johnholmessc

DCF Italy - Question about I864 with Joint Sponsor in the USA

67 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline
Sorry, you can read it in english too :P

Interviews at the U.S. Consulate General in Naples can be scheduled with the Visa Information Service for the following types of immigrant visas:

•All immigrant visa petitions filed in Rome.

•All approved Returning Resident Visa (SB-1) requests.

•All fiancé and K3 visas.

•All cases that were suspended after interview under Section 221(g) of the Immigration and Nationality Act due to lack of documentation.

All other types of immigrant visas will be scheduled by the U.S. Consulate General in Naples upon receipt of an approved petition.

To schedule an interview, or to receive additional information about immigrant visas, please contact the Visa Information Service (see below). If you already have a case number, please have it ready to give to the agent so they can assist you more efficiently.

Callers inside Italy can access the Visa Information Service at 899-34-34-32.

Callers outside of Italy can access the Visa Information Service at (+39) 02.3032.9656. Each call costs a flat service rate of EURO 15.00 PLUS the international phone rate that your telephone provider normally charges for calling a number in Italy. This service rate must be charged to either a Visa or MasterCard credit card. Debit or Bancomat cards cannot be used. The service is available to the public from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. ( Italy time, GMT+1), Monday through Friday, except Italian holidays.

Individuals with particularly complicated cases can e-mail the Visa Unit at the Consulate General in Naples at IVNaples@state.gov and our staff will respond to you directly. E-mail requests for routine information will be referred to the Visa Information Service at the numbers listed above.

AL

Grazie Mille.... Thanks sooo much! Wow 15 euro for a phone call!!! Once we get case complete at NVC, I figure we will send an e-mail first to see when they can schedule an interview.... We too are hoping for an October date...

Hey, is there any way to request and Infopass appointment to get in to the consulate? Or do you have to be a USC for that??? I am keeping fingers and eyes crossed that our cases get complete this week!!!!

Ciao

10/14/2000 - Met Aboard a Cruise ship

06/14/2003 - Married Savona Italy

I-130

03/21/2009 - I-130 Mailed to Chicago lockbox

11-30-09: GOT GREEN CARD in mail!!!!!!

Citizenship Process;

1/11/2013: Mailed N400 to Dallas Texas

3/11/2013: interview.. Approved

4/4/2013. : Oath! Now a U.S. citizen!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

Interviews at the U.S. Consulate General in Naples can be scheduled with the Visa Information Service for the following types of immigrant visas:

•All cases that were suspended after interview under Section 221(g) of the Immigration and Nationality Act due to lack of documentation.

All other types of immigrant visas will be scheduled by the U.S. Consulate General in Naples upon receipt of an approved petition.

To schedule an interview, or to receive additional information about immigrant visas, please contact the Visa Information Service (see below). If you already have a case number, please have it ready to give to the agent so they can assist you more efficiently.

Callers outside of Italy can access the Visa Information Service at (+39) 02.3032.9656. Each call costs a flat service rate of EURO 15.00 PLUS the international phone rate that your telephone provider normally charges for calling a number in Italy. This service rate must be charged to either a Visa or MasterCard credit card. Debit or Bancomat cards cannot be used. The service is available to the public from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. ( Italy time, GMT+1), Monday through Friday, except Italian holidays.

Individuals with particularly complicated cases can e-mail the Visa Unit at the Consulate General in Naples at IVNaples@state.gov and our staff will respond to you directly. E-mail requests for routine information will be referred to the Visa Information Service at the numbers listed above.

AL

Grazie Mille.... Thanks sooo much! Wow 15 euro for a phone call!!! Once we get case complete at NVC, I figure we will send an e-mail first to see when they can schedule an interview.... We too are hoping for an October date...

Hey, is there any way to request and Infopass appointment to get in to the consulate? Or do you have to be a USC for that??? I am keeping fingers and eyes crossed that our cases get complete this week!!!!

