SaadBell

Monday

44 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Picture of the birthday present George bought me. He picked it out himself and gave it to me 2 days early.

I love that gold isnt as expensive here and the quality is better..this is 18k solid gold.

SANY3141.jpg

SANY3150.jpg

excuse my scaley skin on my hand lol, i do dishes 3 times a day and its dry here lol

Jess, your ring is BEAUTIFUL!! Looks very very nice on your finger!!! Congratulations!!

200552682v4_225x225_Front.jpg

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

8 days until Abigail and I leave for Egypt... what do you do with a nearly-six-year-old on an airplane for 18 hours?! (i have already had the suggestion of benadryl and whiskey, neither of which are options that i would actually consider... unfortunately :wacko: )

Filed: Other Country: Lebanon
Timeline
8 days until Abigail and I leave for Egypt... what do you do with a nearly-six-year-old on an airplane for 18 hours?! (i have already had the suggestion of benadryl and whiskey, neither of which are options that i would actually consider... unfortunately :wacko: )

Im really worried about how my -going to be- 15mth old will do on a 13hr flight. he was such a good traveler before....when he wasnt interested in moving all over and never staying still.

Hopefully your daughter will sleep for some of the flight. if you get window and aisle, let her have the window so you knw she isnt getting up and wandering off if u doze off. if she likes books that would be cool too or coloring or something she enjoys, hopefully they have a good movie playing.

June 11 05-Married George, civil ceremony in New York

May 30 08-Baby Joshua was born

Jan 15-Back to NY we go...

May 10-made decision not to go back overseas.

July 10-filed for divorce

Jan 11-Divorce final

July 11-1st trip to take Josh to see George

Mar 12-2nd trip to take Josh to see George

MfXV.jpg.png

1LR1.jpg.png

Jess, I like ur present!! I wouldn't mind having something like that!

Visited Jordan-December 2004

Interview-December 2005

Visa approved-December 2005, 1 week later after supplying "more information"

Arrived U.S.A.-December 2005

Removed Conditions-September 2008

Divorced in December 2013

lovingmemory.jpgInlovingmemory-2.gifmybabygirl-1-1.jpghenna_rose.jpg37320lovesaved-1.jpg

Filed: Other Country: Lebanon
Timeline

Thanks everyone, i really love it!!

June 11 05-Married George, civil ceremony in New York

May 30 08-Baby Joshua was born

Jan 15-Back to NY we go...

May 10-made decision not to go back overseas.

July 10-filed for divorce

Jan 11-Divorce final

July 11-1st trip to take Josh to see George

Mar 12-2nd trip to take Josh to see George

MfXV.jpg.png

1LR1.jpg.png

Timeline

Its so prettyyyyyyyyyyyy Jess!!!!

07/21/11 filed AOS off tourist visa

07/28/11 USCIS cashed check

07/30/11 Recieved NOA1 and Biometrics letter

08/24/2011 Biometrics

08/25/2011 RFE sent to us for some info we've already sent in

08/30/2011 sent in the rest of info USCIS asked for

09/13/2011 went to congressman's office to sign papers for expedite of work permit, due to financial hardship

09/15/2011 Work permit expedite approved!! He can finally find a job!

09/24/2011 work permit arrives

09/26/2011 Apply for social security number!

09/30/2011 Letter is sent for interview

11/07/2011 INTERVIEW!!!

Its 2012 and still no approval! Still waiting

01/27/2012 Letter sent stating that file was sent on for more review :(

9iad5hjppr.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Has she ever taken Benadryl before? Why are you opposed to that option? It actually, so I was told, helps their ears not to hurt so bad as well as obviously putting them to sleep. I always gave my two girls benadryl when we'd fly to florida. Worked like a charm. Get in the plane, feed 'em, take 'em to the bathroom, get them all comfy cozy with a book or a movie on the screen in front of us and then give them the ole benadry. 10 minutes flat they'd be out like a light and I could relax and read almost a whole book! They'd wake up refreshed and rarin' to meet the big ole black rat we call Mickey. :)

If I were going with a nearly six year old to Egypt (which I would never do, God love you I have no patience) I'd just ask the pediatrician what they suggest to do.

