eagles24

Another question

17 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hey guys, last year my salary was $34,900, while this year about $54,000

My fiancee's interview is on September, so, do i need a co-sponsor?

Also, is it enough to send the pay stubs of the last two months till this week to my fiancee (she didn't receive the packet 3 yet but the embassy just shipped it on friday). Since her interview is in the beginning of September, is it a problem that I send the pay stubs worked until July 25, since I will be going to Europe and be with my fiancee until August 12th, while Im traveling, and give to her the pay stubs, but is it a problem to send the pay stubs worked until July 25??

Thank youuuuuuuuu

-February 17th, 2009 I-129F application sent

-February 19th, 2009 I-129F arrived in Vermont

-February 26th, 2009 received NOA1

-June 30th, 2009 NOA2 approved

-July 29, 2009 Medical exam passed

-September 3, 2009 Interview passed!!!

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
Hey guys, last year my salary was $34,900, while this year about $54,000

My fiancee's interview is on September, so, do i need a co-sponsor?

Also, is it enough to send the pay stubs of the last two months till this week to my fiancee (she didn't receive the packet 3 yet but the embassy just shipped it on friday). Since her interview is in the beginning of September, is it a problem that I send the pay stubs worked until July 25, since I will be going to Europe and be with my fiancee until August 12th, while Im traveling, and give to her the pay stubs, but is it a problem to send the pay stubs worked until July 25??

Thank youuuuuuuuu

There is a form I-864P which outlines the poverty Guidelines.. If there are only the two of you, the 125% Poverty Guideline is: $17,500. For Alaska and Hawaii slightly Higher. If there are three of you then: $22,000. We have not received our NOA2 yet and i am sending to her, W2 statements, letter from employer, Last few pay stubs, most recent year of tax return and some bank statments and I am hoping that will be enough.

D-

So I guess, I do not need a co-sponsor.

I got few more questions :innocent:

1) when I filled G-325A, in the jobs list, I did not list the 2 other companies that I worked in 2008, I only listed 2 better known companies that I worked in 2008, and 1 company before 2008, so since I have to send the 1040 Form to my fiancee, should I attach the W-2 forms, which includes all 4 companies that I worked for during 2008??? (the embassy asked her for 1040 forms from me)

2)Right now I am printing Phone bills from NOA1 to present, I am printing only the page where the numbers were dialed, should I print all pages including front page and other pages???

thank you :D

Edited by eagles24

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

You need to send her the W2s for every 1040 that you send to her. If I were you, I would send all of them to prove that my income was sufficient.

Puzzled as to why you wouldn't list every job you've recently held on the G-325a...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

You're supposed to list every job you've held in the past five years on the G-325A, and also supposed to account for periods of unemployment. You didn't, and now you're going to submit a tax return to the consulate that shows jobs that were not listed on the G-325A. What happens now is anybody's guess, and probably depends on the consulate and particular CO who reviews your package at the interview.

You have a potential problem. If you submit the tax return without W2's for every job for which you claimed income, you're probably going to get an RFE for the other W2's. Otherwise, the CO is going to think you're doctoring your tax return to make your income look better. If you submit the W2's for the other jobs, then you've given the CO everything they need to deny your case for misrepresentation. All they need is to find something that USCIS didn't know at the time you submitted the original petition and they can nuke your petition and send it back to USCIS with a recommendation that the approval of the petition be revoked.

You can't submit a revised G-325A to the consulate because the G-325A is not approved by the consulate - it's approved by USCIS. The consulate cannot replace any document in your original petition that's already been approved by USCIS.

And there is your quandry. You have a document in your initial petition that conflicts with material information you must now submit to the consulate.

I recommend you get transcripts for the tax returns from the IRS. No W2's are required to be submitted to the consulate if you send transcripts, and the transcripts do NOT list the particular places you worked - they only contain a line item list of the dollar amounts from your original tax return. Don't ask - don't tell. :whistle:

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

damn, now I'm in trouble :S

what is the quickest way to get the return tax transcrips from IRS?? Since I will be leaving the states on Sunday???

Timeline
damn, now I'm in trouble :S

what is the quickest way to get the return tax transcrips from IRS?? Since I will be leaving the states on Sunday???