Ciao

Listen, I tried to, but no appointment for no reason, tonight i will call them, and i'll see if we can do anything with our NVC number, because last time i called they asked for the "NPL" number, back then i didnt know what it was, now i do know, and i will use it :innocent:

Service Center: Vermont Service Center

Consulate: Naples Italy

Marriage: 2005-02-13

I-130 Sent: 2009-01-20

I-130 Approved: 2009-08-18

NVC Received: 2009-08-XX

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2009-08-31

Pay I-864 Bill 2009-09-04

Receive I-864 Package : 2009-09-21

Return Completed I-864 : 2009-09-22

Return Completed DS-3032 : 2009-09-09

Receive IV Bill : 2009-09-15

Pay IV Bill : 2009-09-18

NVC received : 2009-09-25

NVC LOG IN FAILED : 2009-10-03 AAAAAAA!!!!?!!?!?!

Case Completed at NVC : 2009-10-05

NVC Left : 2009-10-13

Interview Date : 2009-11-17

Visa Received :

US Entry :

JUST SOME MORE TIME AND IT WILL BE OVER!!!!

Timeline

AL

Ciao

Listen, I tried to, but no appointment for no reason, tonight i will call them, and i'll see if we can do anything with our NVC number, because last time i called they asked for the "NPL" number, back then i didnt know what it was, now i do know, and i will use it :innocent:

Yes, please let me know if there is anything we can do to get something scheduled!!! Thanks

I-130

Citizenship Process;

Timeline

AL

Ciao

Yes, please let me know if there is anything we can do to get something scheduled!!! Thanks

Tried to call them, wasted 5 € for no reason

I charged the phone before calling, but as the answering machine was explaining me very very very very very slowly how much was the phone call that she was making an hour long, the line got cut, cuz i ran out of money on the cell, because the money i charged didnt come right away...

Long story short, Ill call them tomorrow morning at 8,30, and ill let you know....

Have faith in me, i want to be there when my second baby will decide to come out of her mother :dance:

Edited by FreddY2081

Visa Received :

US Entry :

Timeline

AL

Ciao

I charged the phone before calling, but as the answering machine was explaining me very very very very very slowly how much was the phone call that she was making an hour long, the line got cut, cuz i ran out of money on the cell, because the money i charged didnt come right away...

Long story short, Ill call them tomorrow morning at 8,30, and ill let you know....

Have faith in me, i want to be there when my second baby will decide to come out of her mother :dance:

Awwww... that sucks!! Of course they explain S...L....O....W...L...Y so that it costs more!! Just keep me posted and good luck!!! When is your wifes due date?? I hope that they get you cleared soon so you can go be with her to help.

I-130

Citizenship Process;

Timeline

AL

Ciao

Awwww... that sucks!! Of course they explain S...L....O....W...L...Y so that it costs more!! Just keep me posted and good luck!!! When is your wifes due date?? I hope that they get you cleared soon so you can go be with her to help.

Her due date is Jan 13th.. If we dont get stuck in RFE I should be there already....

Visa Received :

US Entry :

Timeline

I called the Embassy this morning, an 8€ phone call just to know that they dont aything about me yet.

Have to wait until NVC tells them something about the case, and then it will be possible to do something...

Visa Received :

US Entry :

Filed: Country: Afghanistan
Timeline
I called the Embassy this morning, an 8€ phone call just to know that they dont aything about me yet.

Have to wait until NVC tells them something about the case, and then it will be possible to do something...

I understand your frustration; I had to wait more than two months from the time that I filed the DCF until when it was approved, and then another week or so to get the information sent to Naples. I can imagine it's even worse when not being able to file DCF.

With regard to the NPL number that they were talking about, that is the case number that Naples has for the beneficiary once the case has been sent there. If you don't have that, there's no use in calling the consulate as they won't be able to schedule anything. (NPL stands for Naples obviously).

The good news is that once they have the case, they contact you relatively quickly, and if you are able to get the documentation in order in a short period of time, you can call them and schedule an interview within 2-3 weeks.

Timeline

I understand your frustration; I had to wait more than two months from the time that I filed the DCF until when it was approved, and then another week or so to get the information sent to Naples. I can imagine it's even worse when not being able to file DCF.

With regard to the NPL number that they were talking about, that is the case number that Naples has for the beneficiary once the case has been sent there. If you don't have that, there's no use in calling the consulate as they won't be able to schedule anything. (NPL stands for Naples obviously).

The good news is that once they have the case, they contact you relatively quickly, and if you are able to get the documentation in order in a short period of time, you can call them and schedule an interview within 2-3 weeks.

I have the NPL number, that was generated once the NVC received the file...