A few other things you might want:

EARPLANES...these are the kind that supposedly help with the painful ear popping that the kids get

gum - again for the ear popping

Oh and don't forget these:

120a_1_b.JPG If you have time, order them from ebay since they're double the cost at the airport. It's a toy AND it helps them sleep without getting a sore neck which can totally ruin your time there.

I would also bring some antibacterial gel for those little hands that just seem to find all the germs on the planet. Let's face it they're like walking petri dishes until they're about ten years old so in this day and age of the swine flu I'd bring buckets of that stuff. Even give it out as presents if they don't have the nice smelling ones that they sell at Bath and Body Works.

Nice present Jess!!!!! :dance::dance::dance:

I feel so strange. I'm waiting up for my husband and my 13 yr old. The hubster's at work but Emily and her friends wanted to go to this place Canabie Lake Park at night. Someone's dad drove them there ( 1 1/2 hours), is chaperoning them the whole time and then is driving them back!!! That dad deserves a medal!!!!

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

Timeline
Has she ever taken Benadryl before? Why are you opposed to that option?

If I were going with a nearly six year old to Egypt (which I would never do, God love you I have no patience) I'd just ask the pediatrician what they suggest to do.

A few other things you might want:

EARPLANES...these are the kind that supposedly help with the painful ear popping that the kids get

gum - again for the ear popping

I would also bring some antibacterial gel for those little hands that just seem to find all the germs on the planet. Let's face it they're like walking petri dishes until they're about ten years old so in this day and age of the swine flu I'd bring buckets of that stuff. Even give it out as presents if they don't have the nice smelling ones that they sell at Bath and Body Works.

She has pretty severe allergies, so she's taken Benadryl plenty of times in the past... but she's one of those kids that 50% of the time it'll knock her out, and 50% of the time it'll amp her up and just make her antsy and cranky. I don't really want to risk that 50% chance of Crabigail, so i decided to just skip it unless she needs it. I'm still going to bring it, in case she ends up with motion sickness or something (she's never flown before)... who knows, maybe 8-10 hours in i will change my tune :P

Have you tried those Earplanes before? I actually have an awful time flying, due to the pressure, I end up arriving to my destination with a raging sinus headache... If they work, they would be super helpful.

You reminded me that I need to go by B&B and get some hand sanitizer! I practically bathe my hands in that stuff when we go out in Egypt :P (especially if we have to use a public toilet... :blink: )

Edited by amysaid

Filed: Country: Egypt
Timeline
She has pretty severe allergies, so she's taken Benadryl plenty of times in the past... but she's one of those kids that 50% of the time it'll knock her out, and 50% of the time it'll amp her up and just make her antsy and cranky. I don't really want to risk that 50% chance of Crabigail, so i decided to just skip it unless she needs it. I'm still going to bring it, in case she ends up with motion sickness or something (she's never flown before)... who knows, maybe 8-10 hours in i will change my tune :P

That just totally cracked me up, Crabigail. :lol:

Do you call her that out loud or just to yourself?

Hope you find a good solution for the flight. :)

Living with hubby in Egypt, at last.

Timeline

That just totally cracked me up, Crabigail. :lol:

Do you call her that out loud or just to yourself?

Hope you find a good solution for the flight. :)

When she was younger i used it when she was fussy, but for the most part she's a really good kid (when i give her the attention she needs, and don't hang out on VJ when she wants to talk to me!) so i don't have much opportunity. She's really kind of hilarious and qurky, i can't wait to see what she grows up to be like. The other day, she was sitting on the edge of my bed and very solemnly said "Mommy, I smell something. ... It smells like victory." totally deadpan. then she walked away. :P she is sooooo friendly, exuberant and outgoing, pretty much the polar opposite of what i'm like (shy, wallflower, plodding and methodical), it just astounds me some days.

By the way, Melly-- if there's anything you need that you'd like me to bring along, I'd be more than happy to. I am pack-horsing a bunch of stuff for other people, so a little more won't hurt. I seem to recall you pining away for some insect repellent?

Edited by amysaid

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.