Starlight95

Looking on the positive side to the K-1 process

18 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hello folks,

I am in the same boat as Shivali, and go through the same scenario everyday. But, as looking on Igor's list and I know they are only estimates. It seems based on Feb 09 applicants for CSC, they approved most everybody. Yes, some of us might get an RFE, but it is not bad becasue eventually they will approve it. The chancers of denial are slim, but if you take immediate action to resolve issues maybe you would not have to wait as long as a year. The whole reason for the K-1 process its suppossed to be faster. Now that CSC has indicated on their website that their processing time is 5 months, we have every reason to contact them to let them know regarding the status. I do agree it might be best to contact your congressman or representative if they do not get on top of your petition. Everybody please just hang in there, and lets continue to give each other support. I don't think its fair that some get approved faster than others. especially within the same month. I know it may be too soon for me to write to my congresman or senator, but I just wanted to write for all of us in regards to the unfairness. What do you guys think?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
Hello folks,

I am in the same boat as Shivali, and go through the same scenario everyday. But, as looking on Igor's list and I know they are only estimates. It seems based on Feb 09 applicants for CSC, they approved most everybody. Yes, some of us might get an RFE, but it is not bad becasue eventually they will approve it. The chancers of denial are slim, but if you take immediate action to resolve issues maybe you would not have to wait as long as a year. The whole reason for the K-1 process its suppossed to be faster. Now that CSC has indicated on their website that their processing time is 5 months, we have every reason to contact them to let them know regarding the status. I do agree it might be best to contact your congressman or representative if they do not get on top of your petition. Everybody please just hang in there, and lets continue to give each other support. I don't think its fair that some get approved faster than others. especially within the same month. I know it may be too soon for me to write to my congresman or senator, but I just wanted to write for all of us in regards to the unfairness. What do you guys think?

I don't think it's unfair that others get processed faster - rather, it's all luck of the draw. It would only be unfair if USCIS were actually discriminating between cases, purposely approving some faster than others, but from what I've read it seems it's just a matter of who gets their hands on what stack of paper first.

At any rate, all that any of us can do is just hang in there and wait it out - knowing that in the end it's all worth it for a lifetime with the one you love.

July 2007 - met Jesse at a beach party held by mutual friends in Long Island, NY

May 2008 - J-1 visa expired, had to move back to Australia

July 2008-September 2008 - lived with Jesse for three months in Staten Island, NY

March 2009 - Jesse comes to Australia for 3 weeks

April 2009 - Engaged!

05/20/09 - I-129F petition mailed in

05/22/09 - NOA1!

05/25/09 - touch

09/09/09 - NOA2!

10/01/09 - due to fiance's illness, we are abandoning pursuit of K-1 at this point. Packet 3 received from consulate but won't be returned.

arnie.jpg

Our baby boy, Arnie.

I don't think it's unfair that others get processed faster - rather, it's all luck of the draw. It would only be unfair if USCIS were actually discriminating between cases, purposely approving some faster than others, but from what I've read it seems it's just a matter of who gets their hands on what stack of paper first.

At any rate, all that any of us can do is just hang in there and wait it out - knowing that in the end it's all worth it for a lifetime with the one you love.

I'm afraid I disagree.

First in, first out would be fair. I don't even mind expedites for special circumstances—upcoming military deployment of the US citizen, for example.

But when VSC has already approved two MAY filers with no special circumstances*, while not a single March filer has been approved? No, that's not fair. That's not reasonable. It's arbitrary and capricious, and it's not acceptable.

Mind you, I don't begrudge those two couples their good fortune, but I am insanely jealous and fed up with USCIS and their utter lack of transparency, accountability, and just plain common sense.

* VSC has approved a total of 6 May filers per VisaJourney timelines. 4 were military expedites, but two had no special circumstances—I personally confirmed the latter with the members in question.

Edited by Stephen + Elisha

Improved USCIS Form G-325A (Biographic Information)

Form field input font changed to allow entry of dates in the specified format and to provide more space for addresses and employment history. This is the 6/12/09 version of the form; the current version is 8/8/11, but previous versions are accepted per the USCIS forms page.

If you write your congressman or senator they are going to tell you to wait the 5 months and then call them back. It doesn't matter what happens to other people or what the processing time was before. You just have to wait the 5 months, and even be prepared to wait more.

K-1

12/23/08-Mailed I-129F (VT)

12/27/08-Package arrived (VT)

12/29/08-NOA1! Yay

07/07/09-NOA2 after 6.5 months!

07/11/09-Received hardcopy of NOA2

07/14/09-Received by NVC & got case#

07/16/09-NVC sent case to SDO

07/20/09-Case arrived as SDO

08/13/09-My honey got his packet!!!

