IrvineCAGuy

I-864A Proving Relationship to Sponsor

5 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Thailand
Timeline

Received a notice of missing information on the co-sponsors I-864A filled out by the brother. The sister is the sponsor and the brother is providing the financial support. They stated "You as a household member have not provided proof of your relationship to the sponsor."

What proof is needed to show that the I-864A brother is the brother of the sister? I know of no legal documents that proves a brother and sister are related except the birth certificate show a common mother.

Thanks,

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
Received a notice of missing information on the co-sponsors I-864A filled out by the brother. The sister is the sponsor and the brother is providing the financial support. They stated "You as a household member have not provided proof of your relationship to the sponsor."

What proof is needed to show that the I-864A brother is the brother of the sister? I know of no legal documents that proves a brother and sister are related except the birth certificate show a common mother.

Thanks,

Not to be a smarta$$, but I believe that you answered your own question: birth certificates. Maybe notarized affidavits from both the brother and sister could be used.

From the step by step I-864A instructions for line 8c:

If you check any other relative except for spouse, you must provide proof of the relationship and that you have the same principal residence as the sponsor.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Filed: Country: Thailand
Timeline

Thanks,

I forgot to ask...the NVA asked to send in a new I-964A and says "Please provide all requested documents." Does this mean send in all the original supporting docs again, or just this missing information? (I see that I checked the wrong box on the I-864A that says the brother is the son...Opps.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Thanks,

I forgot to ask...the NVA asked to send in a new I-964A and says "Please provide all requested documents." Does this mean send in all the original supporting docs again, or just this missing information? (I see that I checked the wrong box on the I-864A that says the brother is the son...Opps.

If you checked the wrong box then you should send a new 864A for the brother with the needed documentation and the correct box checked. :) Don't take the chance that the incorrect form will get fixed. Also attach a cover letter explaining the mistake and instructing them to remove that form and use the new form in its place.

Doing these forms can test your sanity at times.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

• 2 years later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

If I sand I864 joint Sponsor would that work. or they still need proof of relationship

the sand me Checklist asking for I864

then anther one ask for I864 and proof of relationship for I864A

Jo

USCIS journey

02/28/2011 I-130 sent

03/02/2011 USCIS received the case.

03/07/2011 NOA1

06/18/2011 NOA2 (approved 110 days)

06/27/2011 Received hard copy of NOA2

07/28/2011 Idiots at CSC shipped approved petition to NVC

NVC journey (after 1 months and 5 days since approval)

07/31/2011 NVC case number assigned & invoice number given

08/01/2011 filled DS261 online

08/02/2011 Paid AOS

08/03/2011 AOS fee marked as PAID

08/03/2011 AOS package sent

08/04/2011 IV fee invoiced and paid

08/05/2011 IV marked as paid, IV package sent

08/08/2011 IV and AOS received by NVC

08/12/2011 REF and returned in the same day

08/15/2011 REF received by the office

08/15/2011 REF2 false

08/17/2011 REF3 false

08/22/2011 expedite granted

08/23/2011 RFE received according to AVS

08/23/2011 Case sent to Embassy

08/23/2011 Case complete!

08/23/2011 SIF!!! ( top part of the website said the case was forward to embassy)

U.S. Embassy

08/26/2011 Embassy electronically received the case

08/29/2011 Interview date assigned on 10-16-2011 rescheduling requested to 09-25-2011

09/19/2011 Medical- DONE!!!!

09/25/2011 Interview

09/27/2011 visa received

USA

10/11/2011 POE

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.