johnholmessc

DCF Italy - Question about I864 with Joint Sponsor in the USA

67 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Denmark
Timeline

Found it! This link is good for looking up medical information for ALL countries. Just choose your embassy location from the drop down menu and it tells you where you can find panel approved physicians. It also tells you the steps in obtaining your medical.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/in...ng_for_med_exam

Page 3 of that link also tells you what documents you will need for the interview. Basically, everything on these pages it what they will send you in packet 3 (info about medical, what documents to gather for the interview.

Page 4 gives you the opportunity to pull up the requirements of your embassy location which gives detailed information about what to expect at your interview when appearing at the embassy. This was the paper we got in packet 4 which actually notified us of our interview date.

Actually, it would be great to have these as a sticky!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline

AWSOME!!!! Thanks for the Info.... We need to wait for the package from the embassy to schedule this right??

10/14/2000 - Met Aboard a Cruise ship

06/14/2003 - Married Savona Italy

I-130

03/21/2009 - I-130 Mailed to Chicago lockbox

11-30-09: GOT GREEN CARD in mail!!!!!!

Citizenship Process;

1/11/2013: Mailed N400 to Dallas Texas

3/11/2013: interview.. Approved

4/4/2013. : Oath! Now a U.S. citizen!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline
AWSOME!!!! Thanks for the Info.... We need to wait for the package from the embassy to schedule this right??

He will do the medical at Istituto Varelli in Naples.. Where the interview will eventually be.. It's really too bad you didnt think of DCF sooner as it took me and my wife 7 weeks total from sending the I-130 to Rome.. I think it would still be quicker if you canceled your application with UCSIS in the states and go the DCF route, but that's just me.

4-18-09: Married in Italy

7-9-09: Mailed I-130 to US embassy Rome

7-10-09: I-130 recieved

7-20-09: I-130 approved forwarded to consul in Naples

7-30-09: Packet 3 received via e-mail

7-31-09: DS-230 Part 1 faxed to consulate

7-31-09: Packet 4 received via e-mail

8-7-09: Called Naples consulate to schedule interview

9-1-09: Interview (50 days since I-130 received)- APPROVED!!!

thanks VJ

Timeline

Good, I will let him know!! Thanks...

I-130

Citizenship Process;

Filed: Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

The medical for visa interviews at the Naples Consulate is always done the day before at the Istituto Varelli. The vast majority of embassies/consulates in other countries allow you to schedule your own interview, but Italy seems to have changed the procedure several years ago. From what I have read and heard, it seems like a relatively simple procedure, and is probably better than having to worry about doing all of that stuff on your own. You can get it all out of the way in a day and a half.

We are going on the 5th (medical) and 6th (interview) of October, and we are the people who are doing the transatlantic cruise to the US (leaving on the 27th of October) from Civitavecchia. :thumbs:

Timeline

In thinking about it, it is easier to just do it all in one trip anyway, and since Naples does not give you much of a choice anyway.... thanks for the info...

When you scheduled the interview, did you just call up or did they give it to you? I ask because I am hoping that we dont have to wait for NVC here to tell him when the interview is or if they are more flexible?

Inter, Congratulations on the cruise! That is one thing I always wanted to do. I assume you are doing a repositioning cruise? Which line? My husband used to work for Carnival and although I did hundreds of cruises, the transatlantic was one we always thought would be so romantic.... Have fun! and Congrats on your interview....

Thanks Italy to USA... but For us, as far as switching to DCF... Too late... we are closer going this route at the moment, plus our fees are paid for NVC and my documents are being sent in the next few days... just one of those woulda, coulda, shoulda things :(

I-130

Citizenship Process;

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline
Ciao, I seem to have found all the Italian cases..lol... I think I messed up :crying: You see, I have filed my I-130 here in the US and am waiting at the CSC.

However, I also have residency in Italy in the form of my Permisso Di Siorggornio and and Carta di Identita. I was wondering if it might be possible to switch to a DCF filing at this point? I only ask as it has been 3+ months waiting for NOA2 and not looking to be moving too fast. :clock:

I will be in Italy with my husband for the next 6 weeks and wondered if possible to switch or also file there or would that screw stuff up??? Is it a faster process at this point, just wonderdering what ya'll think??

