maghrabi

interview story for Cairo embassy

25 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

I was there at 6.30 am and I found about 30 or 40 ppl waiting in the front of the embassy and at 7.00 am guy come out from the embassy and asked us to form 2 lines 1 for immigration and one for other kind of visa . and then thay check us and let us enter the embassy visa section 7.30 am they start calling # and after 20 mins they called my # it was an Egyptian woman she was very rude she asked for ma medical and by the way they didn’t even ask about my x-ray . and she give me back ma original documents and took my passport and asked me to go pay for the DHl it's 67 LE and then I go back and wait again and 30 mins later thay call ma 3 again that time was for finger print . and then I set again waiting for the last thing ( interview ) I waited about 4 hours this time and then American woman called my name and she start to ask me normal question's like how and where and how long your wife stayed and where . and in the end she told me you wife don’t meet the income that we need so you need joint sponsor . and then she start to write something on the computer and then she told me now we need joint sponsor . and she gave me my passport back and yellow paper that she was writing and she said that what we need from you and you also have to wait for the AP I was like OMG and she said its normal i asked her how long it will take she said it depends sometimes 2 weeks sometimes more and she said this AP process is done from Washington not from Cairo !!!!!!! and she said we will call you and ask you to send the documents for the joint sponsor and your passport to us .

Now I have some questions

1- how long this AP normally take

2- is there's anyone here was in the same situation like me and what happened with him

3- after you read my interview story is that mean that I'm approved in the interview

4- and is the joint sponsor have to live in the same state ma wife live in

god bless you all and inshallah all u will pass the interview without this stupid AP thing

.png

Filed: Other Country: Egypt
Timeline

Ok well I am sorry you had a bad experience there. As for the sponsor goes I am not sure how this was not realized before the interview?? Your co-sponsor does not have to live in the same state as your wife. In my opinion NO you are not approved due to not meeting the income requirements. Once you obtain a co-sponsor then that could change. From what I have seen it appears that about 90% of people who go through Cairo end up in AP. This can last from as little as 2 weeks up till years. I pray that yours will be quick. Good luck to you!!

Betsy El Sum

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
I was there at 6.30 am and I found about 30 or 40 ppl waiting in the front of the embassy and at 7.00 am guy come out from the embassy and asked us to form 2 lines 1 for immigration and one for other kind of visa . and then thay check us and let us enter the embassy visa section 7.30 am they start calling # and after 20 mins they called my # it was an Egyptian woman she was very rude she asked for ma medical and by the way they didn’t even ask about my x-ray . and she give me back ma original documents and took my passport and asked me to go pay for the DHl it's 67 LE and then I go back and wait again and 30 mins later thay call ma 3 again that time was for finger print . and then I set again waiting for the last thing ( interview ) I waited about 4 hours this time and then American woman called my name and she start to ask me normal question's like how and where and how long your wife stayed and where . and in the end she told me you wife don’t meet the income that we need so you need joint sponsor . and then she start to write something on the computer and then she told me now we need joint sponsor . and she gave me my passport back and yellow paper that she was writing and she said that what we need from you and you also have to wait for the AP I was like OMG and she said its normal i asked her how long it will take she said it depends sometimes 2 weeks sometimes more and she said this AP process is done from Washington not from Cairo !!!!!!! and she said we will call you and ask you to send the documents for the joint sponsor and your passport to us .

2- is there's anyone here was in the same situation like me and what happened with him

3- after you read my interview story is that mean that I'm approved in the interview

god bless you all and inshallah all u will pass the interview without this stupid AP thing

No the co-sponsor does not have to live in the same state, as far as I know, but the co-sponsor has to be a US citizen or a green card holder. And must meet the poverty guild lines and be able to show their past 3 years W2'S. As for AP, sorry to say, but their is no set time limit. Could be weeks to years. And from the sound of it your approved , as long as you get a co-sponsor that meets the requirements.