Call the IRS and ask them to FAX the transcripts to you. They'll usually fax them within an hour of the call.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I have another question regarding the I-134 form. Figured I'd ask here instead of opening another thread :blush:

On my 2008 tax return I did not earn enough to be above the poverty level. I was unemployed from January to August, and I made around $12,000 from August to December. However, I've been employed full-time from August until the present time, and make well over the 125% povertly limit. Will I still need a co-sponsor because my income was not high enough last year? Or am I okay with a letter from my employer, (my county's District Attorney), that states I have been working full time for a year?

K-1 process:

05-05-2009: Mailed I-129F

05-15-2009: NOA1

05-20-2009: Check cashed

08-19-2009: NOA2 Email

08-24-2009: NOA2 Hardcopy

08-24-2009: NVC In

08-26-2009: NVC Out

08-28-2009: Consulate Received

09-03-2009: Packet 3 Received

09-04-2009: Packet 3 Returned (via fax)

09-04-2009: Interview date (by email)

09-08-2009: Packet 4 received

09-16-2009: Medical Appointment

09-17-2009: Interview

09-22-2009: Visa in hand

10-20-2009?: POE

10-31-2009: Legal marriage

05-22-2010: <3 Our wedding <3

Our wait is almost over <3

God, I am in trouble :S

My fiancee received the packet from the embassy, and on a letter it said that she needs to have the 1040 form from me...do I need the 1040 form that I have here with W2, or does the tax return transcript work without the 1040 plus W2???

or is the tax return transcript same as 1040 form??

You're supposed to list every job you've held in the past five years on the G-325A, and also supposed to account for periods of unemployment. You didn't, and now you're going to submit a tax return to the consulate that shows jobs that were not listed on the G-325A. What happens now is anybody's guess, and probably depends on the consulate and particular CO who reviews your package at the interview.

You have a potential problem. If you submit the tax return without W2's for every job for which you claimed income, you're probably going to get an RFE for the other W2's. Otherwise, the CO is going to think you're doctoring your tax return to make your income look better. If you submit the W2's for the other jobs, then you've given the CO everything they need to deny your case for misrepresentation. All they need is to find something that USCIS didn't know at the time you submitted the original petition and they can nuke your petition and send it back to USCIS with a recommendation that the approval of the petition be revoked.

You can't submit a revised G-325A to the consulate because the G-325A is not approved by the consulate - it's approved by USCIS. The consulate cannot replace any document in your original petition that's already been approved by USCIS.

And there is your quandry. You have a document in your initial petition that conflicts with material information you must now submit to the consulate.

I recommend you get transcripts for the tax returns from the IRS. No W2's are required to be submitted to the consulate if you send transcripts, and the transcripts do NOT list the particular places you worked - they only contain a line item list of the dollar amounts from your original tax return. Don't ask - don't tell. :whistle:

this is really scaring me man, everything is falling apart, the reason i did not post 2 other companies in the G325 is because I worked part-time temporary :S damn what do i do now?

in the packet 3 it says that I should give the 1040 form...while I will receive the tax return transcript from IRS in 10 days...does this tax transcript help or do i also need the W2??? :S

Timeline

My fiancee received the packet from the embassy, and on a letter it said that she needs to have the 1040 form from me...do I need the 1040 form that I have here with W2, or does the tax return transcript work without the 1040 plus W2???

Most consulates ask for the tax return and W2's, but I've never heard of one that won't accept the IRS transcripts. You should contact the consulate, just to be sure. The transcripts are usually considered more reliable than a tax return because they show the numbers the IRS recorded into their computers. Anybody can download a 1040 form and write anything they want into it. Forging an IRS transcript would take considerably more work because it contains a tracking number that can easily be confirmed with the IRS.

It depends on your embassy, but many of them take a long time to respond to an email. You may not receive an answer to your question before you leave. I'd get the transcripts and bring both transcripts AND 1040 + W2's with you, just in case.

Timeline

this is really scaring me man, everything is falling apart, the reason i did not post 2 other companies in the G325 is because I worked part-time temporary :S damn what do i do now?

in the packet 3 it says that I should give the 1040 form...while I will receive the tax return transcript from IRS in 10 days...does this tax transcript help or do i also need the W2??? :S

Relax! I was giving the worst case scenario, but since it IS possible it should be addressed.