Try to imagine waiting since Jan and still having no answer... Thank God my family was here with me until the 14ht of aug, but I wish I was there already to get started...

Anyway, I was actually able to file thru DFC because my wife had the necessary requirements, but never knew there was this chance, until I logged on this forum the first time, and it was aroung june, so useless to file it again as I had to wait another couple of months to be approved...

I hope I'll get this call as soon as possible, even if until Christeen's husband doesn't receive it, I won't of course... :unsure:

Visa Received :

US Entry :

Timeline

Well, the case is complete now!!! So I am going to have my husband e-mail the embassy and see if they can request the file. And we will ask for the earliest date?? We'll see.... Interfc1... Hopefully your login failure is soon and case complete!!!

I-130

Citizenship Process;

Timeline
Well, the case is complete now!!! So I am going to have my husband e-mail the embassy and see if they can request the file. And we will ask for the earliest date?? We'll see.... Interfc1... Hopefully your login failure is soon and case complete!!!

Dont forget to let me know... and if you guys have luck in that let me know what to do 2 days after u :P

Visa Received :

US Entry :

Timeline

Dont forget to let me know... and if you guys have luck in that let me know what to do 2 days after u :P

Hello everyone... got back from Naples last night (we live in Sicily) with my wife's visa in hand. Truly a simple process and you're going to realize that the medical/interview/biometrics in those two days is basically anticlimatic. Extremely kind and friendly staff at the Naples consulate who upon immediately realizing the obvious - that ours is a genuine marriage - were more interested in our 2 year old daughter than anything else. The consul is a nice young woman who literally asked us one question about our marriage and then we chatted for another several minutes. Don't get me wrong, they're not pushovers - they denied several people who obviously weren't telling the truth (including a guy who was dressed as a priest and had been previously arrested in the United States), but the visa was approved for us without problems. Leaving in less than 3 weeks for the US.

If anyone has any specific questions, feel free to contact me directly. Thanks to everyone here for the assistance provided when requested, and I cannot reiterate enough that as long as you are prepared and honest, it's a cakewalk.

Timeline

Hello everyone... got back from Naples last night (we live in Sicily) with my wife's visa in hand. Truly a simple process and you're going to realize that the medical/interview/biometrics in those two days is basically anticlimatic. Extremely kind and friendly staff at the Naples consulate who upon immediately realizing the obvious - that ours is a genuine marriage - were more interested in our 2 year old daughter than anything else. The consul is a nice young woman who literally asked us one question about our marriage and then we chatted for another several minutes. Don't get me wrong, they're not pushovers - they denied several people who obviously weren't telling the truth (including a guy who was dressed as a priest and had been previously arrested in the United States), but the visa was approved for us without problems. Leaving in less than 3 weeks for the US.

If anyone has any specific questions, feel free to contact me directly. Thanks to everyone here for the assistance provided when requested, and I cannot reiterate enough that as long as you are prepared and honest, it's a cakewalk.

Congratulations... This is a great new :dance::dance::thumbs:

I know the consul is a really nice lady because when we went there to register my son as a US citizen born abroad, she wanted to hold him in her arms, and was quite a nice person...

YEAH!!!

Visa Received :

US Entry :

Timeline

Yeah, she is. I think she especially liked us because of our response to her only real question about us:

(This is all in Italian but translated for the non-Italian speaking folk on VJ)

"How did you meet?"

"At a New Year's Eve party that neither of us were supposed to attend."

"That's funny, I met my husband in the same way... at a New Year's Eve party and neither of us were supposed to be there."

Anyway, I know it's difficult to do because it's a very important issue but for those people who have everything in order, just relax.

Timeline
Yeah, she is. I think she especially liked us because of our response to her only real question about us:

(This is all in Italian but translated for the non-Italian speaking folk on VJ)

"How did you meet?"

"At a New Year's Eve party that neither of us were supposed to attend."

"That's funny, I met my husband in the same way... at a New Year's Eve party and neither of us were supposed to be there."

Anyway, I know it's difficult to do because it's a very important issue but for those people who have everything in order, just relax.

Never been nervous about interviews.. I just wish my wife could come with me to the embassy... It's ok, I'll do it myself :)

Should I take a couple of pictures with me to the embassy?? I got pics of us together with the twin towers in back of us ...

Visa Received :

US Entry :

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.