BTW, my husband and I have been married for 7 years but he worked on a ship so we could not apply earlier. I have had my residence there since 2004.

Any info would be helpful... Best of luck to all!!

Thanks

Christeen

Dont tell me that... before discovering this awesome forum, i didnt even had an idea how the process would have been... And after looking into DCF i wanted to bit my hands for not researching before... and it was already july, so we were expecting to get approved soon....

Service Center: Vermont Service Center

Consulate: Naples Italy

Marriage: 2005-02-13

I-130 Sent: 2009-01-20

I-130 Approved: 2009-08-18

NVC Received: 2009-08-XX

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2009-08-31

Pay I-864 Bill 2009-09-04

Receive I-864 Package : 2009-09-21

Return Completed I-864 : 2009-09-22

Return Completed DS-3032 : 2009-09-09

Receive IV Bill : 2009-09-15

Pay IV Bill : 2009-09-18

NVC received : 2009-09-25

NVC LOG IN FAILED : 2009-10-03 AAAAAAA!!!!?!!?!?!

Case Completed at NVC : 2009-10-05

NVC Left : 2009-10-13

Interview Date : 2009-11-17

Visa Received :

US Entry :

JUST SOME MORE TIME AND IT WILL BE OVER!!!!

Timeline

The medical for visa interviews at the Naples Consulate is always done the day before at the Istituto Varelli. The vast majority of embassies/consulates in other countries allow you to schedule your own interview, but Italy seems to have changed the procedure several years ago. From what I have read and heard, it seems like a relatively simple procedure, and is probably better than having to worry about doing all of that stuff on your own. You can get it all out of the way in a day and a half.

We are going on the 5th (medical) and 6th (interview) of October, and we are the people who are doing the transatlantic cruise to the US (leaving on the 27th of October) from Civitavecchia. :thumbs:

How long before the interview was scheduled??

This is great, its basically an Italian cases 3d hihihi :dance:

Visa Received :

US Entry :

Timeline
Ciao, I seem to have found all the Italian cases..lol... I think I messed up :crying: You see, I have filed my I-130 here in the US and am waiting at the CSC.

However, I also have residency in Italy in the form of my Permisso Di Siorggornio and and Carta di Identita. I was wondering if it might be possible to switch to a DCF filing at this point? I only ask as it has been 3+ months waiting for NOA2 and not looking to be moving too fast. :clock:

I will be in Italy with my husband for the next 6 weeks and wondered if possible to switch or also file there or would that screw stuff up??? Is it a faster process at this point, just wonderdering what ya'll think??

BTW, my husband and I have been married for 7 years but he worked on a ship so we could not apply earlier. I have had my residence there since 2004.

Thanks

Christeen

Dont tell me that... before discovering this awesome forum, i didnt even had an idea how the process would have been... And after looking into DCF i wanted to bit my hands for not researching before... and it was already july, so we were expecting to get approved soon....

Tell me about it!!! I kick my self all the time for waiting... I applied in the US in April and got NOA2 in August, but I did not reasearch the DCF or know it existed until August.... Soooo I am stuck in the other system... But I am with NVC and they have all the info (AOS and 230) and everything is paid... Now just waiting for case completed, another 2 -3 weeks.... I am curious too when the interviews are scheduled... The sooner the better! Ciao

I-130

Citizenship Process;

Filed: Country: Afghanistan
Timeline
In thinking about it, it is easier to just do it all in one trip anyway, and since Naples does not give you much of a choice anyway.... thanks for the info...

When you scheduled the interview, did you just call up or did they give it to you? I ask because I am hoping that we dont have to wait for NVC here to tell him when the interview is or if they are more flexible?

Inter, Congratulations on the cruise! That is one thing I always wanted to do. I assume you are doing a repositioning cruise? Which line? My husband used to work for Carnival and although I did hundreds of cruises, the transatlantic was one we always thought would be so romantic.... Have fun! and Congrats on your interview....