10/05/09-Appointment-Approved but on AP :(

10/20/09-Out of AP!!!

10/24/09-Hello USA

11/21/09-Wedding

AOS

12/08/09-Mailed packet

12/10/09-Delivered

12/14/09-Check cashed

12/14/09-NOA1

12/31/09-RFE

01/13/10-Biometrics

02/04/10-Case Transferred to CSC

02/09/10-EAD approved

02/13/10-EAD received

03/05/10-I485 Approved!

event.png

Filed: Country: India
Timeline

just hang in there and read VJ when ever you are upset. it took me 7+ months to get to NA02. try to enjoy your homeland while you're there. US is not like India - I know.

I-129: December'08

NAO1: December'08

RFE: April'09

NAO2-email: July'09

NA02-HardCopy: July'09

NVC->Embassy: July'09

Packet 3:July'09

Interview: september 17

Visa on hand: October 9

-_-

Arrival to US:

Filing for GC: November'09

GC on hand: March'10

Timeline
just hang in there and read VJ when ever you are upset. it took me 7+ months to get to NA02. try to enjoy your homeland while you're there. US is not like India - I know.

I am the petitioner waiting for my fiance. I am in US already he is in India.

Filed: Country: India
Timeline

so then pass the message along. lol.

i just had a reletive come here from india and he's totally not feeiling this place as its not the same. he can't go anywhere yet, he doesnt have friends, he's totally dependent on his fiance, now his wife. he totally didn't have this in mind. on top, he's having a hard time finding a job as his 'BsC' degree isnt good enough here, yada yada yada. so i did advise him when he was back in india that dude, just enjoy the place cuz this palce isn't like india. learn all the skills you need there

I-129: December'08

NAO1: December'08

RFE: April'09

NAO2-email: July'09

NA02-HardCopy: July'09

NVC->Embassy: July'09

Packet 3:July'09

Interview: september 17

Visa on hand: October 9

-_-

Arrival to US:

Filing for GC: November'09

GC on hand: March'10

Timeline
so then pass the message along. lol.

i just had a reletive come here from india and he's totally not feeiling this place as its not the same. he can't go anywhere yet, he doesnt have friends, he's totally dependent on his fiance, now his wife. he totally didn't have this in mind. on top, he's having a hard time finding a job as his 'BsC' degree isnt good enough here, yada yada yada. so i did advise him when he was back in india that dude, just enjoy the place cuz this palce isn't like india. learn all the skills you need there

Yes, its true but I do feel its an honor for anyone to come here. I know its not the same and being dependent on someone, but their are so many opportunities. It's different when you really want to come here, as this is the case with my fiance. He is aware of the economy and the situation and seems to be still want to start a life abroad. It's funny that there are a few who do not care too because of the freedom.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

I'm afraid I disagree.

First in, first out would be fair. I don't even mind expedites for special circumstances—upcoming military deployment of the US citizen, for example.

But when VSC has already approved two MAY filers with no special circumstances*, while not a single March filer has been approved? No, that's not fair. That's not reasonable. It's arbitrary and capricious, and it's not acceptable.

Mind you, I don't begrudge those two couples their good fortune, but I am insanely jealous and fed up with USCIS and their utter lack of transparency, accountability, and just plain common sense.

* VSC has approved a total of 6 May filers per VisaJourney timelines. 4 were military expedites, but two had no special circumstances—I personally confirmed the latter with the members in question.

Oh, me too, I'm crazy jealous of the two May petitions that have been approved already!!

Think about it though, if it was first in first out we would be waiting a hell of a lot longer... we'd have to wait while RFE's get returned, while the more extensive checks are done on some petitions, etc etc. I would much rather have them work on and hopefully approve other cases while they are waiting for returned RFE's and so on, then have them sit there doing nothing for up to 30 days for the sake of doing the petitions in order.

But I do completely agree that their transparency is hopeless - if nothing else, I wish they could at least get their online tracking to be reliable. There are so many beneficiaries who are in the States, married, applying for AOS and whatnot that according to the USCIS tracking are still "case received and pending."

July 2007 - met Jesse at a beach party held by mutual friends in Long Island, NY

May 2008 - J-1 visa expired, had to move back to Australia

July 2008-September 2008 - lived with Jesse for three months in Staten Island, NY

March 2009 - Jesse comes to Australia for 3 weeks

April 2009 - Engaged!

05/20/09 - I-129F petition mailed in

05/22/09 - NOA1!

05/25/09 - touch

09/09/09 - NOA2!

10/01/09 - due to fiance's illness, we are abandoning pursuit of K-1 at this point. Packet 3 received from consulate but won't be returned.

arnie.jpg

Our baby boy, Arnie.