Like I said, you can get the transcripts faxed to you the same day you ask for them. If you don't have a fax machine, then go to a Kinko's or UPS store and call the IRS from there - give them the store's fax number. The fee for receiving a fax is generally only a few bucks. If you get the transcript then you will NOT need the W2's. There are both USCIS and State Department memoranda that say that a tax transcript is acceptable, and that W2's are not required with the transcript.

This page describes how to request a transcript:

http://www.irs.gov/taxtopics/tc156.html

If I recall, besides the SSN, they also wanted to know the AGI from my 2008 tax return for identification purposes. Bring a copy of your tax return to the Kinko's or UPS store, just in case they ask for information from it.

Most consulates ask for the tax return and W2's, but I've never heard of one that won't accept the IRS transcripts. You should contact the consulate, just to be sure. The transcripts are usually considered more reliable than a tax return because they show the numbers the IRS recorded into their computers. Anybody can download a 1040 form and write anything they want into it. Forging an IRS transcript would take considerably more work because it contains a tracking number that can easily be confirmed with the IRS.

It depends on your embassy, but many of them take a long time to respond to an email. You may not receive an answer to your question before you leave. I'd get the transcripts and bring both transcripts AND 1040 + W2's with you, just in case.

Jim thank you for your time and help.

I am going to email the embassy and ask them. Should I ask them like this "as for the tax return for the 2008, do I need to send to my fiancee the tax return transcripts from the IRS that I will get it, or should I send something else?"

am i really doomed???

All of this is for the embassy interview.

I just got the tax return transcript from a local IRS office. It looks like they printed from online but its stamped IRS and all the info. But its good.

So, since I did not list the two part-time temporary jobs in the G325, should I:

-send the tax return transcript alone (are the chances high of RFE due to not supplying 1040 and W2 forms?)

or

-send tax return transcrips plus 1040, and W2 forms (including of 2 companies that I did not list in the G 325 form)

or

-send tax return transcrips plus 1040, and W2 forms (including of 2 companies that I did not list in the G 325 form) AND WRITE WITH A PEN on W2 forms of the 2 companies not listed in the G 325 form "Temporary part-time"

Please please help me, because after all the hard work of collecting all this evidence, emails, phone bills, job verifications, too much time consuming, I feel freaked out that this tax thing might not let my fiancee get the visa :S

Timeline
am i really doomed???

All of this is for the embassy interview.

I just got the tax return transcript from a local IRS office. It looks like they printed from online but its stamped IRS and all the info. But its good.

So, since I did not list the two part-time temporary jobs in the G325, should I:

-send the tax return transcript alone (are the chances high of RFE due to not supplying 1040 and W2 forms?)

or

-send tax return transcrips plus 1040, and W2 forms (including of 2 companies that I did not list in the G 325 form)

or

-send tax return transcrips plus 1040, and W2 forms (including of 2 companies that I did not list in the G 325 form) AND WRITE WITH A PEN on W2 forms of the 2 companies not listed in the G 325 form "Temporary part-time"

Please please help me, because after all the hard work of collecting all this evidence, emails, phone bills, job verifications, too much time consuming, I feel freaked out that this tax thing might not let my fiancee get the visa :S

Geez, unwind! :)

You said in an earlier post that you were leaving on Sunday. Are you going to see your fiancee? If so, bring BOTH the transcripts AND the 1040 w/W2's. That way you're covered no matter what the consulate says in response to the email. I can't imagine them not accepting the transcripts instead of the 1040. I've never heard of a consulate that didn't accept the transcripts.

Unless the consulate says they specifically want the 1040, and won't accept the transcripts, then have your fiancee bring ONLY the transcripts to the interview. If they insist on the 1040 (again, I've never heard of a consulate that does this) then have her bring the 1040 and W2's EXACTLY as they were submitted to the IRS. Write NOTHING on the 1040 - the only exception is that the 1040 MUST be signed by you. The transcripts do not need to be signed. If she brings the 1040 and they happen to notice the discrepancy then your fiancee can explain that they were part time temp jobs, and you didn't think they needed to be listed. If it's a low stress consulate then they'll probably accept that. If it's a high stress (i.e., high fraud) consulate, then they could use it as an excuse to deny, but that doesn't mean that they will. That's why I said it depends on the consulate and CO at the interview.

By the way, what country is your fiancee in?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.