of chat logs and emails. Thin is in!

Interesting... I never thought of the "easy" petitions in terms of actual brevity of the application. I always thought about the "low fraud" cases, the ones from "easy" low risk countries. Their words, not mine, hence the quotes. I'd like to think they don't get held up just because of that. But again, maybe I'm just being a pollyanna.

But you raise an interesting point. Now I'm counting pages on the copy of my NOA1 :rofl:

I was thinking easy in the sense of no prior marriages to confirm that divorce was finalized - or no prior children etc.

Interview:

AOS Journey:

K1 Journey:

NOA1 7/16/09

Well this topic is getting me interested because we did not exactly send them a 'thin' package. It's organized and put well together, should be easy to read through with plastic pockets and all that.. but we do have more than a few pages. We were thinking we wanted to eliminate the whole 'fraud' thing by showing them that we have a genuine relationship with frequent contact, visits etc :blush:

07.15.09 - Received NOA1

10.16.09 - Case left NVC

fqaVm8.png

I actually really enjoy this group.. I love getting an update each day of how everyone is feeling.. funnily enough it is usually the same as me lol...

I'll def keep this up to date throughout the whole journey and also interested to see how you all get on after!! I just have such a good feeling that we'll all get processed in time and I really hope no one is left waiting...

maybe in the future we could even sort something like a reunion lol in a neutral place?? just an idea and maybe it would be fun!?

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.