maghrabi

interview story for Cairo embassy

25 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
yes i guess they are looking not only to the first name but to the first , middle and last name . i don't think they will need to investigate Mohamed Mohamed Ahmed like they would do with Mohamed reda Farouk or Ahmed Khalid Samir

just a thought but i am not sure how smart are they !!

if this is what they do i believe they r so dump ...

why someone would care for my last name which is my grand gran pa name ..who is already dead 100000 years ago ?!

i just believe they search for my name ..and may be my dad name is suspected or so ...but dead ppl ?!

im not sure ..but AP have many many reasons not oly the name ...

YA ALAH Bless Our Joureny To The End , Ameen

Je T'aime Till My Dying Day

Timeline
Hi

sorry for these bad news ..while i blieve its no bad anyway

first of all ..i saw alot of cases that are completed at NVC although they dnt meet the Income requirements ; and it raise at the Interview time ..and others get an RFE in the NVC stage before its forwarded to the Embassy , so dont feel strange and just u need a co-sponsor ..

as my brothers and sisters here mentioned

the AP is normal at Cairo Embassy specially in some circumstances where u have :

1 : a so traditional name like `` Ahmed ..Mohamed .. Mahmoud ,, Islam -------etc )

2: u travelled abroad alot and they need to check the validity of your papers

3: they are suspecious about your relation and so they give it more time so they may make home investigations etc ...

so generally as of my opinion u r approved otherwise u wouldnt be put on AP and your papers would be returned back to the US ...

so u r good to go ..matter of time ..

whats ur name by the way ?!

Good Luck

thank you so much for you answer

1- ma name is Omar

2- i never travel before

3- i'm married from 4 years and 4 months and ma wife was here 3 times one of them she stayed with me for one year

so i really have no comment about this embassy and this AP thing

god bless you

then expect that your AP is just paper verification process no more

and it should be done soon :)

be cheerful uwill get through it so soon

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
yes i guess they are looking not only to the first name but to the first , middle and last name . i don't think they will need to investigate Mohamed Mohamed Ahmed like they would do with Mohamed reda Farouk or Ahmed Khalid Samir

why someone would care for my last name which is my grand gran pa name ..who is already dead 100000 years ago ?!

i just believe they search for my name ..and may be my dad name is suspected or so ...but dead ppl ?!

no man i didn't mean they will search your ancestors name for what they did , but i ment your name is not your first name only otherwise when mohamed is doing a crime then all mohameds are suspect . your name is not your only first name but your name is the compination of your first , middle and last name so they will search their list for your full name records

Timeline

no man i didn't mean they will search your ancestors name for what they did , but i ment your name is not your first name only otherwise when mohamed is doing a crime then all mohameds are suspect . your name is not your only first name but your name is the compination of your first , middle and last name so they will search their list for your full name records

ops

im sorry i miss-understood

for sure u r totally right

in sha ALAH it will be smooth trip for all of us

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

we were in AP for 9 months. There a lot of posts about this in the Mena Section. It is not easy and there is no rhyme or reason to who flys through AP and who waits even over a year.

Don't get to worked up - just be patient it is really out of your hands now. Get the co-sponsor in order and just be patient.

K1 process

10/05/2006 filled :)

05/03/2007 interview -> AP -> hell -> AP -> 9 months of AP Hell - 2 home visits :(

01/26/2008 visa in hand with a typo :(

02/03/2008 2 weeks more of waiting.... Visa in hand...... :)

2/20/2008 on US soil :)

2/21/2008 marriage :)

AOS

03/12/2008 Sent AOS/Work/Travel

03/16/2008 shows delivered chicago

4/12/2008 check cashed :)

4/13/2008 NOA's for all 3

4/18/2008 bio letter

4/29/2008 bio appt.

5/06/2008 RFE 2007 tax return

5/07/2008 returned RFE overnight

5/08/2008 received-lees summit

5/12/08 case updated online/RFE received

5/27/08 checked the website for the third time today -says AP and EAD approval letter sent 5/24- it was not updated online till today - and no e-mail update either

5/27/08 emails sent in afternoon AP and EAD approvals

5/29/08 AP touch

5/29/08 email EAD card production ordered

6/02/08 AP in hand

6/03/08 email EAD card mailed

6/05/08 EAD card in hand :)

7/28/08 AOS letter received

9/02/08 AOS interview

9/10/08 card production ordered email :)

9/17/08 welcome letter email and snail mail arrive same day

9/19/08 Greencard in hand :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hello, My husband has a pretty common full name. His interview was May 2007, his AP was 4 months til Sept 1st, then he was requested upon to get a Movement Certificate which was our hold up from Sept - Dec (was only supposed to take 2-3 weeks) By December the Embassy was calling him to find out about the movement certificate bcz they were ready to issue his visa, and no movement certificate was given to us bcz of some reasons, the Embassy did what they needed to and he got his visa by Jan 1st 2008. but AP for us was only 4 months from May-Sept.

10407819_701840296558511_659086279075738

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.