Thanks Italy to USA... but For us, as far as switching to DCF... Too late... we are closer going this route at the moment, plus our fees are paid for NVC and my documents are being sent in the next few days... just one of those woulda, coulda, shoulda things :(

When I called Naples, they asked me when I - or rather my wife - would like to come in for the interview. I suggested the beginning of October, and then they offered several dates. After selecting the interview date, they noted the medical would come the day before.

With regard to the cruise, they are referring to it as a "transatlantic", but it is a repositioning. The ship is the Carnival Dream; they built it here in Italy at Trieste (Fincantieri) and it has three Mediterranean ventures on schedule before the transatlantic/repositioning to the US (it will sail out of Port Canaveral, I believe). Should be a good time; we need a vacation as it is, and I thought it would be fun for everyone, our two year old daughter included.

Keep us updated with how things go for you as well... we just have two weeks before the interview and a little more than 5 weeks before our scheduled departure...

Timeline

When I called Naples, they asked me when I - or rather my wife - would like to come in for the interview. I suggested the beginning of October, and then they offered several dates. After selecting the interview date, they noted the medical would come the day before.

With regard to the cruise, they are referring to it as a "transatlantic", but it is a repositioning. The ship is the Carnival Dream; they built it here in Italy at Trieste (Fincantieri) and it has three Mediterranean ventures on schedule before the transatlantic/repositioning to the US (it will sail out of Port Canaveral, I believe). Should be a good time; we need a vacation as it is, and I thought it would be fun for everyone, our two year old daughter included.

Thats the new ship... My husband was Senior 1st Engineer with Carnival (3 positions below the Captain) for 14 years, just quit to get green card and come to work in America... I will ask him who is

Keep us updated with how things go for you as well... we just have two weeks before the interview and a little more than 5 weeks before our scheduled departure...

Thats the new ship... My husband was Senior 1st Engineer with Carnival for 14 years, just quit in April to get green card and come to work in America... I will ask him who is runnin the ship, maybe if you drop a few names might get some or at least some preferentials... My husband is Franco Cervetto, if you see anyone from the engine department, they will know him...

If you need any tips or tricks about cruising Carnival, I'm your girl... took over 100 cruises on Carnival with him over the past 9 years... It should be a GREAT time... We always wanted to do a transatlantic (repositioning) whatever they call it!!!

Acireale, thats near Catania right? We spent a week in Milo with some friends of ours... My husband is from Savona, but his extended family is from Termini Imerese (Palermo).

But if they give us a November date (provided we are done the end of Sept) you can contact them for an earlier date? Is there a number you called???

I-130

Citizenship Process;

Timeline

Thanks

Christeen

Tell me about it!!! I kick my self all the time for waiting... I applied in the US in April and got NOA2 in August, but I did not reasearch the DCF or know it existed until August.... Soooo I am stuck in the other system... But I am with NVC and they have all the info (AOS and 230) and everything is paid... Now just waiting for case completed, another 2 -3 weeks.... I am curious too when the interviews are scheduled... The sooner the better! Ciao

Yeah, when you go to the USCIS office to file your petition they should just give you a piece of paper with this written on:"www.visajourney.com"

Visa Received :

US Entry :

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

Yes, this definitely turned into the Italian only thread :)

Inter, let me know how things get on next month and good luck to everyone.

4-18-09: Married in Italy

7-9-09: Mailed I-130 to US embassy Rome

7-10-09: I-130 recieved

7-20-09: I-130 approved forwarded to consul in Naples

7-30-09: Packet 3 received via e-mail

7-31-09: DS-230 Part 1 faxed to consulate

7-31-09: Packet 4 received via e-mail

8-7-09: Called Naples consulate to schedule interview

9-1-09: Interview (50 days since I-130 received)- APPROVED!!!

thanks VJ

Timeline
Yes, this definitely turned into the Italian only thread :)

Inter, let me know how things get on next month and good luck to everyone.

So what you italian guys are up to?

I sent all the documents to NVC, and now it's my turn to wait... hopefully not a long time.....

I dont know if I'm right, but everyone from around italy has to come to Naples for the interview, right?

Visa Received :

US Entry :

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.