transformer

rate the baks plzzz

8 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

I can only speak for the ones that I've dealt with in the past. Wells Fargo is pretty good but their rates are outrageous, same for Bank of America. And I currently use 1st Bank of Colorado which is fabulous for my checking account and all those types of transactions but they're only available in Colorado. ^_^

Diana

CR-1

02/05/07 - I-130 sent to NSC

05/03/07 - NOA2

05/10/07 - NVC receives petition, case # assigned

08/08/07 - Case Complete

09/27/07 - Interview, visa granted

10/02/07 - POE

11/16/07 - Received green card and Welcome to America letter in the mail

Removing Conditions

07/06/09 - I-751 sent to CSC

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

10/01/09 - Received 10 year green card

U.S. Citizenship

03/30/11 - N-400 sent via Priority Mail w/ delivery confirmation

05/12/11 - Biometrics

07/20/11 - Interview - passed

07/20/11 - Oath ceremony - same day as interview

You may not see this as a helpful post but it really does depend on a myriad of factors from your geographic location, to your creditworthiness and what services you need.

Depending oin location I would even say that it depends on your local branch. A few times I heard from people moaning about their bank because of an intransigent branch manager or staff members. They moved to a new branch and suddenly that bank was wonderful.

I use Bank of America and am happy with them but that is simply because the services I need are provided in a professional manner. Work out what it is you want from a bank and do a little shopping around. I don't believe there is a best bank but rather a best bank for a specific set of circumstances.

AOS Application

AOS posted 5/30/2007

AOS arrived in Chicago 6/1/2007

NOA1 rcvd 6/11/2007, dated 6/6/2007

AOS/EAD/AP touched 6/10/2007

AOS/EAD/AP touched 6/11/2007

Rcvd AOS/EAD Biometrics appt. letter 6/19/2007

I130/EAD/AP touched 6/24/2007

AOS/EAD Biometrics appt. 7/6/2007

AOS/EAD touched 7/6/2007

AOS/EAD touched 7/9/2007

AP touched 8/14/2007

AP touched 8/15/2007

AP touched 8/16/2007

EAD approved 8/20 EAD Approved

Rcvd AP in post 8/22/2007 AP Approved

AOS Interview 9/26/2007

AOS Approved 9/26/2007

I-751 Petition to Remove Conditions of Residence

I-751 mailed 07/06/09

I-751 arrived VSC 07/07/09

NOA1 dated 07/07/09

Biometrics 08/13/0

I-751 Approval 12/10/09 I-751 Approved

Where are you located?

Credit Unions tend to be a little better, IMO, but I also use larger chain banks too.

Edited by Ed+Cindy

------- ROC ---------------

06.29.2011 Mailed I-751

09.22.2011 RFE

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I think having a couple of accounts can be useful: one with a multi-state bank and one with a local bank. I went with Chase because they're located where I grew up, where I went to college, and where I moved afterwards. Some local banks tend to waive ATM fees, so that may be a perk with them.

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Stay away from Regions- we had a very bad experience with them. Well, several actually but the worst was that they almost lost us our house in the US because they wouldn't do money transfer over the phone after assuring us in emails that they would. I have also heard bad things about Bank of America and Wels Fargo, but no personal experiences.

If you plan on transfering money from abroad, check on the fees any bank you are considering will charge, there are large differences. This is especially important if you ave regular transfers from a rental property or similar in your home country, as we have. Strangely, smaller regional banks tend to charge less. We are with ARVEST and have found them very good.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.