My prayers are with you, that you have a speedy AP !

u9vmq44n58.gif

'It's not how much you give or what you say, it is how much love you give in what you do'

as1czXHFg2B1530MjEyODc2c3wwMDAyNDNsfFNpbmNlIHdlIHdlcmUgbWFycmllZA.gif

Timeline

And from the sound of it your approved , as long as you get a co-sponsor that meets the requirements

I do like to ask you why you went to the interview and you already now you not meeting the income verification.

As far I know you are ok tell you get the sponsor and for the AP is normal in Cairo for all male applicant seeking

immigration visa to US very little AP for women why I don’t now . for sure you will be ok so don’t get frustrated about this .

:thumbs: Always think positive

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

If you were denied, I don't think you would have finished the interview as it would have been stopped right there and then. You are given a chance to redeem yourself by finding a co sponsor. As far as AP, it is normal.

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

i am so sorry for the bad day there but i guess your approval depends now on the co sonsor , find one and get approved ..

but let me ask you 2 questions which are important in your case :

1- did the NVC told your wife that her affadavit of support is approved and she's 125% over the poverty line ??

2- does your wife still work in the same place with the same salary or wage ?? or did she laid off or something??

those 2 questions came to my mind when i was thinking about your situation as i don't think the NVC would approve your wife's affadavit of support then the consular rejects it .

don't be upset as every problem during the journey has a solution isA and you will be with your wife sooner or later .

may God bless all of us

Timeline
Ok well I am sorry you had a bad experience there. As for the sponsor goes I am not sure how this was not realized before the interview?? Your co-sponsor does not have to live in the same state as your wife. In my opinion NO you are not approved due to not meeting the income requirements. Once you obtain a co-sponsor then that could change. From what I have seen it appears that about 90% of people who go through Cairo end up in AP. This can last from as little as 2 weeks up till years. I pray that yours will be quick. Good luck to you!!

thank you for response . I really don’t know how nvc accept my and approved my wife affidavit of support and NVC say that ma wife meets the income that they need and Embassy don’t . anyways thank you again and good luck in ur interview isA no AP for you

God bless you

No the co-sponsor does not have to live in the same state, as far as I know, but the co-sponsor has to be a US citizen or a green card holder. And must meet the poverty guild lines and be able to show their past 3 years W2'S. As for AP, sorry to say, but their is no set time limit. Could be weeks to years. And from the sound of it your approved , as long as you get a co-sponsor that meets the requirements.

My prayers are with you, that you have a speedy AP !

than you so much

i accept it to be weeks not years :wacko: thank you for answering my questions

god bless you

And from the sound of it your approved , as long as you get a co-sponsor that meets the requirements

I do like to ask you why you went to the interview and you already now you not meeting the income verification.

As far I know you are ok tell you get the sponsor and for the AP is normal in Cairo for all male applicant seeking

immigration visa to US very little AP for women why I don’t now . for sure you will be ok so don’t get frustrated about this .

:thumbs: Always think positive

thank you for response . I really don’t know how nvc accept my and approved my wife affidavit of support and NVC say that ma wife meets the income that they need and Embassy don’t .

by the way you answer makes me feel better . thank you very much

god bless you

If you were denied, I don't think you would have finished the interview as it would have been stopped right there and then. You are given a chance to redeem yourself by finding a co sponsor. As far as AP, it is normal.

thank you so much for your answer and elhmdullah we found co-sponsor and we will finish it as soon as but i will still wait for thier call anyways . god bless you

i am so sorry for the bad day there but i guess your approval depends now on the co sonsor , find one and get approved ..

but let me ask you 2 questions which are important in your case :

1- did the NVC told your wife that her affadavit of support is approved and she's 125% over the poverty line ??

2- does your wife still work in the same place with the same salary or wage ?? or did she laid off or something??

those 2 questions came to my mind when i was thinking about your situation as i don't think the NVC would approve your wife's affadavit of support then the consular rejects it .

don't be upset as every problem during the journey has a solution isA and you will be with your wife sooner or later .

may God bless all of us

first of all thank you for your response .

if NVC dosnt approved my wife affadavit of support then how my case completed there and schedule interview and by the way we got ref from nvc thay asked ma wife to send them form 1040 and she did and my case completed 2 days after she send them this form . and yes ma wife still waorking in the same place . co-sponsor is not problem for me all i care about is this AP thing and now i just have to wait for embassy call .now i have another question . can i apply for tourism visa while i'm waiting for this AP ?