Oh, for sure. "First in, first out" perhaps wasn't the best choice of words. Cases with RFEs should be set aside and resumed when the responses come in. Same with cases that take extra time to complete name checks.

Let me rephrase. Instead of just saying "we process cases in the order they are received," USCIS should try actually doing so.

Improved USCIS Form G-325A (Biographic Information)

Form field input font changed to allow entry of dates in the specified format and to provide more space for addresses and employment history. This is the 6/12/09 version of the form; the current version is 8/8/11, but previous versions are accepted per the USCIS forms page.

Filed: Country: China
Timeline
Yes, its true but I do feel its an honor for anyone to come here.

Let's not get carried away here starlight. It is an honor to go to ANY country, the USA is not some unique bastion of beautiful. The USA sucks as much or more than many others. I hope you do not feel like everyone immigrating here should feel so honored. I would guess most wouldn't think of coming if they were not in love. My fiancee wouldn't.

I find it hard to read some of your impatience posts because your NOA1 was May 27, 2009!!!!!! My gawd, please relax. You have a while to wait.

Edited by usagroom

moving right along

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I have read about quite a few people questioning why some people's cases get processed quicker then others, we must remember not everyone is the same.. Some cases could be more complicated then others. Either way we are all doing this for a reason to be with the person we love, and I for one will wait as long as it takes.. Yeah it sucks at times but I don't think anyone should be jealous that someone who submitted their case at the same time get processed quicker, just be happy because we will all get processed in time.. Anyway the NO2 and the pink slip in the passport is just the beginning of lots more paper work and waiting..

Just do what it takes........

It sucks but we will all get through it, just enjoy being around your friends and family in your country because soon you will be the person you love over in America, and I for one will miss my home family and friends..

Stay strong people x

:star:

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : London, United Kingdom

I-129F Sent : 2009-05-27

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-06-01

Request for further information : 2009-09-11

Information received and processing continues : 2009-09-18

Touch : 2009-09-21

Touch : 2009-09-24

Touch : 2009-09-25

Approved : 2009-09-24

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-09-29 Hard copy recieved =)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

Its like going to the Supermarket. All these lines, you choose one and you end up getting stuck behind the people who don't know how you use the DIY checkouts so you end up standing there whilst the lines around you go 100 times faster and people who arrived after you are already finished checking out.

Now if USCIS had 1 person adjudicating every case it would be fair one line means no skipping but it would take forever (ofc) .

Goodluck to anyone still waiting.

29/06/2004 Met online

24/10/2004- Officially started dating!

-Various Trips Between the USA and Scotland-

25/12/2007- Steven Proposed, and gave me a lovely Ring!

29/02/2008- Sent I-129F to VSC

22/09/2008-1pm - Recieved Visa!

04/11/2008 -Steven comes back to Scotland for the Celebrations!

09/11/2008- We return home together!

23/01/2009- Wedding!!!

Your I-129f was approved in 108 days from your NOA1 date.

Preparing AOS Forms.

09/4/2009- Sent AOS

11/4/2009- Received and signed for

20/4/2009- Received NOA for AOS/EAD/AP (Dated April 17th)

20/4/2009- USCIS cashed check for $1010

09/5/2009- Biometrics

11/5/2009- Case transferred to CSC

05/6/2009- Received AP

09/6/2009- Received EAD

22/7/2009- Approved!

27/7/2009- Greencard in Hand

Removal of Conditions.

15/5/2011- Received @ VSC

23/5/2011-NOA1

12/07/2011- Biometrics

Its like going to the Supermarket. All these lines, you choose one and you end up getting stuck behind the people who don't know how you use the DIY checkouts so you end up standing there whilst the lines around you go 100 times faster and people who arrived after you are already finished checking out.

Now if USCIS had 1 person adjudicating every case it would be fair one line means no skipping but it would take forever (ofc) .

Goodluck to anyone still waiting.

awwww man... I hope it's not like at the supermarket... 9 times out of 10 I get the idiots in the short line. :crying:

For details visit My Timeline or Profile

ROC Timeline:
May 23, 2012 - Mailed I-751
January 7, 2013 - RFE Received
March 26, 2013 - RFE Response Sent
April 11, 2013 - ROC APPROVED

June 8th, 2013 - 10 yr GC Received (FINALLY)

AOS Timeline:
March 23, 2010 - Mailed I-485 (AOS), I-131 (AP), I-765 (EAD)
June 7, 2010 - AP received
June 12, 2010 - EAD received
August 27, 2010 - 2 yr Green Card Received!

K-1 Timeline:
April 22, 2009 - I-129F Sent
November 20, 2009 - Interview in Montreal - Approved!
January 3, 2010 - POE (Ambassador Bridge)
January 20, 2010 - Wedding

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.