6 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Yes, anything that is not in English needs to be translated. Wish you guys a fast process through NVC.

Casandra and Aziz's Timeline
03/26/07 - Received my first call from Aziz
07/21/07 - 1st trip
12/14/07 - 2nd visit to Morocco
05/20/08 - 3rd visit to Morocco
07/10/08 - Married in Morocco
02/15/09 - 4th trip to Morocco

05/12/12 - 1st trip to Morocco together

CR1 Visa Journey
10/06/08 - Sent I-130 Packet
10/09/08 - Received NOA1
04/24/09 - Approval Notice Sent for I-130
07/13/09 - Informed by NVC Casa consulate busy***wait for September interview
07/27/09 - Received appointment letter from NVC WOHOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
09/14/09 - CR1 interview in Casa @ 8:00 am ******APPROVED******
09/15/09 - Visa in Hand
11/07/09 - Travel to US
11/27/09 - Received greencard
ROC
10/21/11 - Sent I-751 package
10/24/11 - USCIS receives the package
10/31/11 - NOA1 received
11/18/11 - Biometrics Interview in JAX
06/27/12 - Approval Notice sent

N-400

09/21/13 - Application filed

09/26/13 - NOA received

10/24/13 - Biometics apt

12/12/13 - Interview date

01/01/14 - Approval notice sent

03/27/14 - Oath ceremony

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Benin
Timeline

Sort of related. If the PCC comes in English, even though that is not the language of the country, does it have to have some sort of "translation" affidavit with it? We had gotten a PCC from China for my husband and it was in English. It is now no longer valid, but if we get another one, it will probably be in English like the last one.

AOS Timeline

4/14/10 - Packet received at Chicago Lockbox at 9:22 AM (Day 1)

4/24/10 - Received hardcopy NOAs (Day 10)

5/14/10 - Biometrics taken. (Day 31)

5/29/10 - Interview letter received 6/30 at 10:30 (Day 46)

6/30/10 - Interview: 10:30 (Day 77) APPROVED!!!

6/30/10 - EAD received in the mail

7/19/10 - GC in hand! (Day 96) .

i did my wife's death certificate translation in english myself on my pc and send to NVC and i had no problem at all

u dont need to notorized it . just translate to ur best and keep the same format and send both original and tranlation together

that is what i did and nvc had no problem

abby n sheryl

Our time line for CR1 visa took only 5 months and 1 week or 156 days; from the filing the I-130 on the 03-12-2009 to Approval of NOA2 on the 05/13/2009, then Interview on the 08/18/2009 at Manila, Philippines. We had a daughter on the 11-12-2010 named AISHA JOY means HAPPY LIFE.a1_opt-1.jpga2_opt-1.jpga3_opt-1.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline
Does anyone know if you have to translate Police certificate's and birth certificates when sending documents to the NVC?

I was told by NVC that documents do NOT need to be translated if the documents are in the native language of the embassy where the interview is going to take place.....ie...when i presented documents for my wife's cr1 last year i had everything translated before learning it was unnecessary....this year when i presented documents for my stepson's cr2 i did NOT have anything translated and case was completed and interview date sheduled....good luck

Edited by Lars-N-Yenia

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline

Translation Requirements

All documents not in English, or in the official language of the country in which application for a visa is being made, must be accompanied by certified translations.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3195.html

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.