Patrick n Meghan

Affidavit of support....HELP me i have many questions!

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Ok so I'm trying to get the I-129F package together and Im trying to fill out the affidavit of support. I am a single mother and currently do not have a job but am starting college in january. So i have someone willing to be my affidavit but on question 3 im not sure whether to put in my name or my fiance's? and do i fill out one as well even though i have no current income? help me please!

Our Timeline

11-28-08 We first met when he came to Florida

12-04-08 We shared our first kiss

01-16-09 Patrick came back to Florida for 3 weeks

04-01-09 I went to England and stayed for 2 weeks

07-04-09 Patrick came back for 2 weeks

07-17-09 Patrick proposed!

08-10-09 Sent out I-129F

08-13-09 NOA1

08-20-09 NOA1 in hand/receipt

10-06-09 NOA2! Approved in 54 days!!!!

10-13-09 NOA2 in hand/receipt

f_8a3ab61679bd.jpg

ticker.png

The US citizen fiancé/spouse is always the Sponsor, regardless of income status. A co-sponsor would complete their own I-134 and include all supporting documents.

Presumably you are referring to the I-134 - Line 3 is for the name(s) of the foreign beneficiary (your fiancé).

There is an example I-134 in the Example Forms section (above).

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Ok so I'm trying to get the I-129F package together and Im trying to fill out the affidavit of support. I am a single mother and currently do not have a job but am starting college in january. So i have someone willing to be my affidavit but on question 3 im not sure whether to put in my name or my fiance's? and do i fill out one as well even though i have no current income? help me please!

You do not need the affidavit of support until your I-129f is approved. If your just at the beginning stage submitting to the USCIS then you don't need the affidavit of support yet.

K-1

05/05/2009 - NOA1

07/17/2009 - NOA2

08/27/2009 - Visa Received

10/09/2009 - Married

AOS/EAD

11/18/2009 - NOA1

01/15/2010 - EAD Approved

02/25/2010 - AOS Interview

Adjuticator's Field Manual

Old VJ Adjuticator Q/A

Disclaimer : 100% of the time I only think I know what I'm talking about.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

You do not need the affidavit of support until your I-129f is approved. If your just at the beginning stage submitting to the USCIS then you don't need the affidavit of support yet.

it won't be needed until the interview, which is anywhere from 3-4 months or more after i-129f approval.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Thank you so much! All this paperwork is making my head spin and to think im only starting.

Our Timeline

11-28-08 We first met when he came to Florida

12-04-08 We shared our first kiss

01-16-09 Patrick came back to Florida for 3 weeks

04-01-09 I went to England and stayed for 2 weeks

07-04-09 Patrick came back for 2 weeks

07-17-09 Patrick proposed!

08-10-09 Sent out I-129F

08-13-09 NOA1

08-20-09 NOA1 in hand/receipt

10-06-09 NOA2! Approved in 54 days!!!!

10-13-09 NOA2 in hand/receipt

f_8a3ab61679bd.jpg

ticker.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.