.png

Timeline

first of all thank you for your response .

if NVC dosnt approved my wife affadavit of support then how my case completed there and schedule interview and by the way we got ref from nvc thay asked ma wife to send them form 1040 and she did and my case completed 2 days after she send them this form . and yes ma wife still waorking in the same place . co-sponsor is not problem for me all i care about is this AP thing and now i just have to wait for embassy call .now i have another question . can i apply for tourism visa while i'm waiting for this AP ?

yes man the NVC will forward the case to the embassy even when your AOS is not approved but they should send some ref , i wish you will find someone to co sponsor ASAP in order to put your case back on track

best of luck and God bless you

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hi

sorry for these bad news ..while i blieve its no bad anyway

first of all ..i saw alot of cases that are completed at NVC although they dnt meet the Income requirements ; and it raise at the Interview time ..and others get an RFE in the NVC stage before its forwarded to the Embassy , so dont feel strange and just u need a co-sponsor ..

as my brothers and sisters here mentioned

the AP is normal at Cairo Embassy specially in some circumstances where u have :

1 : a so traditional name like `` Ahmed ..Mohamed .. Mahmoud ,, Islam -------etc )

2: u travelled abroad alot and they need to check the validity of your papers

3: they are suspecious about your relation and so they give it more time so they may make home investigations etc ...

so generally as of my opinion u r approved otherwise u wouldnt be put on AP and your papers would be returned back to the US ...

so u r good to go ..matter of time ..

whats ur name by the way ?!

Good Luck

YA ALAH Bless Our Joureny To The End , Ameen

Je T'aime Till My Dying Day

Timeline
Hi

first of all ..i saw alot of cases that are completed at NVC although they dnt meet the Income requirements ; and it raise at the Interview time ..and others get an RFE in the NVC stage before its forwarded to the Embassy , so dont feel strange and just u need a co-sponsor ..

the AP is normal at Cairo Embassy specially in some circumstances where u have :

1 : a so traditional name like `` Ahmed ..Mohamed .. Mahmoud ,, Islam -------etc )

3: they are suspecious about your relation and so they give it more time so they may make home investigations etc ...

so generally as of my opinion u r approved otherwise u wouldnt be put on AP and your papers would be returned back to the US ...

Good Luck

Just curious is AP determined by just is this for first names, last name or the combination of both? My hubby's name is Ahmed (who's isn't :P in Egypt, hee hee) but an uncommon last name. Just curious....

Blessed are the heart that can bend, they can never be broken - Albert Camus

Any comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished in any way without express written permission from 100% Al Ahly Fan.

Timeline
Hi

Good Luck

Just curious is AP determined by just is this for first names, last name or the combination of both? My hubby's name is Ahmed (who's isn't :P in Egypt, hee hee) but an uncommon last name. Just curious....

first name is what they look at ...

last name is not important cz most of them are dead or about to , lol (our grand`s )

Timeline

last name is not important cz most of them are dead or about to , lol (our grand`s )

NO one know what they are looking for I did see some one name mohammed-abrahim -ali and no AP at all

Timeline

NO one know what they are looking for I did see some one name mohammed-abrahim -ali and no AP at all

i believe that i said above that NAME can be a reason ..i stated many reasons ..

and please use smaller font

thank you

Timeline

yes i guess they are looking not only to the first name but to the first , middle and last name . i don't think they will need to investigate Mohamed Mohamed Ahmed like they would do with Mohamed reda Farouk or Ahmed Khalid Samir

just a thought but i am not sure how smart are they !!

Timeline
Hi

Good Luck

thank you so much for you answer

1- ma name is Omar

2- i never travel before

3- i'm married from 4 years and 4 months and ma wife was here 3 times one of them she stayed with me for one year

so i really have no comment about this embassy and this AP thing

god bless you

.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.